Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Tax Refund for Expats

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Tax Refund for Expats

Hi everyone !

Does anyone have experience with tax refund for non-Swiss nationals?

I am a non-Swiss EU citizen on L permit, currently doing a 6 month internship in Geneva (will finish Dec 2017).

My monthly gross salary is CHF 2,200 with around 170 deducted for AVS insurance, unemployment insurance, maternity insurance, and pension fund.

My questions are:

1) Am I eligible?

2) If yes, what documents do I have to collect for proof?

3) Is there a calculator for this?

4) And is there like a guide explained in English? It has been so hard to research about this cuz all official websites are in French..

Your help would be much appreciated!!

Sofia.

The text you are quoting:

Hi everyone !

Does anyone have experience with tax refund for non-Swiss nationals?

I am a non-Swiss EU citizen on L permit, currently doing a 6 month internship in Geneva (will finish Dec 2017).

My monthly gross salary is CHF 2,200 with around 170 deducted for AVS insurance, unemployment insurance, maternity insurance, and pension fund.

My questions are:

1) Am I eligible?

2) If yes, what documents do I have to collect for proof?

3) Is there a calculator for this?

4) And is there like a guide explained in English? It has been so hard to research about this cuz all official websites are in French..

Your help would be much appreciated!!

Sofia.

Sofia NAug 22, 2017 @ 17:10
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

3 Replies | 1108 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Tax Refund for Expats
Post 1

hey. you will be eligable to have it back once you have finished and deregister with the canton. The insurance will write to you asking what you want to do with the money, you then transfer it to a vested benefits account with your bank and when you provide them with your attestaion of departure you can have it transferred to your current account. process takes about a month from when you finish your contract 

hey. you will be eligable to have it back once you have finished and deregister with the canton. The insurance will write to you asking what you want to do with the money, you then transfer it to a vested benefits account with your bank and when you provide them with your attestaion of departure you can have it transferred to your current account. process takes about a month from when you finish your contract 

Ayodele A, Aug 22, 2017 @ 19:41
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Hi Ayodele!

Thanks a lot for your answer!

So the insurance will automatically contact me? Is this the same as tax refund?

Sofia.

Hi Ayodele!

Thanks a lot for your answer!

So the insurance will automatically contact me? Is this the same as tax refund?

Sofia.

Sofia N, Aug 23, 2017 @ 11:49
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

hey, yes but first your HR point of contact will have to notifiy them when your contract ends, then they wil write to you. speak to your HR person at work about it, they should be able to explain further 

hey, yes but first your HR point of contact will have to notifiy them when your contract ends, then they wil write to you. speak to your HR person at work about it, they should be able to explain further 

Ayodele A, Aug 23, 2017 @ 18:45
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
3 Replies | 1108 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form