Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Tax Return in Switzerland - 2017 - B Permit - overseas property owner

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Tax Return in Switzerland - 2017 - B Permit - overseas property owner

Hello Glocals friends,

I would need to fill the self assessment here in Geneva and declare the property in the UK.

How do I establish the price of it? Is this what I initially paid for? I have looked at the Land Registry website but it does not have any record about my property 

I understand it is not compulsory to declary the propery with a B permit, but I prefer doing it and hoping to get the C one at some point

Thanks all for your answers,

Davide Bray

The text you are quoting:

Hello Glocals friends,

I would need to fill the self assessment here in Geneva and declare the property in the UK.

How do I establish the price of it? Is this what I initially paid for? I have looked at the Land Registry website but it does not have any record about my property 

I understand it is not compulsory to declary the propery with a B permit, but I prefer doing it and hoping to get the C one at some point

Thanks all for your answers,

Davide Bray

Davide BFeb 1, 2017 @ 08:45
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

4 Replies | 2522 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Tax Return in Switzerland - 2017 - B Permit - overseas property owner
Post 1

It is based on the actual sale value. You will no doubt have legal documents where this is clearly stated.

It is based on the actual sale value. You will no doubt have legal documents where this is clearly stated.

Glenys M, Feb 1, 2017 @ 16:50
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Hi Davide,

you do need to declare it on your tax return - of itself it isn't taxed in Switzerland but it is used to determine the correct level for wealth tax applied to your tax return.  As for the value of a UK property we all know that house prices in the UK vary plus the currency varies so you have quite a lot of latitude but you need to put a reasonable fair value down for it.  Imagine at some point in the future you sell the house and the proceeds go into your bank account; there will therefore be a sanity check on the value you declared at some point in the future!

Hi Davide,

you do need to declare it on your tax return - of itself it isn't taxed in Switzerland but it is used to determine the correct level for wealth tax applied to your tax return.  As for the value of a UK property we all know that house prices in the UK vary plus the currency varies so you have quite a lot of latitude but you need to put a reasonable fair value down for it.  Imagine at some point in the future you sell the house and the proceeds go into your bank account; there will therefore be a sanity check on the value you declared at some point in the future!

hucklewoo, Feb 1, 2017 @ 17:45
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Hi Davide,

I recommend seeing Jean-Aurelien Haran, "fiduciaire". I prepare my own paperwork and he just checks it, and he has very reasonable fees and decent advice: http://www.haranconseils.ch/

NB: even if you have a B permit, if you have a "fortune" over 80K CHF (your overseas house is part of your fortune) then you need to declare it: https://demain.ge.ch/impot-source/declarer-elements-fortune

Normally then they decide that you need to file a full tax declaration rather than being taxed at source.

Good luck,

Viki

Hi Davide,

I recommend seeing Jean-Aurelien Haran, "fiduciaire". I prepare my own paperwork and he just checks it, and he has very reasonable fees and decent advice: http://www.haranconseils.ch/

NB: even if you have a B permit, if you have a "fortune" over 80K CHF (your overseas house is part of your fortune) then you need to declare it: https://demain.ge.ch/impot-source/declarer-elements-fortune

Normally then they decide that you need to file a full tax declaration rather than being taxed at source.

Good luck,

Viki

Viki L, Feb 6, 2017 @ 13:13
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Have you found your answer ? 

I can help for sure