Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Salt mobile - beware

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Salt mobile - beware

Wanted to warn those, moving out of Switzerland, who are using Salt mobile contract. If you think, that showing them your attestation of departure document, you may cancel the subscription, then you are wrong! Typical "read the small letters, sucker" situation, Salt wants me to pay each month of my full subscription (without mobile phone included) till mid2018, despite I am leaving country soon. This information indeed in the contract, for which I subscribed over phone. Don't know, how legal is it, what this guys are doing.
PS I had no problem cancelling Swisscom home internet subscription with no extra fees, showing them attestation de depart.

The text you are quoting:

Wanted to warn those, moving out of Switzerland, who are using Salt mobile contract. If you think, that showing them your attestation of departure document, you may cancel the subscription, then you are wrong! Typical "read the small letters, sucker" situation, Salt wants me to pay each month of my full subscription (without mobile phone included) till mid2018, despite I am leaving country soon. This information indeed in the contract, for which I subscribed over phone. Don't know, how legal is it, what this guys are doing.
PS I had no problem cancelling Swisscom home internet subscription with no extra fees, showing them attestation de depart.

Anton SMar 16, 2017 @ 12:55
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

5 Replies | 3587 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Salt mobile - beware
Post 1

Good to know...! I am with SALT and will need to look at what I can do to prevent his from happening once we know we are moving onwards... 

Good to know...! I am with SALT and will need to look at what I can do to prevent his from happening once we know we are moving onwards... 

Aernout Z, Mar 17, 2017 @ 10:50
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

What do you need to show to cancel the contract? I guess you can't cancel over the phone, online or by email?

What do you need to show to cancel the contract? I guess you can't cancel over the phone, online or by email?

Justin C, Mar 17, 2017 @ 20:13
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

The first question is whether, when you subscribed, you have been provided with the general terms and conditions and agreed to have a fixed-term duration of the contract. Should have Salt provided you with the terms and conditions post-dispute, it cannot rely on the fixed-term duration.

Then, as a principle, a fixed-term subscription, where Salt is not "offering" any gsm, seems rather abusive. 

You may file a complaint with the Ombudsman of telecommunications. The conditions and procedure are detailed on www.ombudscom.ch. 

The first question is whether, when you subscribed, you have been provided with the general terms and conditions and agreed to have a fixed-term duration of the contract. Should have Salt provided you with the terms and conditions post-dispute, it cannot rely on the fixed-term duration.

Then, as a principle, a fixed-term subscription, where Salt is not "offering" any gsm, seems rather abusive. 

You may file a complaint with the Ombudsman of telecommunications. The conditions and procedure are detailed on www.ombudscom.ch. 

Mario B, Apr 6, 2017 @ 09:21
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Salt IS a terrible company. My sister's phone fell in the lake and they charged 50 CHF fora new SIM CARD.. something that costs less than a franc to make. Shameful really.

Salt IS a terrible company. My sister's phone fell in the lake and they charged 50 CHF fora new SIM CARD.. something that costs less than a franc to make. Shameful really.

Adeer Siddiqi, Jun 21, 2017 @ 02:38
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

I totally agree with you all, I have the same issues of losing my sim card and paid chf50 to have a new one. Unaware that I have renewed my contract to another 2 years without any mobile phone. When I found out that I was tied up with this contract, I called them and they told it was my business cause i have signed the contract. It was ridiculous of giving the same number service and asking us to sign another new contract for another 2 years.

I totally agree with you all, I have the same issues of losing my sim card and paid chf50 to have a new one. Unaware that I have renewed my contract to another 2 years without any mobile phone. When I found out that I was tied up with this contract, I called them and they told it was my business cause i have signed the contract. It was ridiculous of giving the same number service and asking us to sign another new contract for another 2 years.

Joanna Lim, Jun 21, 2017 @ 18:59
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
5 Replies | 3587 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form