Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Tax d'habitation for UN staff

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Tax d'habitation for UN staff

Hi, 

Does anyone know whether I have to pay the tax d'habitation if I work in the UN (no taxes to the French authorities). I live in France but work in Geneva.

I've only been here for 3 months and thinking of moving to Geneva. If I move now, do I still have to pay this tax? Thank you

The text you are quoting:

Hi, 

Does anyone know whether I have to pay the tax d'habitation if I work in the UN (no taxes to the French authorities). I live in France but work in Geneva.

I've only been here for 3 months and thinking of moving to Geneva. If I move now, do I still have to pay this tax? Thank you

Jiayi HJul 8, 2017 @ 19:29
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

3 Replies | 917 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Tax d'habitation for UN staff
Post 1

Yes, it does not matter where you pay your taxes, or not for the matter, this one is compulsory.

Yes, it does not matter where you pay your taxes, or not for the matter, this one is compulsory.

hay_, Jul 9, 2017 @ 10:12
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Tax d'habitation in France depends on where you lived on 1st of January.  If you were not residing in France on that date you shouldn't have to pay.

Tax d'habitation in France depends on where you lived on 1st of January.  If you were not residing in France on that date you shouldn't have to pay.

nmcp, Jul 9, 2017 @ 12:13
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Jul 9, 17 12:13

I confirm this is correct. You won't have to pay as you were not living there as of 1st January.

I confirm this is correct. You won't have to pay as you were not living there as of 1st January.

marieh, Jul 9, 2017 @ 14:46
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
3 Replies | 917 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form