Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Temporary Health Insurance

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Temporary Health Insurance

Hi all,

I am only going to be in Geneva for another 3 months, but I am taking a yoga class which requires health insurance.

My previous provider said they can't issue me the 3-month tourist insurance because I'm a resident of France and not officially considered a tourist.

Does anyone know of an insurance package for temporary stays?

The text you are quoting:

Hi all,

I am only going to be in Geneva for another 3 months, but I am taking a yoga class which requires health insurance.

My previous provider said they can't issue me the 3-month tourist insurance because I'm a resident of France and not officially considered a tourist.

Does anyone know of an insurance package for temporary stays?

Alison MSep 18, 2014 @ 09:26
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

3 Replies | 800 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Temporary Health Insurance
Post 1

If you are insured in France, you should be able to get a European Health Insurance Card (E111).  Maybe they will accept that?

If you are insured in France, you should be able to get a European Health Insurance Card (E111).  Maybe they will accept that?

nmcp, Sep 18, 2014 @ 16:59
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

You can also do one with Allianz ( http://www.allianz-assistance.ch/content/7/fr/visa-schengen ) they do short period health insurance

You can also do one with Allianz ( http://www.allianz-assistance.ch/content/7/fr/visa-schengen ) they do short period health insurance

Mathias Hug, Sep 18, 2014 @ 17:25
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Are you really sure they mean health insurance or could they mean public liability insurance.  My understanding from my Swiss colleagues is that all Swiss need to have this in addition to health insurance, and if you sign up to some sort of class they seem to ask that you have it.

Are you really sure they mean health insurance or could they mean public liability insurance.  My understanding from my Swiss colleagues is that all Swiss need to have this in addition to health insurance, and if you sign up to some sort of class they seem to ask that you have it.

Kevin M, Sep 19, 2014 @ 21:03
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
3 Replies | 800 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form