Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Upgrade to Windows Office 2010: Who can help?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Upgrade to Windows Office 2010: Who can help?

Hello

I work for a small and mid-sized company about to change our client PCs. On our current old machines we use Microsoft Office 2003 and want to upgrade on the latest version Windows 2010. I have several questions:

1) I think it is possible to skip Win2007 and move straight from '03 to '10, right?
2) Is it true that you cannot buy an upgrade, but need to buy a new package?
3) Are there Multi-licence packages available for SMC? How many licences do you need to purchase: 3?, 5? More?
4) Does anybody know where the best (cheapest) place is to buy/order Office pro 2010?
5) is there something else to think about?

Thank you very much !

Olivier

The text you are quoting:

Hello

I work for a small and mid-sized company about to change our client PCs. On our current old machines we use Microsoft Office 2003 and want to upgrade on the latest version Windows 2010. I have several questions:

1) I think it is possible to skip Win2007 and move straight from '03 to '10, right?
2) Is it true that you cannot buy an upgrade, but need to buy a new package?
3) Are there Multi-licence packages available for SMC? How many licences do you need to purchase: 3?, 5? More?
4) Does anybody know where the best (cheapest) place is to buy/order Office pro 2010?
5) is there something else to think about?

Thank you very much !

Olivier

oleutkeDec 2, 2010 @ 10:51
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

4 Replies | 748 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Upgrade to Windows Office 2010: Who can help?
Post 1

May be find out if the specific language version you need is offered here.  A friend of mine mistakenly got the french version, however, she  only speaks English... ...

May be find out if the specific language version you need is offered here.  A friend of mine mistakenly got the french version, however, she  only speaks English... ...

Translator, Dec 2, 2010 @ 10:57
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Thanks Translator, good thinking! French is what is currently installed, but I prefer English... will have to discuss this with my colleagues as well
You don't know what your friend bought? Maybe we could swap?

Thanks Translator, good thinking! French is what is currently installed, but I prefer English... will have to discuss this with my colleagues as well

oleutke, Dec 2, 2010 @ 11:04
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

the microsoft site can answer your questions... plus you can maybe download direct from there, as I understand.... equally it will inform you as to how many licenses you will need to buy.

The alternative also is to buy the disks online from a UK or US retailer and ship them... that way you ensure English language operating systems. The license you register online anyway as far as I know.

If you have dell computers you can also buy the OS upgrade from dell i would imagine.

if all else fails ask the Glocals member "Zonker" to help... he's our local "go to guy" for this kind of stuff.

the microsoft site can answer your questions... plus you can maybe download direct from there, as I understand.... equally it will inform you as to how many licenses you will need to buy.

The alternative also is to buy the disks online from a UK or US retailer and ship them... that way you ensure English language operating systems. The license you register online anyway as far as I know.

If you have dell computers you can also buy the OS upgrade from dell i would imagine.

if all else fails ask the Glocals member "Zonker" to help... he's our local "go to guy" for this kind of stuff.

Charlie, Dec 2, 2010 @ 11:09
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Dec 2, 10 11:04

Well, she has a Mac, but I remember looking into the issue for her, thinking that she just had to change the default language to English, but, alas, it couldn't be done....

Well, she has a Mac, but I remember looking into the issue for her, thinking that she just had to change the default language to English, but, alas, it couldn't be done....

Translator, Dec 2, 2010 @ 11:21
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
4 Replies | 748 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form