Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Where's the Cycling Scene in Geneva?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Where's the Cycling Scene in Geneva?

Hello!  I'm new to the Geneva area and am trying to find some people to ride with.  None of the cycling groups on Glocals have posted an event for quite a while and even the "Bike Switzerland" group ride calendar seems out of date.  I found a VTT / MTB facebook for Geneva but they've yet to approve my member request and from the looks of their calendar, they don't seem too active either.

So where's the cycling scene?  I ride a broad spectrum of disciplines... DH/Enduro/XC/Road.  I've stumbled through the Juras on my XC and road bikes and have also ridden lower Saleve.  I'm going at it solo right now but would enjoy some company to show me the MTB (VTT) trails on Saleve and perhaps a group road ride.  

Any other cyclist out there?

The text you are quoting:

Hello!  I'm new to the Geneva area and am trying to find some people to ride with.  None of the cycling groups on Glocals have posted an event for quite a while and even the "Bike Switzerland" group ride calendar seems out of date.  I found a VTT / MTB facebook for Geneva but they've yet to approve my member request and from the looks of their calendar, they don't seem too active either.

So where's the cycling scene?  I ride a broad spectrum of disciplines... DH/Enduro/XC/Road.  I've stumbled through the Juras on my XC and road bikes and have also ridden lower Saleve.  I'm going at it solo right now but would enjoy some company to show me the MTB (VTT) trails on Saleve and perhaps a group road ride.  

Any other cyclist out there?

Chad WJul 21, 2016 @ 22:56
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

6 Replies | 1376 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Where's the Cycling Scene in Geneva?
Post 1

Hello! I am new to town and a keen MTB cyclist. Not sure on trails on Saleve, but Trailforks app suggests one DH Trail (http://www.trailforks.com/trails/saleve-la-dh/)

I do not have a car, but would be very keen to explore the variety of local hills - Have ridden at Samoens a few times so far, steep and fun! 

Best,

J

Hello! I am new to town and a keen MTB cyclist. Not sure on trails on Saleve, but Trailforks app suggests one DH Trail (http://www.trailforks.com/trails/saleve-la-dh/)

I do not have a car, but would be very keen to explore the variety of local hills - Have ridden at Samoens a few times so far, steep and fun! 

Best,

J

J M, Jul 29, 2016 @ 15:43
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Hi, 

If you want to join me tomorrow, I'm going to Pont de Filling and going to ride to Boege along the river, if you have a mountain bike I can pick you up in Gva somewhere, I can take 2 bikes behind my car. I'm planing to be in there at 9am.

Let me know, Hugues

Hi, 

If you want to join me tomorrow, I'm going to Pont de Filling and going to ride to Boege along the river, if you have a mountain bike I can pick you up in Gva somewhere, I can take 2 bikes behind my car. I'm planing to be in there at 9am.

Let me know, Hugues

Hugues Salle, Jul 29, 2016 @ 16:28
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Best,

J

Jul 29, 16 15:43

Hey there.  I've been exploring Petite Saleve as well as Saleve lately.  I was finally able to ride with a Swiss guy who showed me trails on Saleve that would be impossible for a new guy like me to find.  Lots of hidden gems and I had the GPS running the entire time.

There are lots of steep, technical trails on Saleve, but also some trails that have a bit more "flow" to them.  The trails on Petit Saleve are a little more chill, but still fun.  You're less worried about going over the edge there.  I've been taking the telepherique up to Saleve but just climb Petite Saleve.

I'm going on a road ride tomorrow, but let me know if you want to get on some MTB Sunday or Monday.  

Hey there.  I've been exploring Petite Saleve as well as Saleve lately.  I was finally able to ride with a Swiss guy who showed me trails on Saleve that would be impossible for a new guy like me to find.  Lots of hidden gems and I had the GPS running the entire time.

There are lots of steep, technical trails on Saleve, but also some trails that have a bit more "flow" to them.  The trails on Petit Saleve are a little more chill, but still fun.  You're less worried about going over the edge there.  I've been taking the telepherique up to Saleve but just climb Petite Saleve.

I'm going on a road ride tomorrow, but let me know if you want to get on some MTB Sunday or Monday.  

Chad W, Jul 29, 2016 @ 18:07
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Hi,

I would be interested in joining for a Petit Salève trip. I am free this weekend.

Cheers,

Alex

Hi,

I would be interested in joining for a Petit Salève trip. I am free this weekend.

Cheers,

Alex

Alex B, Jul 30, 2016 @ 11:11
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Hi Chad,

Sounds like you have been doing some productive exploration!! I would be very happy to join for a session tomorrow, but have to sort some gear issues first (hoping to fix my dropper post this afternoon). 

What time would you be thinking of going? I will be off to La Thuile monday.

Hugues, thanks for your kind offer - Hope you had a great ride! 

Best,

J

Hi Chad,

Sounds like you have been doing some productive exploration!! I would be very happy to join for a session tomorrow, but have to sort some gear issues first (hoping to fix my dropper post this afternoon). 

What time would you be thinking of going? I will be off to La Thuile monday.

Hugues, thanks for your kind offer - Hope you had a great ride! 

Best,

J

J M, Jul 30, 2016 @ 14:40
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Hey Guys-  I did 105k today with the guys from the Bike Switzerland shop and had a great time.  It was a little over 1,400m of climbing so my legs are a a bit smoked.

I think I'll take tomorrow off but am up for riding Petite Saleve Monday morning.  Anyone want to join?

In the interest of full disclosure, I don't exactly know a smooth, gentle way up Petite Saleve so there will most certainly be an element of exploring and adventure.  If you're okay with that, then it's always a great ride.

Hey Guys-  I did 105k today with the guys from the Bike Switzerland shop and had a great time.  It was a little over 1,400m of climbing so my legs are a a bit smoked.

I think I'll take tomorrow off but am up for riding Petite Saleve Monday morning.  Anyone want to join?

In the interest of full disclosure, I don't exactly know a smooth, gentle way up Petite Saleve so there will most certainly be an element of exploring and adventure.  If you're okay with that, then it's always a great ride.

Chad W, Jul 30, 2016 @ 18:04
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
6 Replies | 1376 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form