Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Two people owning one car - is it possible in Switzerland?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Two people owning one car - is it possible in Switzerland?

Hi all,

Does anyone by any chance know if dual car ownership is allowed in Switzerland? I am bying a car and it has to be on my name as I have a discount from my employer which is not transferrable. And we need my husband's name to be mentioned in the car documents to avoid any difficulties if we drive this car in our home country.

Is it by any chnace possible? Thank you in advance for any recommendations on this matter.

The text you are quoting:

Hi all,

Does anyone by any chance know if dual car ownership is allowed in Switzerland? I am bying a car and it has to be on my name as I have a discount from my employer which is not transferrable. And we need my husband's name to be mentioned in the car documents to avoid any difficulties if we drive this car in our home country.

Is it by any chnace possible? Thank you in advance for any recommendations on this matter.

Lida NAug 17, 2016 @ 12:35
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

5 Replies | 784 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Two people owning one car - is it possible in Switzerland?
Post 1

Hi, 

No its not possible as i know, i went last year to the automobile office and asked about if me and my friend can share one car and they said no we  cannot

Hi, 

No its not possible as i know, i went last year to the automobile office and asked about if me and my friend can share one car and they said no we  cannot

Raed A, Aug 17, 2016 @ 15:22
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Hi all,

Aug 17, 16 12:35

If you buy a car with a non-transferable discount in your name, you will be considered to be the sole owner.

If you buy a car with a non-transferable discount in your name, you will be considered to be the sole owner.

Ritchie, Aug 17, 2016 @ 15:50
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Maybe you should go and make a statement in front of a public notary in Ukraine giving the power for your husband to drive the car in Ukraine. I am sure that that is working even in Ukraine.

Besides you should also organize the insurance to cover your husband as a regular driver.

Maybe you should go and make a statement in front of a public notary in Ukraine giving the power for your husband to drive the car in Ukraine. I am sure that that is working even in Ukraine.

Besides you should also organize the insurance to cover your husband as a regular driver.

Reka Y, Aug 17, 2016 @ 17:28
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Thank you for the responses. I without the notary statement it is not possible to enter on someone's car to Ukraine at all. And with this statement you can come only for 5 days.

What are the fees for selling/buying a car here? If I buy it and then resell to my husband?

Thank you for the responses. I without the notary statement it is not possible to enter on someone's car to Ukraine at all. And with this statement you can come only for 5 days.

What are the fees for selling/buying a car here? If I buy it and then resell to my husband?

Lida N, Aug 17, 2016 @ 20:50
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Aug 17, 16 20:50

On the question of selling the car to your husband (or to anyone else) , I think you should first check the conditions attached to its purchase by you at a discounted price offered by your employer.

On the question of selling the car to your husband (or to anyone else) , I think you should first check the conditions attached to its purchase by you at a discounted price offered by your employer.

Ritchie, Aug 17, 2016 @ 21:52
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
5 Replies | 784 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form