Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Scooter for frontalier

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Scooter for frontalier

Hi everyone! 

I recently moved to Ferney-Voltaire and I work in Geneva. Seen the exciting night life in the swiss city I thought it would be a good idea to buy a scooter, but I have a few questions and maybe you can help me with them:

Does anybody know of anyone selling a second hand scooter with French plate? 

And the most important question is: I have an Italian (European) driving licence B. With my licence I can drive a scooter up to 125 in Italy but I am not sure whether this rule applies both in France and in Switzerland. I have heard that in France I am only entitled to drive a 50 but someone else said that I can't do that in Switzerland. In fact I would only "transit" in Switzerland with my scooter as I live in France, but I am a bit confused... Does anybody have good information to share? 

Thank you! 

Smile

The text you are quoting:

Hi everyone! 

I recently moved to Ferney-Voltaire and I work in Geneva. Seen the exciting night life in the swiss city I thought it would be a good idea to buy a scooter, but I have a few questions and maybe you can help me with them:

And the most important question is: I have an Italian (European) driving licence B. With my licence I can drive a scooter up to 125 in Italy but I am not sure whether this rule applies both in France and in Switzerland. I have heard that in France I am only entitled to drive a 50 but someone else said that I can't do that in Switzerland. In fact I would only "transit" in Switzerland with my scooter as I live in France, but I am a bit confused... Does anybody have good information to share? 

Thank you! 

Smile

Alessia VJun 30, 2014 @ 11:06
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

4 Replies | 1297 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Scooter for frontalier
Post 1

Hi everyone! 

Thank you! 

Smile

Jun 30, 14 11:06

Can't help you with your question regarding the driving licence B, but if you are looking in France locally, the best place would be :

Leboncoin =

Acceuil =

Rhone-Alpes =

Categories =

Motos =

Postcode 74100 [Annemasse], then you come up with :

http://www.leboncoin.fr/motos/offres/rhone_alpes/?f=a&th=1&location=74100

Buon viaggio!

Can't help you with your question regarding the driving licence B, but if you are looking in France locally, the best place would be :

Leboncoin =

Acceuil =

Rhone-Alpes =

Categories =

Motos =

Postcode 74100 [Annemasse], then you come up with :

http://www.leboncoin.fr/motos/offres/rhone_alpes/?f=a&th=1&location=74100

Buon viaggio!

sheila c, Jul 1, 2014 @ 15:40
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

just sent you a message about a scooter offer

just sent you a message about a scooter offer

Dave G, Jul 1, 2014 @ 20:18
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Hello, 

In france to drive a 125cc scooter you need to have more than 2 years of B licence, and since 2011  you need to have 8h of driving with a school (no test, just practice), they deliver you a paper, and that enough to drive. 

This paper isn't necessary if you can prove you drive a motorcycle (btw 50 and 125cc) before 2011

more information in French  ; http://vosdroits.service-public.fr/particuliers/F45.xhtml

I don't know how that work in Switzerland... but for me, you have a french scooter, french plate = french rules is ok...

Philippe

Hello, 

In france to drive a 125cc scooter you need to have more than 2 years of B licence, and since 2011  you need to have 8h of driving with a school (no test, just practice), they deliver you a paper, and that enough to drive. 

This paper isn't necessary if you can prove you drive a motorcycle (btw 50 and 125cc) before 2011

more information in French  ; http://vosdroits.service-public.fr/particuliers/F45.xhtml

I don't know how that work in Switzerland... but for me, you have a french scooter, french plate = french rules is ok...

Philippe

Philippe B, Jul 5, 2014 @ 17:49
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

The practice is very useful. You spend at least two hours at a roundabout watching people forget to use the indicator at least in Switzerland. The lessons are to teach you that drivers are not paying attention to what they're doing so assume you're invisible. 

The practice is very useful. You spend at least two hours at a roundabout watching people forget to use the indicator at least in Switzerland. The lessons are to teach you that drivers are not paying attention to what they're doing so assume you're invisible. 

Richard A, Jul 5, 2014 @ 20:20
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
4 Replies | 1297 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form