Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Skiing this Weekend.

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Skiing this Weekend.

Hi all...I really want to get some skiing in this weekend but with the weather so warm, the conditions are not going to be great.  I have heard that places above 2500 meters will be ok.  Does anyone have suggestions on where to go to get 2500 or higher relatively close to Geneva (1 Hour).  Thanks.

Kat

The text you are quoting:

Hi all...I really want to get some skiing in this weekend but with the weather so warm, the conditions are not going to be great.  I have heard that places above 2500 meters will be ok.  Does anyone have suggestions on where to go to get 2500 or higher relatively close to Geneva (1 Hour).  Thanks.

Kat

Kat SJan 14, 2011 @ 13:10
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

4 Replies | 859 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Skiing this Weekend.
Post 1

The French side of the Juras are great;) I dont ski but I have some family members going there every week end! plus it is about half hour drive from geneva..I think it is called Crozet...You might find it interesting.

The French side of the Juras are great;) I dont ski but I have some family members going there every week end! plus it is about half hour drive from geneva..I think it is called Crozet...You might find it interesting.

Dzi J, Jan 14, 2011 @ 13:17
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Hi, try Chamonix as they will be high enough to have fun and its only an hour from Geneva, Flaine is also not far and you can ski to 2500 m. Problem about Crozet and Monts Jura resorts in general is that the max ski possibilities are at 1600m and most runs there are closed this weekend due to a lack of snow

Hi, try Chamonix as they will be high enough to have fun and its only an hour from Geneva, Flaine is also not far and you can ski to 2500 m. Problem about Crozet and Monts Jura resorts in general is that the max ski possibilities are at 1600m and most runs there are closed this weekend due to a lack of snow

Matthew, Jan 14, 2011 @ 14:04
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

All:

We're honored to have Matthew's reply on this thread, since Matthew is THE ski expert, and does the ski report for WRS. Thanks Matt!

If you're heading to Chamonix anytime soon, you can get a pass at 40% on our daily deals site now: www.BuyClub.ch

Enjoy,

Nir

All:

We're honored to have Matthew's reply on this thread, since Matthew is THE ski expert, and does the ski report for WRS. Thanks Matt!

If you're heading to Chamonix anytime soon, you can get a pass at 40% on our daily deals site now: www.BuyClub.ch

Enjoy,

Nir

Nir Ofek, Jan 14, 2011 @ 15:03
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

I agree that Chamonix (Argentière) is the best close to Geneva if you are a good skier. Flaine is also good if you are at a more average or beginner level. Both are about 80-90 minutes from Geneva.

I agree that Chamonix (Argentière) is the best close to Geneva if you are a good skier. Flaine is also good if you are at a more average or beginner level. Both are about 80-90 minutes from Geneva.

Per P, Jan 18, 2011 @ 19:36
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
4 Replies | 859 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form