Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Where can I find bitter almonds in Geneva?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Where can I find bitter almonds in Geneva?
 Does anyone happen to know if there is a place in Geneva that sells bitter almonds? I need it in order to make a Swedish cheesecake (ostkaka). Just tried to make one without that half bitter almond, and it just doesn't taste like ostkaka...

Thanks,
Charlotta
The text you are quoting:
 Does anyone happen to know if there is a place in Geneva that sells bitter almonds? I need it in order to make a Swedish cheesecake (ostkaka). Just tried to make one without that half bitter almond, and it just doesn't taste like ostkaka...

Thanks,
Charlotta

charlottaAug 17, 2009 @ 18:38
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

2 Replies | 797 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Where can I find bitter almonds in Geneva?
Post 1
 bio almonds from Migros (only in big Migros shops) are quite bitter, some more than
others, you could try these. otherwise maybe at the world spice shop which is behind Eglise de
St Gervais.
 bio almonds from Migros (only in big Migros shops) are quite bitter, some more than
others, you could try these. otherwise maybe at the world spice shop which is behind Eglise de
St Gervais.
Pernette, Aug 18, 2009 @ 11:30
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Re: Where can I find bitter almonds in Geneva?
Post 2
 Hi Alice! Thanks for your reply. I'm afraid the Migros almonds are not quite what I'm looking for. Bitter almonds and sweet almonds are two different kinds. The bitter ones are actually poisonous to consume other than in extremely small quantities (like 1/2-1 grated almond in a whole cake) and have a very strong and bitter flavour that normal almonds don't have.

Anyway, I'll try the world spice shop (wasn't aware of it)! Thanks for letting me know about it.

Charlotta
 Hi Alice! Thanks for your reply. I'm afraid the Migros almonds are not quite what I'm looking for. Bitter almonds and sweet almonds are two different kinds. The bitter ones are actually poisonous to consume other than in extremely small quantities (like 1/2-1 grated almond in a whole cake) and have a very strong and bitter flavour that normal almonds don't have.

Anyway, I'll try the world spice shop (wasn't aware of it)! Thanks for letting me know about it.

Charlotta

charlotta, Aug 18, 2009 @ 17:22
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
2 Replies | 797 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form