Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Swiss Army Knife

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Swiss Army Knife

Does anyone know a good place to buy a swiss army knife in Geneva on a Sunday.  I have a friend coming to town that wants to buy one and she will be here for one day only.

Thanks in advance.

The text you are quoting:

Does anyone know a good place to buy a swiss army knife in Geneva on a Sunday.  I have a friend coming to town that wants to buy one and she will be here for one day only.

Thanks in advance.

Joshua SDec 18, 2010 @ 22:45
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

6 Replies | 4927 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Swiss Army Knife
Post 1

I would suggest the shops at the airport.

Good luck, R.

I would suggest the shops at the airport.

Good luck, R.

Ritchie, Dec 18, 2010 @ 22:52
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Yo dude I worked at the flagship store for Victorinox for an year almost. They have literally every knife you could imagine.

If you'd like a useful and a souvenir type knife that you wont really find back home. Get the official swiss soldiers knife... (the one the soldiers actually carry) - it'll cost 44 CHF.

Address is rue du Marché 2, bam smack in the middle of town. Tram stop Bel Air

Yo dude I worked at the flagship store for Victorinox for an year almost. They have literally every knife you could imagine.

If you'd like a useful and a souvenir type knife that you wont really find back home. Get the official swiss soldiers knife... (the one the soldiers actually carry) - it'll cost 44 CHF.

Address is rue du Marché 2, bam smack in the middle of town. Tram stop Bel Air

Andy H, Dec 19, 2010 @ 14:29
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

I suppose most (all?) of the knives are not allowed in cabin luggage, if travelling back by air.

I suppose most (all?) of the knives are not allowed in cabin luggage, if travelling back by air.

FerneyL, Dec 19, 2010 @ 18:22
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

If travelling by air, it’s possible to buy a knife at the airport and then pack it in a suitcase before checking-in.  I’ve also seen ads for small pocket-size knives which are said to be permitted in carry-on luggage, but I don’t know how true this is.

If travelling by air, it’s possible to buy a knife at the airport and then pack it in a suitcase before checking-in.  I’ve also seen ads for small pocket-size knives which are said to be permitted in carry-on luggage, but I don’t know how true this is.

Ritchie, Dec 19, 2010 @ 18:56
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Dec 19, 10 18:56

Its basically untrue. Having worked for Victorinox I know the details of this - All knives of ANY format are disallowed in carry on luggage.

The small ones make it sometimes because they get overlooked/ignored. I guess on an x-ray they show up as very small non-organic piece of metal - aka not the mother of all threats. When you are looking for something else, I can see how you'd miss it.

Its basically untrue. Having worked for Victorinox I know the details of this - All knives of ANY format are disallowed in carry on luggage.

The small ones make it sometimes because they get overlooked/ignored. I guess on an x-ray they show up as very small non-organic piece of metal - aka not the mother of all threats. When you are looking for something else, I can see how you'd miss it.

Andy H, Dec 19, 2010 @ 20:09
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Thanks for confirming that the ad’s claim is misleading.  I rather suspected it was.

Thanks for confirming that the ad’s claim is misleading.  I rather suspected it was.

Ritchie, Dec 19, 2010 @ 20:23
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
6 Replies | 4927 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form