Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > To the asshole biker that nearly crashed onto me

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
To the asshole biker that nearly crashed onto me

To the asshole biker that nearly crashed onto me on the Route du Pont Butin yesterday evening:

Perhaps you didn't realize that you were biking on the wrong side of the road.

Please learn the traffic rules before using your bycicle again.

If you don't give a damn for your life, at least care for the little baby that you were carrying on the child rear seat and that I suppose being your son.

On behalf of all other road users, thank you.

The text you are quoting:

To the asshole biker that nearly crashed onto me on the Route du Pont Butin yesterday evening:

Perhaps you didn't realize that you were biking on the wrong side of the road.

Please learn the traffic rules before using your bycicle again.

If you don't give a damn for your life, at least care for the little baby that you were carrying on the child rear seat and that I suppose being your son.

On behalf of all other road users, thank you.

TheOmegaManSep 28, 2014 @ 20:48
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

12 Replies | 1529 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: To the asshole biker that nearly crashed onto me
Post 1

I sympathize with you Omegaman....I see this all too often myself...and with children involved. When will these idiots learn....perhaps when their kids are lying prone on the road perhaps...

I sympathize with you Omegaman....I see this all too often myself...and with children involved. When will these idiots learn....perhaps when their kids are lying prone on the road perhaps...

Jeffery S, Sep 28, 2014 @ 21:32
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

hey theomegaman, was the cyclist on the road or the cyclepath? as far as i remember, there is a barrier between them? on the other hand, i think pedestrians any cyclists are on the same path.

I can't imagine why anybody would choose to cycle on the road there... especially with a child!

hey theomegaman, was the cyclist on the road or the cyclepath? as far as i remember, there is a barrier between them? on the other hand, i think pedestrians any cyclists are on the same path.

I can't imagine why anybody would choose to cycle on the road there... especially with a child!

Jimbo, Oct 1, 2014 @ 09:44
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

pedestriand AND cyclists i meant to say.

pedestriand AND cyclists i meant to say.

Jimbo, Oct 1, 2014 @ 09:48
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

HA!

PEDESTRIANS and cyclists I meant to say.

HA!

PEDESTRIANS and cyclists I meant to say.

Jimbo, Oct 1, 2014 @ 09:49
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

He was on the cycle lane (or perhaps on the pedestrian lane) but on the wrong direction; the bike lane running in his direction was on the opposite side of the bridge.  Due to how the side road that intersects with Route du Pont Butin is made, he was completely invisible to people entering the Route (such as me). 

He was on the cycle lane (or perhaps on the pedestrian lane) but on the wrong direction; the bike lane running in his direction was on the opposite side of the bridge.  Due to how the side road that intersects with Route du Pont Butin is made, he was completely invisible to people entering the Route (such as me). 

TheOmegaMan, Oct 1, 2014 @ 20:36
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

In the Eaux-Vives at lunch-time today I was on the pedestrian crossing that connects rue des Vollandes and rue Montchoisy but before I could reach the other side of Vollandes a girl cyclist whizzed in front of me.  I managed to keep my balance though.

I then dared to venture from one side of Montchoisy to the other, again on a pedestrian crossing, only to have a male cyclist brush past my nose.

My fault, of course, because they were coming from my right and obviously had priority.

grrh …….

In the Eaux-Vives at lunch-time today I was on the pedestrian crossing that connects rue des Vollandes and rue Montchoisy but before I could reach the other side of Vollandes a girl cyclist whizzed in front of me.  I managed to keep my balance though.

I then dared to venture from one side of Montchoisy to the other, again on a pedestrian crossing, only to have a male cyclist brush past my nose.

My fault, of course, because they were coming from my right and obviously had priority.

grrh …….

Ritchie, Oct 1, 2014 @ 21:18
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Tsssss.. Road rage much, what, you lot ?? Not good for the blood pressure, it isn't. Have some anger management sessions with my good friend Leila, I reckon' :  http://www.angermanagement.ch/3394.html

Tsssss.. Road rage much, what, you lot ?? Not good for the blood pressure, it isn't. Have some anger management sessions with my good friend Leila, I reckon' :  http://www.angermanagement.ch/3394.html

Eva D, Oct 2, 2014 @ 15:00
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

Omega,

Are you driving a bike or motorbike?

And were you using the bike lane?

-----

Dispite this, the Biker with the child should definitly be more cautionary and not use the wrong direction, but if was in bike lane and your a motorbike, your 100% in the wrong by swiss law Mr. Omega. But anyone that risks there child due to prinipals is a noob.

Omega,

Are you driving a bike or motorbike?

And were you using the bike lane?

-----

Dispite this, the Biker with the child should definitly be more cautionary and not use the wrong direction, but if was in bike lane and your a motorbike, your 100% in the wrong by swiss law Mr. Omega. But anyone that risks there child due to prinipals is a noob.

Dave G, Oct 2, 2014 @ 19:46
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

The bigger problem is Geneva traffic and the respect of the rules.

And motorbikes abuse often the traffic rules.

Bikes feel they have untimate rights and feel they are invincible due to the rule,s but that is just stupid.

And the car drivers are not tollerant and 'in my oppinion' suck at driving from what I seen.

further there is alot of road rage, anger, and disrespect on the roads.

I think many driving licences (motorcar, motorbike, electric assisted, etc shoudl be taken away from 20% of the traffic users for a year.

The bigger problem is Geneva traffic and the respect of the rules.

And motorbikes abuse often the traffic rules.

Bikes feel they have untimate rights and feel they are invincible due to the rule,s but that is just stupid.

And the car drivers are not tollerant and 'in my oppinion' suck at driving from what I seen.

further there is alot of road rage, anger, and disrespect on the roads.

I think many driving licences (motorcar, motorbike, electric assisted, etc shoudl be taken away from 20% of the traffic users for a year.

Dave G, Oct 2, 2014 @ 19:49
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10

People riding motorcycles are the ones that really piss me off!  Like Dave said, they ride their bikes feeling like they own the roads, and they pass cars on the left side thinking that there's some kind of invisible lane just for them in the middle of a two way road.  Then there are those morons who pass you on the right side, assuming that everyone driving a car / truck can see them.  These things are like pesky flies really, and they drive their motorcycles / scooters thinking they can do anything they want just because they don't have 4 wheels.  I thought driving lessons where expensive because they actually learn how to drive by the end of the course!  Maybe this doesn't apply to motorcycles.  I hope their insurance rates go sky high because of this. Smile

People riding motorcycles are the ones that really piss me off!  Like Dave said, they ride their bikes feeling like they own the roads, and they pass cars on the left side thinking that there's some kind of invisible lane just for them in the middle of a two way road.  Then there are those morons who pass you on the right side, assuming that everyone driving a car / truck can see them.  These things are like pesky flies really, and they drive their motorcycles / scooters thinking they can do anything they want just because they don't have 4 wheels.  I thought driving lessons where expensive because they actually learn how to drive by the end of the course!  Maybe this doesn't apply to motorcycles.  I hope their insurance rates go sky high because of this. Smile

Jean-Jacques B, Oct 2, 2014 @ 20:50
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 11

Oct 2, 14 20:50

agree, agree,agree,agree..............if they want to ride on the incorrect side of the road then good luck to them. I for one would have zero sympathy should they get collected by a bloody great truck or 4x4..

agree, agree,agree,agree..............if they want to ride on the incorrect side of the road then good luck to them. I for one would have zero sympathy should they get collected by a bloody great truck or 4x4..

Jeffery S, Oct 2, 2014 @ 22:16
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 12

DaveG,

I was driving a car on the small road behind the Cemetery of St Georges, and turning right to enter the Route du Pont Butin.  Stopped to give right of way from cars coming from the left, when the kamikaze biker almost hit me coming from the right at high speed.

Jean-Jacques: yeah, that's another infamous public road enemy.  Once I was driving my car and I stopped at a red light.  A biker was overtaking the long line of cars by passing between the lanes (illegal).  Since he didn't have enough room to sneak in he felt entitled to close my left-view mirror to pass!  Incredible.

DaveG,

I was driving a car on the small road behind the Cemetery of St Georges, and turning right to enter the Route du Pont Butin.  Stopped to give right of way from cars coming from the left, when the kamikaze biker almost hit me coming from the right at high speed.

Jean-Jacques: yeah, that's another infamous public road enemy.  Once I was driving my car and I stopped at a red light.  A biker was overtaking the long line of cars by passing between the lanes (illegal).  Since he didn't have enough room to sneak in he felt entitled to close my left-view mirror to pass!  Incredible.

TheOmegaMan, Oct 3, 2014 @ 13:15
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
12 Replies | 1529 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form