Login or Sign Up

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
School

Hi All, 

We are moving to the Geneva region at the end of this month with our 4 year old daughter. Can I ask if anyone has had any experiences with English Schools in Geneva, particularly the Geneva English School and the British School Geneva. 

Any words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated!

thanks, Mark

The text you are quoting:

Hi All, 

We are moving to the Geneva region at the end of this month with our 4 year old daughter. Can I ask if anyone has had any experiences with English Schools in Geneva, particularly the Geneva English School and the British School Geneva. 

Any words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated!

thanks, Mark

Mark EJul 20, 11 09:48
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

1 Replies | 342 Views      |  Send to friend

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Re: School
Post 1

Hi Mark,

I don't know much about the British School but believe it is owned and operated by a larger language school company (ACS). I have never heard any feedback about it (good or bad). I  don't believe they accept children as young as 4. Their curriculum begins at the first grade level.

Geneva English School has quite a good reputation, however. It is a friendly little school on nice grounds. Parents seem quite happy with the quality of the teaching and the school atmosphere. The fees are on the upper-end though.

There are several English-language play groups and external extracurricular English school/classes which may meet the needs of your 4 year-old  and be less damaging to your wallet than enrolment in private school. For example, you may want to check out Dynamic Learning (www.dynamic-learning.ch)  or the Interactive Learning Centre (www.interactive-language.ch). In addition you may  also consider enroling her in the Swiss public school system (1/2 days are possible). This is free and she could benefit from submersion into the French language. Just my opinion. Lastly, if you truly want an English-language nursery/pre-school I suggest looking at Bell Nursery (http://www.bell-school.ch/en/General/index.php).

Good luck on the move.

Tracy

The text you are quoting:

Hi Mark,

I don't know much about the British School but believe it is owned and operated by a larger language school company (ACS). I have never heard any feedback about it (good or bad). I  don't believe they accept children as young as 4. Their curriculum begins at the first grade level.

Geneva English School has quite a good reputation, however. It is a friendly little school on nice grounds. Parents seem quite happy with the quality of the teaching and the school atmosphere. The fees are on the upper-end though.

There are several English-language play groups and external extracurricular English school/classes which may meet the needs of your 4 year-old  and be less damaging to your wallet than enrolment in private school. For example, you may want to check out Dynamic Learning (www.dynamic-learning.ch)  or the Interactive Learning Centre (www.interactive-language.ch). In addition you may  also consider enroling her in the Swiss public school system (1/2 days are possible). This is free and she could benefit from submersion into the French language. Just my opinion. Lastly, if you truly want an English-language nursery/pre-school I suggest looking at Bell Nursery (http://www.bell-school.ch/en/General/index.php).

Good luck on the move.

Tracy

Tracy M, Jul 22, 11 08:43
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin
1 Replies | 342 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form