Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > TPG zones...

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
TPG zones...

Hi all - this may be a dumb question but everyone I've talked to seems to have a different answer, so I thought I'd ask. I have a monthly 'Tout Geneve' TPH pass that I use for commuting within the city. Occasionally, though, I take trips into France (for the Carrefour or Val Thoiry). Which of the following is correct:

1) TPG 'Tout Geneve' monthly pass will allow me to ride on all TPG-run buses with no extra fare. So, for instance, I can go from Cornavin to Val Thoiry without paying extra for Zone 87. Or from the city to the Brunette stop for Carrefour...

2) I have to purchase a separate ticket if I'm crossing zones, even if it's a TPG bus. (In this case, my follow up question is...if I get on a bus that crosses zones, but I get off at a stop before the border, do I still pay extra, etc.)

I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, but thanks for any insight! :)

The text you are quoting:

Hi all - this may be a dumb question but everyone I've talked to seems to have a different answer, so I thought I'd ask. I have a monthly 'Tout Geneve' TPH pass that I use for commuting within the city. Occasionally, though, I take trips into France (for the Carrefour or Val Thoiry). Which of the following is correct:

1) TPG 'Tout Geneve' monthly pass will allow me to ride on all TPG-run buses with no extra fare. So, for instance, I can go from Cornavin to Val Thoiry without paying extra for Zone 87. Or from the city to the Brunette stop for Carrefour...

2) I have to purchase a separate ticket if I'm crossing zones, even if it's a TPG bus. (In this case, my follow up question is...if I get on a bus that crosses zones, but I get off at a stop before the border, do I still pay extra, etc.)

I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, but thanks for any insight! :)

Vi POct 24, 2010 @ 12:44
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

2 Replies | 5599 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: TPG zones...
Post 1

Hi Vi

I guess this is an easy answer. Tout Geneve comprises only region 10; if you are crossing to france, need buy the extra ticket. And if you get down before the border, no need for the extra ticket...

http://www.tpg.ch/fr/horaires-et-reseau/plans-du-reseau/reseau-tpg-zones-tarifaires-unireso.php

Cheers, Wanessa

Hi Vi

I guess this is an easy answer. Tout Geneve comprises only region 10; if you are crossing to france, need buy the extra ticket. And if you get down before the border, no need for the extra ticket...

http://www.tpg.ch/fr/horaires-et-reseau/plans-du-reseau/reseau-tpg-zones-tarifaires-unireso.php

Cheers, Wanessa

wanessa, Oct 24, 2010 @ 13:26
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Re: TPG zones...
Post 2

Hah! Amazing how I missed that page...thanks!! :)

Hah! Amazing how I missed that page...thanks!! :)

Vi P, Oct 24, 2010 @ 14:36
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
2 Replies | 5599 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form