Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Stoke bikes

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Stoke bikes

Hi all,

Does anyone know a sports store that has a good selection of bikes of the "Stoke" brand?  Thanks.

The text you are quoting:

Hi all,

Does anyone know a sports store that has a good selection of bikes of the "Stoke" brand?  Thanks.

TheOmegaManMay 29, 12 23:56
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

5 Replies | 1091 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Stoke bikes
Post 1

Hi,

I bought my Stoke bike at Ochsner,  La Praille.

They have a good selection.

Hi,

I bought my Stoke bike at Ochsner,  La Praille.

They have a good selection.

jindalee, May 30, 12 18:52
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

The prices are Ochsner are not bad too, for Geneva. The only thing I noticed is they seem to have Ochsner special Stoke bikes which are not available on the Stoke website. For example they had a racing bike for around 1000CHF which looked pretty good but it was not the bike Stoke sell in other stores and had a slightly lower spec and was heavier.

The prices are Ochsner are not bad too, for Geneva. The only thing I noticed is they seem to have Ochsner special Stoke bikes which are not available on the Stoke website. For example they had a racing bike for around 1000CHF which looked pretty good but it was not the bike Stoke sell in other stores and had a slightly lower spec and was heavier.

David G, Jun 5, 12 11:08
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

I use wiggle.co.uk - They deduct the 20% VAT and give free Swiss delivery, then the Swiss customs add 7% and usually a token 20chf or so for a handling fee - but it still works out cheaper than any bike shop around here - I even had a new bike delivered - worked out WAY cheaper!  Also, for odd random orders of up to about 80 chf, it just comes direct without any import tax - I've saved a fortune.

I recently upgraded a complete crank and gear set to shimano hollowtech II - In Switzerland the same products ranged from 800 chf and up (way up in some cases) - I paid about 600 chf via wiggle.  I get absolutely everything delivered now... water bottles, handlebar tape... even a small pack of 5 chain links I needed... Swiss bike shops must think cyclists are stupid... the margins are simply insulting!

Anyway... hope that helps!

I use wiggle.co.uk - They deduct the 20% VAT and give free Swiss delivery, then the Swiss customs add 7% and usually a token 20chf or so for a handling fee - but it still works out cheaper than any bike shop around here - I even had a new bike delivered - worked out WAY cheaper!  Also, for odd random orders of up to about 80 chf, it just comes direct without any import tax - I've saved a fortune.

I recently upgraded a complete crank and gear set to shimano hollowtech II - In Switzerland the same products ranged from 800 chf and up (way up in some cases) - I paid about 600 chf via wiggle.  I get absolutely everything delivered now... water bottles, handlebar tape... even a small pack of 5 chain links I needed... Swiss bike shops must think cyclists are stupid... the margins are simply insulting!

Anyway... hope that helps!

Deano1uk, Jun 7, 12 11:41
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Ochsner has a 20% discount on bikes NOW in their Aubonne shop. I just got my Stoke there.

Ochsner has a 20% discount on bikes NOW in their Aubonne shop. I just got my Stoke there.

Tulio S, Jun 7, 12 13:22
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

There are some good bike shops in Geneva, Demierre in Vernier, Cycle Performance in Carouge to give a couple of examples. Prices in CH have dropped. For example CP in Carouge stock Felt and when I checked the German harddiscounters (bike24 etc) they were about the same price.

When you get stung for VAT and various other "admin" charges if using DHL or Fedex it seems better to buy local.

Oh and CP is selling Felt bikes cheaper than Wiggle's prices.

There are some good bike shops in Geneva, Demierre in Vernier, Cycle Performance in Carouge to give a couple of examples. Prices in CH have dropped. For example CP in Carouge stock Felt and when I checked the German harddiscounters (bike24 etc) they were about the same price.

When you get stung for VAT and various other "admin" charges if using DHL or Fedex it seems better to buy local.

Oh and CP is selling Felt bikes cheaper than Wiggle's prices.

David G, Jun 7, 12 13:42
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
5 Replies | 1091 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form