Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Shipping parcels from Geneva/France to UK

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Shipping parcels from Geneva/France to UK
Hi everyone,

This has been asked a few times before, but maybe someone has more recent info.

I will soon be moving to the UK and I'm looking for a relatively cheap courier company to send some parcels back ahead of time. In the opposite direction (UK -> France), there were many cheap options (less than 30 euros per 25kg parcel), but France/Geneva -> UK seems to be really expensive (60-100 euros per parcel). Is there some company I've missed which has better prices?

Thanks!

Gregory
The text you are quoting:
Hi everyone,

This has been asked a few times before, but maybe someone has more recent info.

I will soon be moving to the UK and I'm looking for a relatively cheap courier company to send some parcels back ahead of time. In the opposite direction (UK -> France), there were many cheap options (less than 30 euros per 25kg parcel), but France/Geneva -> UK seems to be really expensive (60-100 euros per parcel). Is there some company I've missed which has better prices?

Thanks!

Gregory
gm267Oct 7, 2009 @ 11:34
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

3 Replies | 1312 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Shipping parcels from Geneva/France to UK
Post 1

If you are able to have a group of several parcels/boxes/bags/cases ready to be collected and taken to the UK, you may find that 247Despatch would be a competitive option.

Ask for "Andy" - he is really friendly and helpful.  If he can't do it, he may well be able to offer advice on who can.

It's a very small outfit but well-connected and often does international stuff like relocations:  www.247despatch.co.uk

If you are able to have a group of several parcels/boxes/bags/cases ready to be collected and taken to the UK, you may find that 247Despatch would be a competitive option.

Ask for "Andy" - he is really friendly and helpful.  If he can't do it, he may well be able to offer advice on who can.

It's a very small outfit but well-connected and often does international stuff like relocations:  www.247despatch.co.uk

testsite, Oct 7, 2009 @ 12:22
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
Thanks, I'll give him a call!
Thanks, I'll give him a call!

gm267, Oct 7, 2009 @ 13:01
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
 Hi, we can assist with this, we are in Geneva this coming week (15th/16th/17th October) and have plenty of space currently available for the return to the UK, please see our website www.moveurstuff.co.uk, email us on [email protected] with specific details.  We are currently doing 2 to 3 trips per month from the UK to Switzerland and return and have many satisfied customers.  From a single item to a full relocation either way (France too).  For an instant response please call us (details on website).  We can assist with all paperwork that is relevant. 
 Hi, we can assist with this, we are in Geneva this coming week (15th/16th/17th October) and have plenty of space currently available for the return to the UK, please see our website www.moveurstuff.co.uk, email us on [email protected] with specific details.  We are currently doing 2 to 3 trips per month from the UK to Switzerland and return and have many satisfied customers.  From a single item to a full relocation either way (France too).  For an instant response please call us (details on website).  We can assist with all paperwork that is relevant. 
kevin oaten, Oct 11, 2009 @ 12:45
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
3 Replies | 1312 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form