Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Starting my own business - NEED HELP!

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Starting my own business - NEED HELP!

Hi there

I am looking to start my own business in Geneva and was wondering if anyone could recommend a good English speaking accountant that they could recommend in either the Geneva or Lausanne area that I could talk to.

Or if anyone has started their own business here and could advise me I would absolutely love a mentor. I am not sure of the legalities surrounding starting a business in Switzerland but it'll just be me on my own to start with and maybe as it grows I'll start employing people.

If you know of anyone, or can yourself offer me some help I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks so much
Kate

The text you are quoting:

Hi there

I am looking to start my own business in Geneva and was wondering if anyone could recommend a good English speaking accountant that they could recommend in either the Geneva or Lausanne area that I could talk to.

Or if anyone has started their own business here and could advise me I would absolutely love a mentor. I am not sure of the legalities surrounding starting a business in Switzerland but it'll just be me on my own to start with and maybe as it grows I'll start employing people.

If you know of anyone, or can yourself offer me some help I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks so much
Kate

KateRocheApr 18, 2010 @ 14:50
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

5 Replies | 1152 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Starting my own business - NEED HELP!
Post 1

If you read French, check this

https://ge.ch/ecoguichetpmepmi/content/guide-du-cr%C3%A9ateur-dentreprise-%C3%A0-gen%C3%A8ve

If you read French, check this

https://ge.ch/ecoguichetpmepmi/content/guide-du-cr%C3%A9ateur-dentreprise-%C3%A0-gen%C3%A8ve

Bustan_A, Apr 18, 2010 @ 15:30
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Thank you. That was amazingly helpful.

Thank you. That was amazingly helpful.

KateRoche, Apr 18, 2010 @ 16:21
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Yo Kate,

I registered a company in Geneva, and will be happy to share my learnings.

Just email or call me anytime.

Nir

Yo Kate,

I registered a company in Geneva, and will be happy to share my learnings.

Just email or call me anytime.

Nir

Nir Ofek, Apr 18, 2010 @ 22:28
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Hello Kate,

I recommend you first to get free consultation in Service de la promotion économique. They speak English and can answer all questions regarding setting 
business in Geneve. Address:   Rue des Battoirs 7, case postale 740, 1211 Genève 4, Tel + 41 22 388 31 57, www.ge.ch/des , www.whygeneva.ch.  

Also there is small entrepreneurs` group in Genève, where are you can meet great people and build network of entrepreneurs. http://entrepreneur.meetup.com/1502/

Hope it will help,

Elena

Post&Smile Concierge service: www.postandsmile.com

Discover small Geneva secrets in www.postandsmileblog.com

Hello Kate,

I recommend you first to get free consultation in Service de la promotion économique. They speak English and can answer all questions regarding setting 
business in Geneve. Address:   Rue des Battoirs 7, case postale 740, 1211 Genève 4, Tel + 41 22 388 31 57, www.ge.ch/des , www.whygeneva.ch.  

Also there is small entrepreneurs` group in Genève, where are you can meet great people and build network of entrepreneurs. http://entrepreneur.meetup.com/1502/

Hope it will help,

Elena

Post&Smile Concierge service: www.postandsmile.com

Discover small Geneva secrets in www.postandsmileblog.com

Elena I, Apr 19, 2010 @ 12:40
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Thank you everyone for your kind words and advice. It is so lovely to have all this support out there and I will be in touch with you very soon.

Thank you everyone for your kind words and advice. It is so lovely to have all this support out there and I will be in touch with you very soon.

KateRoche, Apr 19, 2010 @ 13:50
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
5 Replies | 1152 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form