Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > What is the Regie supposed to do anyway??

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
What is the Regie supposed to do anyway??
Firstly, I just want to say that I cannot believe how much of a waste of space our Regie is, and the kind of nasty, anti-social people they employ to be the "contact people". Dear God!
Others have expressed here that the less dealings with a Regie you have, the better. I agree. Recently though I tried repeatedly to contact them about the noisy neighbour above (I know, I know) to find out what they could do about the astoundingly bad parquet, lack of insulation, and enforcement of noise rules (sounds like a herd of elephants upstairs, particularly around 2am). I already talked to the neighbour twice, who whined in a very passive-aggressive manner that she couldn't imagine what was going on. Well, the ultimate result was a letter to the neighbour accusing her of all manner of fictitious behaviours.
I don't know what I am exactly asking here, maybe just send vodka shots!
Thanks
The text you are quoting:
Firstly, I just want to say that I cannot believe how much of a waste of space our Regie is, and the kind of nasty, anti-social people they employ to be the "contact people". Dear God!
Others have expressed here that the less dealings with a Regie you have, the better. I agree. Recently though I tried repeatedly to contact them about the noisy neighbour above (I know, I know) to find out what they could do about the astoundingly bad parquet, lack of insulation, and enforcement of noise rules (sounds like a herd of elephants upstairs, particularly around 2am). I already talked to the neighbour twice, who whined in a very passive-aggressive manner that she couldn't imagine what was going on. Well, the ultimate result was a letter to the neighbour accusing her of all manner of fictitious behaviours.
I don't know what I am exactly asking here, maybe just send vodka shots!
Thanks
bearded09Sep 8, 2009 @ 14:30
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

11 Replies | 1657 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: What is the Regie supposed to do anyway??
Post 1
Thanks!  :)
My problem with calling the police is that it is not like a party - it is just ongoing un-neighbourly noise, particularly at night, right about our bedroom. I can call the cops about this??
(I just came from NYC where if you called the noise police, the noise had to persist for over an hour, include gunshots and death threats, broken bottles....)
Ahhh...vodka!

Thanks!  :)
My problem with calling the police is that it is not like a party - it is just ongoing un-neighbourly noise, particularly at night, right about our bedroom. I can call the cops about this??
(I just came from NYC where if you called the noise police, the noise had to persist for over an hour, include gunshots and death threats, broken bottles....)
Ahhh...vodka!

bearded09, Sep 16, 2009 @ 12:16
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
 Regies exist to take your money, then not give you back your security deposit when you leave.  This is their functional existence.

You might try here http://www.asloca.ch/  they represent tenants.  Regies do not like them.  Thus they are good.

Regies exist to take your money, then not give you back your security deposit when you leave.  This is their functional existence.

You might try here http://www.asloca.ch/  they represent tenants.  Regies do not like them.  Thus they are good.

floydmarks, Sep 16, 2009 @ 13:16
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
 I had a feeling that Regies were bottomfeeders - thanks for clarifying, lol! Also thanks for the link! Have you had any experience with them? So far I like their characteristics - we have something in common (that is, my Regie does not like me)
Thanks again!

I had a feeling that Regies were bottomfeeders - thanks for clarifying, lol! Also thanks for the link! Have you had any experience with them? So far I like their characteristics - we have something in common (that is, my Regie does not like me)
Thanks again!

bjack, Sep 16, 2009 @ 13:22
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4
 ASLOCA will only help if you are a member. To become a member costs about 90 francs.

Not a lot if they can help you. But a waste of 90 francs if they just turn around and give you
a few other phone numbers which in turn become dead ends.
 ASLOCA will only help if you are a member. To become a member costs about 90 francs.

Not a lot if they can help you. But a waste of 90 francs if they just turn around and give you
a few other phone numbers which in turn become dead ends.

niceguy, Sep 16, 2009 @ 13:48
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5
 as you already have spoken with the noisy neighbours, the next time this happens after 10pm, just call the police. this is the kind of thing they do well....intimidation :-)

the police will go to their door, not say that it was you who complained, but rather that they have had complaint call.
 as you already have spoken with the noisy neighbours, the next time this happens after 10pm, just call the police. this is the kind of thing they do well....intimidation :-)

the police will go to their door, not say that it was you who complained, but rather that they have had complaint call.

epicure, Sep 16, 2009 @ 15:03
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6
ASLOCA costs 65 fr. a year.   I have found them to be very useful but it was not for a noise problem....    You could call them to ask whether they can help in such cases before going there.
ASLOCA costs 65 fr. a year.   I have found them to be very useful but it was not for a noise problem....    You could call them to ask whether they can help in such cases before going there.
mozambique, Sep 16, 2009 @ 15:37
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7
 It's 86 francs. You can check that at 022 716 1800

niceguy, Sep 16, 2009 @ 17:04
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

niceguy, Sep 16, 2009 @ 17:04
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9
 Thanks everyone!
 Thanks everyone!
bearded09, Sep 17, 2009 @ 12:33
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10
ALSOCA is very helpful. First year 65CHF plus 20CHF and the following years 65CHF - just
became a member. If you decide to go, go at least 30 minutes before the indicated walk in
hours. Take your lease with you and have them look at it. And you can ask them anything. I
found them professional and helpful. Request an English speaking lawyer, if it is easier for you
to communicate. (www.asloca.ch/?q=node/57)I understand that they do not help
with noisy neighbors - we have the same problems, regie will not help you either in this - it is
true, all they do is take your money! Police - yes they will come and they will suggest you to
move out... 
ALSOCA is very helpful. First year 65CHF plus 20CHF and the following years 65CHF - just
became a member. If you decide to go, go at least 30 minutes before the indicated walk in
hours. Take your lease with you and have them look at it. And you can ask them anything. I
found them professional and helpful. Request an English speaking lawyer, if it is easier for you
to communicate. (www.asloca.ch/?q=node/57)I understand that they do not help
with noisy neighbors - we have the same problems, regie will not help you either in this - it is
true, all they do is take your money! Police - yes they will come and they will suggest you to
move out... 
lemiukas, Sep 17, 2009 @ 16:08
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
11 Replies | 1657 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form