Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Washer/Dryer

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Washer/Dryer
I know they are notorious for being crap, but I would like to know if anyone has any suggestions for brands of washer/dryers.  As in the ones that are a washer then you flip something about and it turns into a dryer.  Have limited space and there has to be a decent brand out there.  I just don't want to get something and have it not work properly. Any suggestions would be very welcome!!! 
The text you are quoting:
I know they are notorious for being crap, but I would like to know if anyone has any suggestions for brands of washer/dryers.  As in the ones that are a washer then you flip something about and it turns into a dryer.  Have limited space and there has to be a decent brand out there.  I just don't want to get something and have it not work properly. Any suggestions would be very welcome!!! 
megs22Sep 15, 2009 @ 01:50
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

3 Replies | 1075 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Washer/Dryer
Post 1
 I have an AEG one box that I bought when I lived in Holland.  I've had it for 8 years now and it's still going strong.  The one drawback, I find, is that it being a condenser dryer, I can only dry cotton (sheets and towels) in it as it gets so, so hot.  Yes, I have melted things in my dryer before.  But I can't imagine living without it. 
Also, the one box washer/dryers, being condenser dryers, don't need special venting for the dryer.  Mine just sits in the bathroom and is connected by one pipe to the cold water (it heats the water in the washer) and one pipe to drain out and a plug for the electricity. 
I have an AEG service guy who comes out in the evening if I need him (only had him come once when I thought I broke it, turns out it was just a fuse in the plug that had blown).  I <3 my AEG washer/dryer.
Good luck!
 I have an AEG one box that I bought when I lived in Holland.  I've had it for 8 years now and it's still going strong.  The one drawback, I find, is that it being a condenser dryer, I can only dry cotton (sheets and towels) in it as it gets so, so hot.  Yes, I have melted things in my dryer before.  But I can't imagine living without it. 
Also, the one box washer/dryers, being condenser dryers, don't need special venting for the dryer.  Mine just sits in the bathroom and is connected by one pipe to the cold water (it heats the water in the washer) and one pipe to drain out and a plug for the electricity. 
I have an AEG service guy who comes out in the evening if I need him (only had him come once when I thought I broke it, turns out it was just a fuse in the plug that had blown).  I <3 my AEG washer/dryer.
Good luck!

misskate, Sep 16, 2009 @ 14:34
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
 just remember that you can only dry half the washer limit. i.e, 5 kg wash load should only dry 2.5 kg dry load. however, if you throw in a 2.5 kg load in the morning when you leave the house, you'll come home to a washed and dryed load.....so very practical, can do that 2-3 times a week :-)
do you also know where to buy the machine that does the ironing :-)
 just remember that you can only dry half the washer limit. i.e, 5 kg wash load should only dry 2.5 kg dry load. however, if you throw in a 2.5 kg load in the morning when you leave the house, you'll come home to a washed and dryed load.....so very practical, can do that 2-3 times a week :-)
do you also know where to buy the machine that does the ironing :-)

epicure, Sep 16, 2009 @ 15:11
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
 hiI have one from mediamarkt, some 1500, brandt. has been working without probs for 2 years. they deliver and install for the money!good lucka
 hiI have one from mediamarkt, some 1500, brandt. has been working without probs for 2 years. they deliver and install for the money!good lucka
and70, Sep 19, 2009 @ 00:08
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
3 Replies | 1075 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form