Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Swiss Driving Licence

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Swiss Driving Licence

Hello,

I have moved to a French border town recently and have got a job in Geneva. There is public transport links but ultimately would love to be able to use a car. I do not possess a driving licence and wish to get one. A French one is not an option as you need to speak french.

Bearing this in mind I would like to get a Swiss one as I believe you can use a translator. Does anyone know if it is possible for me to get a Swiss licence living in France?

Thanks,

Padney

The text you are quoting:

Hello,

I have moved to a French border town recently and have got a job in Geneva. There is public transport links but ultimately would love to be able to use a car. I do not possess a driving licence and wish to get one. A French one is not an option as you need to speak french.

Bearing this in mind I would like to get a Swiss one as I believe you can use a translator. Does anyone know if it is possible for me to get a Swiss licence living in France?

Thanks,

Padney

Padney PDec 2, 2010 @ 10:55
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

1 Replies | 1741 Views      |  Send to friend

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Re: Swiss Driving Licence
Post 1

Hello,

Thanks,

Padney

Dec 2, 10 10:55

you can take lessons sure... more expensive than France  of course, but for the test you need an address in Switzerland as far as I know.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Swiss Driving Test

The Swiss driving test includes a written exam and a practical test. The theory book and road traffic book are available in English, some driving schools provide theory papers in other languages.

A person who fails their driving test more than three times will be referred to a psychologist who will determine if they are mentally fit to drive and whether they may have another attempt.

For information on driving tests: Click here (in French)
See AngloINFO INFOrmation page on Getting a Driving Licence in Geneva, Switzerland
The text you are quoting:

you can take lessons sure... more expensive than France  of course, but for the test you need an address in Switzerland as far as I know.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Swiss Driving Test

The Swiss driving test includes a written exam and a practical test. The theory book and road traffic book are available in English, some driving schools provide theory papers in other languages.

A person who fails their driving test more than three times will be referred to a psychologist who will determine if they are mentally fit to drive and whether they may have another attempt.

For information on driving tests: Click here (in French)
See AngloINFO INFOrmation page on Getting a Driving Licence in Geneva, Switzerland

Charlie, Dec 2, 2010 @ 11:19
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin
1 Replies | 1741 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form