Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Sailing in Geneva. Anyone here?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Sailing in Geneva. Anyone here?

Hi, I've just came again from Russia to Geneva. Just want to know if anybody is sailing regularly in Geneva?

I love water, wind, sails, and a real hard work as crew member. Sailing is my dream.

Unfortunatelly I cannot afford to rent the boat or pay to school to get some practice and lessons. But if someone here is sailing regulary and needs a "padawan" with almost no knowledge but a lot of passion, I'll be happy to join.

Here is the deal: - I need your experience, your lessons to reach my dream. For this you'll get the person (me), who will make whatever is needed during the sailing, including cleaning and coffee/tee making, repairing, etc. I'm not afraid to work. ) Lets help each other.

Thank you!

The text you are quoting:

Hi, I've just came again from Russia to Geneva. Just want to know if anybody is sailing regularly in Geneva?

I love water, wind, sails, and a real hard work as crew member. Sailing is my dream.

Unfortunatelly I cannot afford to rent the boat or pay to school to get some practice and lessons. But if someone here is sailing regulary and needs a "padawan" with almost no knowledge but a lot of passion, I'll be happy to join.

Here is the deal: - I need your experience, your lessons to reach my dream. For this you'll get the person (me), who will make whatever is needed during the sailing, including cleaning and coffee/tee making, repairing, etc. I'm not afraid to work. ) Lets help each other.

Thank you!

Peter PMar 25, 12 22:52
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

26 Replies | 1097 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Sailing in Geneva. Anyone here?
Post 1

hey, I'm a prospective proud owner of a boating licence for open water (If all goes well already in June). I'm passionate about sailing, wind, sun and great times.

I'm always keen meeting other like-minded people.

Klaus from Zurich organizes meetups for fellow sailor, you should check out the website:

http://www.meetup.com/the-sailing-holidays-Meetup-group/

hey, I'm a prospective proud owner of a boating licence for open water (If all goes well already in June). I'm passionate about sailing, wind, sun and great times.

I'm always keen meeting other like-minded people.

Klaus from Zurich organizes meetups for fellow sailor, you should check out the website:

http://www.meetup.com/the-sailing-holidays-Meetup-group/

yang b, Mar 25, 12 23:43
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Wow, That's really cool. I'll join the community for sure, despite its in Zurich )   Thank you a lot for link!

Wow, That's really cool. I'll join the community for sure, despite its in Zurich )   Thank you a lot for link!

Peter P, Mar 26, 12 12:44
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Hey I am seeking to start lessons here in Geneva this spring/summer and connect with other sailors. where did you get license? Advice welcome.

take care

Celia

Hey I am seeking to start lessons here in Geneva this spring/summer and connect with other sailors. where did you get license? Advice welcome.

take care

Celia

Celia O, Mar 26, 12 14:30
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Hi Celia - I want to start taking lessons as well... I have written a few emails to sailing clubs and will keep you posted what they write back in terms of Sailing Lessons in English! 

Cheers,

ALi 

Hi Celia - I want to start taking lessons as well... I have written a few emails to sailing clubs and will keep you posted what they write back in terms of Sailing Lessons in English! 

Cheers,

ALi 

Alexandra G, Mar 26, 12 14:54
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Hi Cecilia, Alexandra,

I know how to sail and I have a license from Argentina, but I guess I will have to go through the lessons and exams again, any info will be very appreciated.

Would also love sailing in regattas among friends, this is something we could organize, nothing better to learn than racing.

Kind regards,

Emiliano

Hi Cecilia, Alexandra,

I know how to sail and I have a license from Argentina, but I guess I will have to go through the lessons and exams again, any info will be very appreciated.

Would also love sailing in regattas among friends, this is something we could organize, nothing better to learn than racing.

Kind regards,

Emiliano

Emiliano Cordoba, Mar 26, 12 16:30
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Theory for the open sea:

price 1300 CHF (including exam fee and learning material)

Theory + practical lessons for the lake

2490 CHF

unfirtunately the websites are in German, but all the sailing clubs in Switzerland charge similar fees.

Theory for the open sea:

price 1300 CHF (including exam fee and learning material)

Theory + practical lessons for the lake

2490 CHF

unfirtunately the websites are in German, but all the sailing clubs in Switzerland charge similar fees.

yang b, Mar 26, 12 16:34
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Alexandra, 

please, post here, once you have any response ) Appreciate )

Alexandra, 

please, post here, once you have any response ) Appreciate )

Peter P, Mar 26, 12 23:03
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

Hi Alexandra, I took lessons in Italy ages ago, but a refresher is always welcome and I need to learn the jargon in English!

So thank you for posting when you find lessons in English, I's definitely be interested.

dani

Hi Alexandra, I took lessons in Italy ages ago, but a refresher is always welcome and I need to learn the jargon in English!

So thank you for posting when you find lessons in English, I's definitely be interested.

dani

Daniela B, Mar 27, 12 09:41
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

Hey all!

I just arrived in Geneva and looking for some fun things to do on the weekends. I took a sailing course last year and going for the license this summer. 

I would love to prcatice if there is a chance to go out in the lake with a group of people.

Let me know.

Thanks!

Rimma

Hey all!

I just arrived in Geneva and looking for some fun things to do on the weekends. I took a sailing course last year and going for the license this summer. 

I would love to prcatice if there is a chance to go out in the lake with a group of people.

Let me know.

Thanks!

Rimma

Rimma K, Mar 29, 12 10:03
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10

You guys should join the sailing group on glocals. Lots of good info from members and regular organized trips.

You guys should join the sailing group on glocals. Lots of good info from members and regular organized trips.

kutyafal, Mar 29, 12 10:21
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 11

Hi my name is David,

I am looking for possibility to sail in geneva from mid april

078 885 80 11

Hi my name is David,

I am looking for possibility to sail in geneva from mid april

078 885 80 11

david Neto, Mar 29, 12 11:59
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 12

hi all!

i'd be interested in sailing lessons/getting a license this summer in geneva. any pointers on who i should contact, how many lessons are required, how long it will take, etc?

cheers,

natasha

hi all!

i'd be interested in sailing lessons/getting a license this summer in geneva. any pointers on who i should contact, how many lessons are required, how long it will take, etc?

cheers,

natasha

Natasha R, Mar 29, 12 12:26
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 13

Hey Guys! Join the Sailing Club group! We have a FAQ all about sailing lessons and other info on sailing in Geneva which you can download at http://www.qfpost.com/file/d?g=2wP91aVxX . The best place to rent a boat is at http://www.lescorsaires.ch/. For the larger 6 person boat, you need a Swiss license. For the smaller 3-4 person boat, anyone can rent. It's really inexpensive - 6 of us went out today for an hour and half and it was only 15chf each. We'll be organizing our first drinks meet up soon, probably the second week of April. We will be organizing sailings and are looking for people with Swiss licenses who are willing to help with with taking groups out.

Cheers,

Greg

Hey Guys! Join the Sailing Club group! We have a FAQ all about sailing lessons and other info on sailing in Geneva which you can download at http://www.qfpost.com/file/d?g=2wP91aVxX . The best place to rent a boat is at http://www.lescorsaires.ch/. For the larger 6 person boat, you need a Swiss license. For the smaller 3-4 person boat, anyone can rent. It's really inexpensive - 6 of us went out today for an hour and half and it was only 15chf each. We'll be organizing our first drinks meet up soon, probably the second week of April. We will be organizing sailings and are looking for people with Swiss licenses who are willing to help with with taking groups out.

Cheers,

Greg

Greg P, Mar 31, 12 23:13
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 14

Also guys, keep in mind that Swiss certification isn't at the top of the pack in terms of international recognition. If you're going to be here for a while, it's a good investment, but you don't need it to rent a small sailboat. I'd consider going for an RYA course (Royal Yacht Association, which is UK certification). It's considered the best in the world by many, and you can convert it into an international certificate of recognition which should allow you to rent a boat just about anywhere. There's a great RYA school in France which I highly recommend (I did my Coastal Skipper there is Oct) http://www.brittanysail.co.uk/rya.html

Also guys, keep in mind that Swiss certification isn't at the top of the pack in terms of international recognition. If you're going to be here for a while, it's a good investment, but you don't need it to rent a small sailboat. I'd consider going for an RYA course (Royal Yacht Association, which is UK certification). It's considered the best in the world by many, and you can convert it into an international certificate of recognition which should allow you to rent a boat just about anywhere. There's a great RYA school in France which I highly recommend (I did my Coastal Skipper there is Oct) http://www.brittanysail.co.uk/rya.html

Greg P, Mar 31, 12 23:19
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 15

I have a small (2-3 person) dinghy at the YCG. More than happy to take someone out for a spin on the water if interested in dinghy sailing - usually at the club most weekends. Would need to bring your own life jacket though.

I have a small (2-3 person) dinghy at the YCG. More than happy to take someone out for a spin on the water if interested in dinghy sailing - usually at the club most weekends. Would need to bring your own life jacket though.

Ian J, Apr 2, 12 12:49
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 16

Ian, your offer sounds great. Everyone else, thanks for all the useful info. I have researched a bit and found some flexible, serious and well-priced courses in Thonon http://www.voilethonon.com/.  I am planning to start 6 weeks from now, so around mid-June. I will definitely reach out to anyone who is interesested in renting/sharing/taking crew in. Stay tuned.

Ian, your offer sounds great. Everyone else, thanks for all the useful info. I have researched a bit and found some flexible, serious and well-priced courses in Thonon http://www.voilethonon.com/.  I am planning to start 6 weeks from now, so around mid-June. I will definitely reach out to anyone who is interesested in renting/sharing/taking crew in. Stay tuned.

Celia O, Apr 8, 12 19:51
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 17

No problem. Should be at club most Saturdays, and some Sundays, from start of May onwards. Forgot to mention, YCG also runs sailing courses for adults and children. More details on the YCG web site: www.ycg.ch

No problem. Should be at club most Saturdays, and some Sundays, from start of May onwards. Forgot to mention, YCG also runs sailing courses for adults and children. More details on the YCG web site: www.ycg.ch

Ian J, Apr 8, 12 20:02
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 18

Hi all,

Many of you are looking for saling lessons in Geneva. Here is what I've sent to my students today.

I usually post on this thread: http://www.glocals.com/forums/geneva/where-how-in-geneva/Who-is-interested-in-Sailing-lessons--90416.htm

Dear sailors and friends,

I'm happy to announce that I'm now back in Geneva and will resume my sailing classes this week.

As in previous years, I will be giving several lessons per day. 

The schedule is the following, but if you wish to change the times or have a morning lesson, please let me know, I am very flexible. 

Monday through Sunday

13:30-15:30

16:00-18:00

18:30-20:30

Please visit www.genevasailing.com for further information and reservations (http://www.genevasailing.com/Schedule_%26_Booking.html)

The prices are 60.- CHF per person in a group (min 2, max 4 students) and 200.- for a private lesson. Each lesson is 2 hours.

I'm looking forward to meeting you and welcoming you on board!

Patrick

PS: I will also organize After Work evening outings, just for fun and drinks. It will be posted in Glocals activities (www.glocals.com). If you know someone who has a boat (sail or motor), please let me know so we can take more people.

Patrick Michel

22A, route de Drize

1227 Carouge

Switzerland

Mob: +41-79-615-70-30

Hi all,

Many of you are looking for saling lessons in Geneva. Here is what I've sent to my students today.

I usually post on this thread: http://www.glocals.com/forums/geneva/where-how-in-geneva/Who-is-interested-in-Sailing-lessons--90416.htm

Dear sailors and friends,

I'm happy to announce that I'm now back in Geneva and will resume my sailing classes this week.

As in previous years, I will be giving several lessons per day. 

The schedule is the following, but if you wish to change the times or have a morning lesson, please let me know, I am very flexible. 

Monday through Sunday

13:30-15:30

16:00-18:00

18:30-20:30

Please visit www.genevasailing.com for further information and reservations (http://www.genevasailing.com/Schedule_%26_Booking.html)

The prices are 60.- CHF per person in a group (min 2, max 4 students) and 200.- for a private lesson. Each lesson is 2 hours.

I'm looking forward to meeting you and welcoming you on board!

Patrick

PS: I will also organize After Work evening outings, just for fun and drinks. It will be posted in Glocals activities (www.glocals.com). If you know someone who has a boat (sail or motor), please let me know so we can take more people.

Patrick Michel

22A, route de Drize

1227 Carouge

Switzerland

Mob: +41-79-615-70-30

Patrick, Jul 2, 12 15:41
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 19

Hello,

I did my RYA competent crew course in Torrevieja, Spain with Serenity sailing http://www.serenitysailing.com/index.htm. The teacher was great. Had a good laugh while learning. The weather is normally great and sunny. There are Easyjet flights from Geneva to Alicante and a bus from airport to Torrevieja. And, I was lucky to see dolphins as well.

Now I want to do couple lesson and continue sailing to improve my skills before the day skipper course.

Hello,

I did my RYA competent crew course in Torrevieja, Spain with Serenity sailing http://www.serenitysailing.com/index.htm. The teacher was great. Had a good laugh while learning. The weather is normally great and sunny. There are Easyjet flights from Geneva to Alicante and a bus from airport to Torrevieja. And, I was lucky to see dolphins as well.

Now I want to do couple lesson and continue sailing to improve my skills before the day skipper course.

Heli R, Jul 4, 12 14:55
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 20

Hi Ian, hope you remember this old post. I took the course so now I am ready to practice, shoot me a mail if you are going out. I am flexible (weekdays and weekends) my mail is txelihome@gmail.com

Take care

Celia

Hi Ian, hope you remember this old post. I took the course so now I am ready to practice, shoot me a mail if you are going out. I am flexible (weekdays and weekends) my mail is txelihome@gmail.com

Take care

Celia

Celia O, Jul 15, 12 21:23
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 21

Hi Ceclia,

have a week off next week (beginning 23 July) so will be going sailing or windsurfing several days during the week. Will drop you an email - note that I have dinghy (Topper Vibe; see picture above my name). Great fun, but not the good chance of getting wet...

Cheers.

Ian

Hi Ceclia,

have a week off next week (beginning 23 July) so will be going sailing or windsurfing several days during the week. Will drop you an email - note that I have dinghy (Topper Vibe; see picture above my name). Great fun, but not the good chance of getting wet...

Cheers.

Ian

Ian J, Jul 16, 12 09:26
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 22

Hi Ceclia,

Cheers.

Ian

Jul 16, 12 09:26

Last sentance should be "Great fun, but good chance of getting wet..."

Last sentance should be "Great fun, but good chance of getting wet..."

Ian J, Jul 16, 12 09:33
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 23

I recently arrived from Cape Town ,saw your ad I am keen need to get life vest.

Best regards

Alan

I recently arrived from Cape Town ,saw your ad I am keen need to get life vest.

Best regards

Alan

Linda G, Jul 16, 12 09:54
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 24

Hi Alan,

there are a couple of shops in Eaux Vives, such as La Seiche (http://www.laseiche.ch/). Otherwise you can buy one from Jean-Richard Minardi at H2OSensations (based near airport; www.h2osensations.com).

Reagrds.

Ian

Hi Alan,

there are a couple of shops in Eaux Vives, such as La Seiche (http://www.laseiche.ch/). Otherwise you can buy one from Jean-Richard Minardi at H2OSensations (based near airport; www.h2osensations.com).

Reagrds.

Ian

Ian J, Jul 23, 12 12:29
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 25

There are reasonably priced life vests in Manor I noticed the other day.

There are reasonably priced life vests in Manor I noticed the other day.

royle, Jul 23, 12 13:29
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 26

Hi all,

If you are interested in Sailing Lessons in English, have a look at http://www.genevasailing.com/ and 

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Geneva-Sailing/127246234022342?fref=ts

Lessons have resumed!

Patrick

Hi all,

If you are interested in Sailing Lessons in English, have a look at http://www.genevasailing.com/ and 

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Geneva-Sailing/127246234022342?fref=ts

Lessons have resumed!

Patrick

Patrick, Jun 14, 13 11:32
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
26 Replies | 1097 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form