Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Seeking advice on E-books

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Seeking advice on E-books
Hi - can anyone give me a users opinion on the various E-book formats available? I travel quite a lot, and want to cut down on luggage. I read a LOT, so wanted to get a format where I can download a lot of books of all different kinds. I'm also not into gadgets at all, so something easy to use will suit me best. Anyone with any experience who could give me some advice? NB - a Kindel won't work due to the need for a US connection.

Any advice most welcome. 

Renia 
The text you are quoting:
Hi - can anyone give me a users opinion on the various E-book formats available? I travel quite a lot, and want to cut down on luggage. I read a LOT, so wanted to get a format where I can download a lot of books of all different kinds. I'm also not into gadgets at all, so something easy to use will suit me best. Anyone with any experience who could give me some advice? NB - a Kindel won't work due to the need for a US connection.

Any advice most welcome. 

Renia 
glocalinfoOct 3, 2009 @ 17:33
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

1 Replies | 634 Views      |  Send to friend

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Re: Seeking advice on E-books
Post 1
Renia,

Most mobile devices (smart phones and PDAs) have pretty good ebook readers that read most available formats. There's no consensus (so far as I know) regarding formats for files so it's good to get an open/non DRM reader that can open many formats.

I use the iphone with Stanza and I love it for reading. Stanza's a fantastic software that you can also run on the ipod touch if you're looking to get out a little cheaper. Both the iphone and iPod touch ALSO run the software version of Kindle, and many other applications made for many other formats of media (video, multimedia, comic books, etc.)

Hope that helped.

-Brett
The text you are quoting:
Renia,

Most mobile devices (smart phones and PDAs) have pretty good ebook readers that read most available formats. There's no consensus (so far as I know) regarding formats for files so it's good to get an open/non DRM reader that can open many formats.

I use the iphone with Stanza and I love it for reading. Stanza's a fantastic software that you can also run on the ipod touch if you're looking to get out a little cheaper. Both the iphone and iPod touch ALSO run the software version of Kindle, and many other applications made for many other formats of media (video, multimedia, comic books, etc.)

Hope that helped.

-Brett

BrettJackson, Oct 12, 2009 @ 17:36
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin
1 Replies | 634 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form