Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Ukrainian community in Geneva - where to look? Ukrainian folk art

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Ukrainian community in Geneva - where to look? Ukrainian folk art

Hi all,

I am looking for someone who does traditional ukrainian embroidery, or who knows someone who still does do this.

It will be for a ethnographic art project I will do as part of my final university exams. As a bit of background, my mother was born in Ukraine, and was variously displaced by WWII and Prague Spring. I have very little to connect me to her parents and family - but I do have an ancient rushnyk, made by my grandmother, when she was a young woman.

Can anyone suggest local contacts or networks? I would like to avoid 'invisible' and 'anonymous' internet connections.

Many thanks!

The text you are quoting:

Hi all,

I am looking for someone who does traditional ukrainian embroidery, or who knows someone who still does do this.

It will be for a ethnographic art project I will do as part of my final university exams. As a bit of background, my mother was born in Ukraine, and was variously displaced by WWII and Prague Spring. I have very little to connect me to her parents and family - but I do have an ancient rushnyk, made by my grandmother, when she was a young woman.

Can anyone suggest local contacts or networks? I would like to avoid 'invisible' and 'anonymous' internet connections.

Many thanks!

bearded09Jul 26, 2015 @ 16:29
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

5 Replies | 725 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Ukrainian community in Geneva - where to look? Ukrainian folk art
Post 1

Hi all,

Many thanks!

Jul 26, 15 16:29

I forgot - I will have some ability to compensate for any eventual work undertaken. I'm not looking to exploit anyone.

I forgot - I will have some ability to compensate for any eventual work undertaken. I'm not looking to exploit anyone.

bearded09, Jul 26, 2015 @ 16:32
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

There’s a glocals Ukrainians Group which you’ll find by clicking the “Groups” button,  They might be able to help.

Best wishes,

Ritchie

There’s a glocals Ukrainians Group which you’ll find by clicking the “Groups” button,  They might be able to help.

Best wishes,

Ritchie

Ritchie, Jul 26, 2015 @ 20:16
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Dearest Ritchie! (Or should I call you, 'The Oracle'?)

Thanks for this. I did a search for Ukrainian and Ukraine, but I didn't think to search in 'Groups'

Cheers.

Thanks for this. I did a search for Ukrainian and Ukraine, but I didn't think to search in 'Groups'

Cheers.

bearded09, Jul 26, 2015 @ 22:02
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Cheers.

Jul 26, 15 22:02

Update: It's in Cyrillic @_@ but I will post my request in English and hope for the best.

Update: It's in Cyrillic @_@ but I will post my request in English and hope for the best.

bearded09, Jul 26, 2015 @ 22:03
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Jul 26, 15 22:03

I think the profile of the Group’s Founder is in English, so try sending a p.m. there.

R.

I think the profile of the Group’s Founder is in English, so try sending a p.m. there.

R.

Ritchie, Jul 27, 2015 @ 00:04
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
5 Replies | 725 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form