Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Signing a contract for the new apartment

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Signing a contract for the new apartment

Hi all,

I've got confirmed for a new apartment under quite favorable conditions. The regie has sent me the payment slips, guarantee request and the form for the direct debit for the future rent payments.

However they didn't put the contract into the envelope they've sent me. They are inviting me to their office to sign the bail. Is it the normal practice now that you don't see the contract before signing?

We are going to Asloca on Monday but I wanted to check if it is a common practice or not.

The text you are quoting:

Hi all,

I've got confirmed for a new apartment under quite favorable conditions. The regie has sent me the payment slips, guarantee request and the form for the direct debit for the future rent payments.

However they didn't put the contract into the envelope they've sent me. They are inviting me to their office to sign the bail. Is it the normal practice now that you don't see the contract before signing?

We are going to Asloca on Monday but I wanted to check if it is a common practice or not.

Lida NDec 2, 2017 @ 13:28
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

3 Replies | 1233 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Signing a contract for the new apartment
Post 1

First of all congrats. Secondly I think it's quite normal practice. And it's good to go to Asloca. There are many lawyers. Best is Mr. Romain. He is available only on Monday and Thursday. He is very very talented. 

Good luck

First of all congrats. Secondly I think it's quite normal practice. And it's good to go to Asloca. There are many lawyers. Best is Mr. Romain. He is available only on Monday and Thursday. He is very very talented. 

Good luck

Sam D, Dec 2, 2017 @ 17:42
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

They should really send it to you in advance, as you will have to sit there and comb through each detail before signing.

So if they refuse to send you one, then you can just take your time checking every detail (if you dont want to rock the boat more than that - like demanding a copy)

A super nice, great deal making, flexible regie... is to be approached with caution.

asloca is a good step.

They should really send it to you in advance, as you will have to sit there and comb through each detail before signing.

So if they refuse to send you one, then you can just take your time checking every detail (if you dont want to rock the boat more than that - like demanding a copy)

A super nice, great deal making, flexible regie... is to be approached with caution.

asloca is a good step.

Farzam F, Dec 4, 2017 @ 11:58
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

To whom it may concern!

A super nice deal offer by a régie is a contradiction in terms.

To whom it may concern!

A super nice deal offer by a régie is a contradiction in terms.

Ritchie, Dec 4, 2017 @ 14:18
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
3 Replies | 1233 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form