Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > WANTED: Best Samosas in town

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
WANTED: Best Samosas in town

Hi,

A few weeks ago, Tandoor Express opened in Ferney, and their veg. samosas were THE BEST I'VE EVER EATEN. The outer part was thicker, more doughy - not like spring roll pastry. The filling was the perfect blend of potatoes and other veg and just the right amount of spice. LOVED THEM!

But, it seems managemant changed and now..... not so good.

But, now I'm craving veg. samosas, so I'm wondering if the good folk of Glocals have recommendations for the best samosas in town. I've been to several Indian restaurants in Geneva, but recently only Junoon and Rajpoute (both in Ornex, France). But the samosas at other restaurants I've tried wowed me like these.

Any suggestions, kind people?

The text you are quoting:

Hi,

A few weeks ago, Tandoor Express opened in Ferney, and their veg. samosas were THE BEST I'VE EVER EATEN. The outer part was thicker, more doughy - not like spring roll pastry. The filling was the perfect blend of potatoes and other veg and just the right amount of spice. LOVED THEM!

But, it seems managemant changed and now..... not so good.

But, now I'm craving veg. samosas, so I'm wondering if the good folk of Glocals have recommendations for the best samosas in town. I've been to several Indian restaurants in Geneva, but recently only Junoon and Rajpoute (both in Ornex, France). But the samosas at other restaurants I've tried wowed me like these.

Any suggestions, kind people?

ZonkerJul 14, 2018 @ 23:09
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

4 Replies | 1196 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: WANTED: Best Samosas in town
Post 1

Hi

How many do you want i Can make you some.let me know

Hi

How many do you want i Can make you some.let me know

Honey o, Jul 16, 2018 @ 09:02
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Hi Honey!

Wow, that's a very kind offer, and I'd love to take you up on that, but I'm looking for a place where I can go on a regular basis to get 3-4 samosas. I just *love* them and would eat them probably daily if I could find a good source.

If I ever need a few dozen, i'll be sure to find you and ask you.

But, maybe I could come to yours and help you with your computer / TV or build some furniture in exchange for a few samosas? ;)

David
Computer Problems? I can help.
+41.79.783.09.90
[email protected]

Hi Honey!

Wow, that's a very kind offer, and I'd love to take you up on that, but I'm looking for a place where I can go on a regular basis to get 3-4 samosas. I just *love* them and would eat them probably daily if I could find a good source.

If I ever need a few dozen, i'll be sure to find you and ask you.

But, maybe I could come to yours and help you with your computer / TV or build some furniture in exchange for a few samosas? ;)

David
Computer Problems? I can help.
+41.79.783.09.90
[email protected]
Zonker, Jul 16, 2018 @ 11:30
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

http://www.madhuramarche.com/

I had some veggie samosa there, good store IMO

http://www.madhuramarche.com/

I had some veggie samosa there, good store IMO

Boris V, Jul 17, 2018 @ 15:15
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Hey Zonker,

Try Monsoon on rue de Lausanne 65. You have to get there early though (like 10am) as they sell out very quick so don't be disappointed if you don't get them on the first visit.

Another one I really like is Best Fried Chicken, 35 rue de Genève, AMBILLY, France but the CEVA roadworks that have truned our roads into samosas (or falafels), it's a pain in the arse to get to...

Enjoy!

Arun

Hey Zonker,

Try Monsoon on rue de Lausanne 65. You have to get there early though (like 10am) as they sell out very quick so don't be disappointed if you don't get them on the first visit.

Another one I really like is Best Fried Chicken, 35 rue de Genève, AMBILLY, France but the CEVA roadworks that have truned our roads into samosas (or falafels), it's a pain in the arse to get to...

Enjoy!

Arun

Arun K V, Jul 18, 2018 @ 11:41
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
4 Replies | 1196 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form