Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Sony Ericsson XPERIA X1

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Sony Ericsson XPERIA X1
I am planning to get a new mobile  telephone soon and I am seriously considering Sony Ericsson X1...does anyone have any opinion on this model?

Thank you.

The text you are quoting:
I am planning to get a new mobile  telephone soon and I am seriously considering Sony Ericsson X1...does anyone have any opinion on this model?

Thank you.
Molula_MFeb 8, 2009 @ 19:07

Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

1 Replies | 1063 Views      |  Send to friend

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Re: Sony Ericsson XPERIA X1
Post 1
[quote]I am planning to get a new mobile telephone soon and I am seriously considering Sony Ericsson X1...does anyone have any opinion on this model?

Thank you.[/quote]

What else do you do with your phone that justifies buying a beast like the X1?

It even has fm-radio (who needs that?).

Seriously, even the die-hard Windows-only guys here at work (who *never* touch anything that doesn't run on Windows) are slowly caving in and buying iPhones.

One after the other.

Even if I didn't hate Windows (and Windows-phones in particular), I wouldn't buy one *now*, because once Windows mobile 7 comes out (well, if...), you can be sure that it will only be available on *new* phones. And the current incarnation of Win-Mobile is precisely the reason my coworkers are abandoning their Win-mobile phones ;-)

Contrast that to Apple, where the firmware-upgrades are still available to the original iPhone released in June 2007. I'm not sure how long that will continue to be the case, though.

Personally, I don't own an iPhone, but a 2004-ish Siemens SK65, which doesn't do much more than phoning and SMS - but that's really all I need, actually. Though if I would have to buy a new phone, I wouldn't lose much sleep about which one to choose, really ;-)

The text you are quoting:
[quote]I am planning to get a new mobile telephone soon and I am seriously considering Sony Ericsson X1...does anyone have any opinion on this model?

Thank you.[/quote]

What else do you do with your phone that justifies buying a beast like the X1?

It even has fm-radio (who needs that?).

Seriously, even the die-hard Windows-only guys here at work (who *never* touch anything that doesn't run on Windows) are slowly caving in and buying iPhones.

One after the other.

Even if I didn't hate Windows (and Windows-phones in particular), I wouldn't buy one *now*, because once Windows mobile 7 comes out (well, if...), you can be sure that it will only be available on *new* phones. And the current incarnation of Win-Mobile is precisely the reason my coworkers are abandoning their Win-mobile phones ;-)

Contrast that to Apple, where the firmware-upgrades are still available to the original iPhone released in June 2007. I'm not sure how long that will continue to be the case, though.

Personally, I don't own an iPhone, but a 2004-ish Siemens SK65, which doesn't do much more than phoning and SMS - but that's really all I need, actually. Though if I would have to buy a new phone, I wouldn't lose much sleep about which one to choose, really ;-)

rainer_d, Feb 8, 2009 @ 19:39
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin
1 Replies | 1063 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form