Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Singing in a Rock Choir

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Singing in a Rock Choir

Hi Everyone,

I have been here in Geneva for 5 months and I kinda miss singing in a rock/pop choir (amateur). I experienced it during a short period and I really enjoyed it.

I was looking for such a choir here but I couldn’t find it on glocals. I am the only one with the desire to sing.

Do you know if there is already a choir group OR do you want to join the adventure and establish a rock/pop choir together ? I’m not a great singer and I’m not a conductor… I just want to meet people who have this desire to sing, strong enough to actually try to proceed.

We need singers, a conductor, a place where we can gather. Easy ;)

Looking forward to singing with you.

Lise

The text you are quoting:

Hi Everyone,

I have been here in Geneva for 5 months and I kinda miss singing in a rock/pop choir (amateur). I experienced it during a short period and I really enjoyed it.

I was looking for such a choir here but I couldn’t find it on glocals. I am the only one with the desire to sing.

Do you know if there is already a choir group OR do you want to join the adventure and establish a rock/pop choir together ? I’m not a great singer and I’m not a conductor… I just want to meet people who have this desire to sing, strong enough to actually try to proceed.

We need singers, a conductor, a place where we can gather. Easy ;)

Looking forward to singing with you.

Lise

Lise LeclercSep 16, 2016 @ 20:40
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

8 Replies | 2105 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Singing in a Rock Choir
Post 1

Hi, I'd also definitely be interested in finding / forming a group. I'm also no conductor or Adele, but I love to sing.

Hi, I'd also definitely be interested in finding / forming a group. I'm also no conductor or Adele, but I love to sing.

Emily Christie, Mar 2, 2017 @ 15:46
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Oh my gosh that sounds like so much fun!

Oh my gosh that sounds like so much fun!

no.38, Mar 3, 2017 @ 10:37
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Hello all, is the idea of creating a choir still on the table? Is there a place for a baritone wanting to do some music? Please hit me up if there is any interest : +41 779 627 501

All the best!

Hello all, is the idea of creating a choir still on the table? Is there a place for a baritone wanting to do some music? Please hit me up if there is any interest : +41 779 627 501

All the best!

Roberto Felipe Salamanca Giron, Apr 8, 2017 @ 19:52
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Hello Lise. Did you succeed in your crusade of finding people to do some music? Is there a place for a baritone motivated to sing? I am not a professional musician, but I played piano for several  years and I got some training in lyrical singin. Please hit me up if there is any interest : +41 779 627 501

All the best!

Hello Lise. Did you succeed in your crusade of finding people to do some music? Is there a place for a baritone motivated to sing? I am not a professional musician, but I played piano for several  years and I got some training in lyrical singin. Please hit me up if there is any interest : +41 779 627 501

All the best!

Roberto Felipe Salamanca Giron, Apr 8, 2017 @ 19:58
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

I'm organizing a Gospel Workshop as a one-off weekend (12-14 May 2017) pick up choir that will give a concert at the end..The conductor is from the US, lives in Florence, and is excellent at this. Open to all- if anyone would like to join in (only CHF 20 for the weekend) send me a message! (Also listed in things to do.) Cheers, Christine

I'm organizing a Gospel Workshop as a one-off weekend (12-14 May 2017) pick up choir that will give a concert at the end..The conductor is from the US, lives in Florence, and is excellent at this. Open to all- if anyone would like to join in (only CHF 20 for the weekend) send me a message! (Also listed in things to do.) Cheers, Christine

christine, Apr 17, 2017 @ 16:06
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Hi All, I finally started looking as well!

So far I found two: the UN choir (but it`s not clear if they take up people from outside of UN) and GAOS choir.

I`m ideally looking for people who really do modern voice training(I have a background in pop/rock) and not an old ladies choir so if you have any tips: shoot!

Hi All, I finally started looking as well!

So far I found two: the UN choir (but it`s not clear if they take up people from outside of UN) and GAOS choir.

I`m ideally looking for people who really do modern voice training(I have a background in pop/rock) and not an old ladies choir so if you have any tips: shoot!

Renske v, Jul 30, 2017 @ 09:51
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Hello everyone,

I am very interested in a rock choir if any of you started a group?

Masel

Hello everyone,

I am very interested in a rock choir if any of you started a group?

Masel

Mabel Richtering, Dec 2, 2017 @ 11:25
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

Hello! Anyone found a choir in Geneva yet?

Hello! Anyone found a choir in Geneva yet?

Suzanne v, Jul 18, 2018 @ 18:28
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
8 Replies | 2105 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form