Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Stoppage d'art

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Stoppage d'art

Does anybody know a servige that does stoppage d'art in Geneva or surrounding areas? I've got a suit with a small hole that would need to be mended...

The text you are quoting:

Does anybody know a servige that does stoppage d'art in Geneva or surrounding areas? I've got a suit with a small hole that would need to be mended...

tarndtSep 8, 2010 @ 09:50
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

3 Replies | 1066 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Stoppage d'art
Post 1

hi,

have you ever found an atelier de stoppage in the geneva area? am looking for one myself. all those i used to know have closed down. 

thanks

hi,

have you ever found an atelier de stoppage in the geneva area? am looking for one myself. all those i used to know have closed down. 

thanks

hedy grey, Aug 6, 2017 @ 16:22
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Since there were no replies to tarndt’s request seven years ago, it would seem that the “art” is no longer practised.

However, there is a long-time established haberdashery in rue de la Madeleine and the y might know of someone.

R.

Since there were no replies to tarndt’s request seven years ago, it would seem that the “art” is no longer practised.

However, there is a long-time established haberdashery in rue de la Madeleine and the y might know of someone.

R.

Ritchie, Aug 6, 2017 @ 16:52
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Another haberdashery is “Medina” in rue de la Fleche in Eaux-Vives.

The lady is very helpful and chatty but I don’t know if she speaks English, but if you love buttons and bows and sequins satins, it’s worth a visit just to see how these shops used to be.  She’s also got a cash register that belonged to her grand-dad!

R.

Another haberdashery is “Medina” in rue de la Fleche in Eaux-Vives.

The lady is very helpful and chatty but I don’t know if she speaks English, but if you love buttons and bows and sequins satins, it’s worth a visit just to see how these shops used to be.  She’s also got a cash register that belonged to her grand-dad!

R.

Ritchie, Aug 6, 2017 @ 21:45
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
3 Replies | 1066 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form