Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Where to buy a tap connector in Geneva?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Where to buy a tap connector in Geneva?

I need a tap connector to connect the pipe of the washing machine to the tap of the basin. 

By any chance, anyone know where I could buy it in Geneva?

And how does this "tap connector" called in French?

Thank you very much!

The text you are quoting:

I need a tap connector to connect the pipe of the washing machine to the tap of the basin. 

By any chance, anyone know where I could buy it in Geneva?

And how does this "tap connector" called in French?

Thank you very much!

Chen PNov 3, 2017 @ 17:54
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

11 Replies | 1320 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Where to buy a tap connector in Geneva?
Post 1

Hornbach in Aubonne will have everything you need

Hornbach in Aubonne will have everything you need

itisrich, Nov 3, 2017 @ 20:08
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Thank you for the info. I will try Hornbach then. 

Thank you for the info. I will try Hornbach then. 

Chen P, Nov 4, 2017 @ 21:14
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

You probably don't need to all the way to Hornbach (which is at Etoy, not Aubonne)

Probably you can try at Jumbo in Meyrin, or any "quincaillerie". Also any of the many bricolage shops in France.

The notion of "tap connector" is very vague, difficult to give its French name, unless you specify more.

You probably don't need to all the way to Hornbach (which is at Etoy, not Aubonne)

Probably you can try at Jumbo in Meyrin, or any "quincaillerie". Also any of the many bricolage shops in France.

The notion of "tap connector" is very vague, difficult to give its French name, unless you specify more.

tawb, Nov 5, 2017 @ 16:49
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Ok, thank you very much! indeed Geneva is way much easier :) I will have a look in Jumbo. 

Ok, thank you very much! indeed Geneva is way much easier :) I will have a look in Jumbo. 

Chen P, Nov 5, 2017 @ 20:08
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Nov 5, 17 16:49

Hornbach is by far the more likely to have what you need as it is based on professional needs where as the more expensive jumbo has only limited items but of course it's worth trying something closer.

yes it is technically in Etoy but Aubonne being the larger commune next door with Ikea seemed a better better point of reference

Hornbach is by far the more likely to have what you need as it is based on professional needs where as the more expensive jumbo has only limited items but of course it's worth trying something closer.

yes it is technically in Etoy but Aubonne being the larger commune next door with Ikea seemed a better better point of reference
itisrich, Nov 6, 2017 @ 09:21

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

To follow on from Tawb's suggestion, if you wish to look in Geneva first before going out to Hornbachs, the Quincaillerie de Lgnon is very good, as are the Baud ones in Geneva and have a good selection of goods, knowledgeable staff.

There are several Baud shops which are in different parts of Geneva  (use search engine to find details) and except for the Edmond Baud in Chêne-Bourg are the same chain of shops.

To follow on from Tawb's suggestion, if you wish to look in Geneva first before going out to Hornbachs, the Quincaillerie de Lgnon is very good, as are the Baud ones in Geneva and have a good selection of goods, knowledgeable staff.

There are several Baud shops which are in different parts of Geneva  (use search engine to find details) and except for the Edmond Baud in Chêne-Bourg are the same chain of shops.

TogJay, Nov 6, 2017 @ 11:10
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

I recently needed to connect my new dishwasher to the water connection.  Went to the Migros DoIT store in La Praille.  They have knowledgeable staff and some may even speak English (not always). Not expensive either.  Just thought I would give you another option.

I recently needed to connect my new dishwasher to the water connection.  Went to the Migros DoIT store in La Praille.  They have knowledgeable staff and some may even speak English (not always). Not expensive either.  Just thought I would give you another option.

JustChilling, Nov 7, 2017 @ 18:17
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

Thank you very much ladies and gentalmen for your help about the information! Happy that I now have plenty options! will try from the nearest one and keep you guys posted. :) thank you again! 

Thank you very much ladies and gentalmen for your help about the information! Happy that I now have plenty options! will try from the nearest one and keep you guys posted. :) thank you again! 

Chen P, Nov 8, 2017 @ 09:40
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

Mission completed :) Lucky to find the connector in Jumbo :)

Mission completed :) Lucky to find the connector in Jumbo :)

Chen P, Nov 11, 2017 @ 20:34
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10

Is your régie OK with that?

I know that, for liability reasons in case of flooding, they prefer when it's done by a professional...

Is your régie OK with that?

I know that, for liability reasons in case of flooding, they prefer when it's done by a professional...

Lexa K, Nov 13, 2017 @ 17:04
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 11

Yeah, thank you for the reminding. Already checked with Regie. I don't need to rework any of the tubes of the basins, so I don't need profressional plumbers to do that. and hope the housing isurance could cover if the flooding happens... 

Yeah, thank you for the reminding. Already checked with Regie. I don't need to rework any of the tubes of the basins, so I don't need profressional plumbers to do that. and hope the housing isurance could cover if the flooding happens... 

Chen P, Nov 14, 2017 @ 10:07
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
11 Replies | 1320 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form