Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Temporary Phone- Any suggestions

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Temporary Phone- Any suggestions

Hello- I have a friend coming to GVA for 6 weeks and will need to have a cell phone mainly for local calls & sms.  I am assuming that getting him a pre-paid phone would be the best option?  Any suggestions on which service would be the best choice? Many thanks!

The text you are quoting:

Hello- I have a friend coming to GVA for 6 weeks and will need to have a cell phone mainly for local calls & sms.  I am assuming that getting him a pre-paid phone would be the best option?  Any suggestions on which service would be the best choice? Many thanks!

randaFeb 1, 2011 @ 19:30
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

3 Replies | 660 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Temporary Phone- Any suggestions
Post 1

Pre paid is the only option, ID and or proof of your details. You otherwise need a permis ID to open a monthy.

Most newbies start with prepaid as youre only here a short time I would recommend looking at the post office in town for phones or one of the Orange shops and compare.

Pre paid is the only option, ID and or proof of your details. You otherwise need a permis ID to open a monthy.

Most newbies start with prepaid as youre only here a short time I would recommend looking at the post office in town for phones or one of the Orange shops and compare.

wallstbanker, Feb 1, 2011 @ 19:40
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Hi Randa,

Migros Prepaid phones. PostOffice prepaid phones. Orange has a key for CHF 3.- a day for Internet you put in the laptop.

Does your friend need accomodation - I have a studio available (furnished) to rent.

Christiane

078 658 21 54

Hi Randa,

Migros Prepaid phones. PostOffice prepaid phones. Orange has a key for CHF 3.- a day for Internet you put in the laptop.

Does your friend need accomodation - I have a studio available (furnished) to rent.

Christiane

078 658 21 54

cccmitch, Feb 1, 2011 @ 19:53
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Thanks so much for all the advice and suggestions so far!  Thanks for the accommodation offer, Christiane- but we have that covered for now! Cheers!

Thanks so much for all the advice and suggestions so far!  Thanks for the accommodation offer, Christiane- but we have that covered for now! Cheers!

randa, Feb 1, 2011 @ 19:58
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
3 Replies | 660 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form