Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Thick(er) hot chocolate in Geneva

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Thick(er) hot chocolate in Geneva

Can anyone recommend (if there is such a place) a café to have thick hot chocolate? Not necessarily Spain-level thickness, but Italian style would be perfect. 

The text you are quoting:

Can anyone recommend (if there is such a place) a café to have thick hot chocolate? Not necessarily Spain-level thickness, but Italian style would be perfect. 

Javier SNov 8, 2016 @ 11:28
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

7 Replies | 4822 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Thick(er) hot chocolate in Geneva
Post 1

Hello,

The best one for me are in Coppet, at the David Banchet's Chocolaterie.

www.chocolaterie-banchet.ch

You can buy chocolate, but also drink one at the little bar. .-)

Hello,

The best one for me are in Coppet, at the David Banchet's Chocolaterie.

www.chocolaterie-banchet.ch

You can buy chocolate, but also drink one at the little bar. .-)

Rosane B, Nov 8, 2016 @ 16:13
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

I'm a fan of hot chocolate and have tried almost all what you can find in Geneva. My favorite is definitively Arn, Place du Bourg-de-Four (you have to ask for "chocolat chaud maison"). It is REALLY exceptionnal. Martel (several adresses in Geneva) has a thick hot chocolate, if it's what you want, but not as good as Arn's.

I should try the Coppet one too, thanks for the tip, Rosane.

Best

I'm a fan of hot chocolate and have tried almost all what you can find in Geneva. My favorite is definitively Arn, Place du Bourg-de-Four (you have to ask for "chocolat chaud maison"). It is REALLY exceptionnal. Martel (several adresses in Geneva) has a thick hot chocolate, if it's what you want, but not as good as Arn's.

I should try the Coppet one too, thanks for the tip, Rosane.

Best

Bustan_A, Nov 10, 2016 @ 11:40
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

For us; the best hot chocolate in town (Geneva) is for sure @ the Hotel Kempinski.

https://www.kempinski.com/en/geneva/grand-hotel-geneva/dining/culinary-highlights/hot-chocolate/

For us; the best hot chocolate in town (Geneva) is for sure @ the Hotel Kempinski.

https://www.kempinski.com/en/geneva/grand-hotel-geneva/dining/culinary-highlights/hot-chocolate/

SWISS, Nov 10, 2016 @ 13:02
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Hi, you can try home-made hot chocolat in MARTEL tea-room (in Manor, Molard, Carouge, La Praille and airport) ... it is delicous there ^^

Hi, you can try home-made hot chocolat in MARTEL tea-room (in Manor, Molard, Carouge, La Praille and airport) ... it is delicous there ^^

Lily L, Nov 10, 2016 @ 13:17
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Just to give you more excuses to research chocolate in Geneva: If you're near the Pont du Mont-Blanc, Sweetzerland also has a lovely hot chocolate that they make in the morning. It gets thicker as the day goes on. The name of the shop made me cringe, but it's worth it. 

Just to give you more excuses to research chocolate in Geneva: If you're near the Pont du Mont-Blanc, Sweetzerland also has a lovely hot chocolate that they make in the morning. It gets thicker as the day goes on. The name of the shop made me cringe, but it's worth it. 

Yvette S, Dec 3, 2016 @ 13:59
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

And in case you ever wanted to make it at home, jst buy whole milk and excellent black chocolate, warm the first over the stove top and add 50-100gr of chocolate. Let it melt on low heat. Add some sugar or honey to taste. Optional: a pinch of cinnamon or nutmeg. Pour into a large chocolate bowl. Top with whipped cream and chocolate sprinkles. Enjoy!

And in case you ever wanted to make it at home, jst buy whole milk and excellent black chocolate, warm the first over the stove top and add 50-100gr of chocolate. Let it melt on low heat. Add some sugar or honey to taste. Optional: a pinch of cinnamon or nutmeg. Pour into a large chocolate bowl. Top with whipped cream and chocolate sprinkles. Enjoy!

hay_, Dec 3, 2016 @ 21:32
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

The Coup de Giraffe in the Eaux Vives does a rich hot chocolate. As does the churros caravan which is at Molard on a Wed & Sat and Pleinpalais market on a Sunday. 

The Coup de Giraffe in the Eaux Vives does a rich hot chocolate. As does the churros caravan which is at Molard on a Wed & Sat and Pleinpalais market on a Sunday. 

Renia C, Dec 11, 2016 @ 10:11
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
7 Replies | 4822 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form