Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Where to go for a men's haircut?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Where to go for a men's haircut?

I have been putting off my first haircut in Geneva for way too long.... Can anyone recommend a place where they speak English and where it is not too expensive? Thank you!

The text you are quoting:

I have been putting off my first haircut in Geneva for way too long.... Can anyone recommend a place where they speak English and where it is not too expensive? Thank you!

Tim MillarJan 22, 2010 @ 13:46
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

21 Replies | 18517 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Where to go for a men's haircut?
Post 1

well...no replies so i will answer my own question!

my hair was getting way shaggy so i wandered in randomly to mod's hair near gare cornavin.

they did not speak English and it was not cheap (62 CHF w/ shampoo) but i got a great haircut.

luckily "comme ca, mais plus court" was enough in the way of instruction :)

hopefully this helps someone!

well...no replies so i will answer my own question!

my hair was getting way shaggy so i wandered in randomly to mod's hair near gare cornavin.

they did not speak English and it was not cheap (62 CHF w/ shampoo) but i got a great haircut.

luckily "comme ca, mais plus court" was enough in the way of instruction :)

hopefully this helps someone!

Tim Millar, Jan 27, 2010 @ 20:22
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

I would recommend Les Fous des Ciseaux.

Jessica is great and very professional. They do afterworks on Thursday.

http://www.lesfousdesciseaux.ch/

32 Rue de Lausanne
1201 Genève
Tél.022 731 1967
Mobile : 078 718 07 65

I would recommend Les Fous des Ciseaux.

Jessica is great and very professional. They do afterworks on Thursday.

http://www.lesfousdesciseaux.ch/

32 Rue de Lausanne
1201 Genève
Tél.022 731 1967
Mobile : 078 718 07 65

fredle, Jan 27, 2010 @ 23:17
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

62 is honestly a lot, you should usually pay from 25 (local small hairdresser) to 45-55, except if you really feel you need to go in one of these places with a big name.

62 is honestly a lot, you should usually pay from 25 (local small hairdresser) to 45-55, except if you really feel you need to go in one of these places with a big name.

RemyS, Jan 28, 2010 @ 08:58
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Hey ........have just joined this site and saw ur question...........................I go to the hairdressers in the train station t the airport...............cut and shampoo 54CHF......they speak english (a bit but enough) and are good .................maybe next time u can try there

Hey ........have just joined this site and saw ur question...........................I go to the hairdressers in the train station t the airport...............cut and shampoo 54CHF......they speak english (a bit but enough) and are good .................maybe next time u can try there

Rob Milligan, Jan 31, 2010 @ 11:52
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

There is a Turkish barbershop on the 14/15/16 line, one stop towards the river after the Gare (Close to the Mike Wong's).  For 30 CHF they do a decent, though simple job.  One guy speaks English, but they don't mind if you don't speak a word of French. It's called "Tolga" I think.

I also refuse to spend more than 35 CHF on a haircut.

There is a Turkish barbershop on the 14/15/16 line, one stop towards the river after the Gare (Close to the Mike Wong's).  For 30 CHF they do a decent, though simple job.  One guy speaks English, but they don't mind if you don't speak a word of French. It's called "Tolga" I think.

JMfromTO, Jan 31, 2010 @ 13:14
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

I got a shampoo and a pretty decent cut at Globus (of all places?) for 45CHF a month, or so back.

I got a shampoo and a pretty decent cut at Globus (of all places?) for 45CHF a month, or so back.

intlrep1, Jan 31, 2010 @ 14:35
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

i dont know but I went to one and she sucked, my head looked so weird and I could tell my sides were off!!

she then charged me 40 CHF, never went there again

then I went to a fantastic hairstylist but she charged me 45 CHF

I am a simple guy, I like to have my hair short, I like military style haircut like the ones you can get in a normal barbershop by one of those arabic guys!

I dont need one of those cute picasso abstract pussy cool chic euro looking hairstyles some guys around here sport!!

so I have yet to find a good barbershop

oddly enough some of these hairstylist don't know how to cut your hair short and in a manly way heheeheh they can get you any haircut but ask them to cut your hair short and they suck at it!

i dont know but I went to one and she sucked, my head looked so weird and I could tell my sides were off!!

she then charged me 40 CHF, never went there again

then I went to a fantastic hairstylist but she charged me 45 CHF

I am a simple guy, I like to have my hair short, I like military style haircut like the ones you can get in a normal barbershop by one of those arabic guys!

I dont need one of those cute picasso abstract pussy cool chic euro looking hairstyles some guys around here sport!!

so I have yet to find a good barbershop

oddly enough some of these hairstylist don't know how to cut your hair short and in a manly way heheeheh they can get you any haircut but ask them to cut your hair short and they suck at it!

andy o, Oct 16, 2010 @ 02:57
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

Jan 31, 10 13:14

ah thanks dude, I think I'll check that place out!

ah thanks dude, I think I'll check that place out!

andy o, Oct 16, 2010 @ 03:04
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

I do not know why I am here to read these threads? Ha, I know why, because I cut my husband's hair for 1.5 years now. He has been to a hairdresser only before the wedding:) He likes to have a simple short hair, and everytime he is very happy. We are staying in Geneva for 3 months for my Intership. 

If you are also simple person, wants a simple cut, then contact me, I can come with him with a razor to help you. You can treat us a nice coffee or dinner, would be great. We like to make more friends and have fun during this time. 

It sounds weird? I just want to help out if you feel it is too expensive to cut:) 

Good luck!

Cheers.

I do not know why I am here to read these threads? Ha, I know why, because I cut my husband's hair for 1.5 years now. He has been to a hairdresser only before the wedding:) He likes to have a simple short hair, and everytime he is very happy. We are staying in Geneva for 3 months for my Intership. 

If you are also simple person, wants a simple cut, then contact me, I can come with him with a razor to help you. You can treat us a nice coffee or dinner, would be great. We like to make more friends and have fun during this time. 

It sounds weird? I just want to help out if you feel it is too expensive to cut:) 

Good luck!

Cheers.

rina b, Oct 19, 2010 @ 13:28
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10

Theres a portugese mens barber behind the Hotel Des Bergues in Rue Cendrier...45-

Alternatively go across to Ferney or to Divonne... Haircuts there with wash shampoo , head massage by some busty french birds, and a haircut... 19 to 25 Euro....

Bargain !

Theres a portugese mens barber behind the Hotel Des Bergues in Rue Cendrier...45-

Alternatively go across to Ferney or to Divonne... Haircuts there with wash shampoo , head massage by some busty french birds, and a haircut... 19 to 25 Euro....

Bargain !

Charlie, Oct 19, 2010 @ 14:58
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 11

I'd seen this thread before so thought I'd add today's experience... decided I need a serious haircut and came across a place in Plainpalais while off exploring. 

CHF35 which included the shampoo / head massage AND massage chair while they're washing your hair (I even got a second go as she washed it after the cut again to 'get rid of the bits...'), hehe.

Anyway, it was done by 'Lili' at Nabila Coiffure which is 68 Bd Carl Vogt / 022 320 65 66. 

I'd seen this thread before so thought I'd add today's experience... decided I need a serious haircut and came across a place in Plainpalais while off exploring. 

CHF35 which included the shampoo / head massage AND massage chair while they're washing your hair (I even got a second go as she washed it after the cut again to 'get rid of the bits...'), hehe.

Anyway, it was done by 'Lili' at Nabila Coiffure which is 68 Bd Carl Vogt / 022 320 65 66. 

James d, Feb 5, 2011 @ 20:46
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 12

> I like military style haircut

You can get one at B2E hairdresser, Chemin du Bois Candide, in Ferney-Voltaire (just in front of the Centre Leclerc).  +33 4 50404343 and ask about Sébastien.

> I like military style haircut

You can get one at B2E hairdresser, Chemin du Bois Candide, in Ferney-Voltaire (just in front of the Centre Leclerc).  +33 4 50404343 and ask about Sébastien.

TheOmegaMan, Feb 5, 2011 @ 21:11
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 13

I'd be very careful of any place that Charlie or JMfromTO recommended. I've seen them both, and trust me: their hair is not exactly a walking advertisment for a good hair dresser. Esepcially Charlie. But also JM.

I'd be very careful of any place that Charlie or JMfromTO recommended. I've seen them both, and trust me: their hair is not exactly a walking advertisment for a good hair dresser. Esepcially Charlie. But also JM.

Nir Ofek, Feb 6, 2011 @ 01:35
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 14

Nir, may I ask what exactly have you been doing in a hairdressing place?
You didn't come to get your ponytail done, so I can only assume you came for the hairdressing guy...

You didn't come to get your ponytail done, so I can only assume you came for the hairdressing guy...

Yaron Ofek, Feb 6, 2011 @ 20:11
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 15

What if you live in St Julien (France) and want to find a local hair dresser/ barber there? Anyone knows of a suitable one? And how much can I expect to pay there?

What if you live in St Julien (France) and want to find a local hair dresser/ barber there? Anyone knows of a suitable one? And how much can I expect to pay there?

Andrew I, Feb 6, 2011 @ 21:12
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 16

Feb 6, 11 20:11

... lol

... lol

Andrew I, Feb 6, 2011 @ 21:14
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 17

Well since I arrived in Switzerland I started to let my hair grow longer (much more than in my current picture) and during these past 3 years no hairdresser was able to convince me to cut short until last week. I was a bit skeptical to try it but I don't regret it at all, best haircut I've had in years!!!

I definitely recommend the "le 23eme lieu" in Les Eaux Vives (Rue 31 Decembre, 48) it only costs CHF 50 for men and the owner speaks English and is always there to make sure you're taken care of. If you say I recommended you, they might give you a discount :-) My name is Giancarlo, give them a try!

Cheers. 

Well since I arrived in Switzerland I started to let my hair grow longer (much more than in my current picture) and during these past 3 years no hairdresser was able to convince me to cut short until last week. I was a bit skeptical to try it but I don't regret it at all, best haircut I've had in years!!!

I definitely recommend the "le 23eme lieu" in Les Eaux Vives (Rue 31 Decembre, 48) it only costs CHF 50 for men and the owner speaks English and is always there to make sure you're taken care of. If you say I recommended you, they might give you a discount :-) My name is Giancarlo, give them a try!

Cheers. 

giankee, Feb 7, 2011 @ 00:13
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 18

There's a place that charges 25CHF on Rue de Fribourg two block from Cornavin.  I think it's number 10, couple of shops up from Hotel at Home.  Very friendly Kurdish guy. Tolerates my French and definitely speaks enough English to communicate how you want your haircut. He also opens until at least 7pm weekdays.

There's a place that charges 25CHF on Rue de Fribourg two block from Cornavin.  I think it's number 10, couple of shops up from Hotel at Home.  Very friendly Kurdish guy. Tolerates my French and definitely speaks enough English to communicate how you want your haircut. He also opens until at least 7pm weekdays.

Ash H, Feb 7, 2011 @ 09:55
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 19

In les avanchets, there is a hairdresser who does men's hair for 32chf. However, it's a woman's hairdresser, so typically, I said "long here" and "short here", and she responded by going short all over. So maybe don't go there.

In les avanchets, there is a hairdresser who does men's hair for 32chf. However, it's a woman's hairdresser, so typically, I said "long here" and "short here", and she responded by going short all over. So maybe don't go there.

Sam Brassington, Sep 2, 2013 @ 12:58
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 20

Or you can go to the Ecole Supérieure de Coiffure and have a student cut your hair for only 18.50.  They're a bit slow and always require their teacher's approval (and sometimes corrections) but generally do a good job for a simple men's haircut at a price you cannot beat.

See http://www.ecolesuperieuredecoiffure.com/ for locations-hours

Or you can go to the Ecole Supérieure de Coiffure and have a student cut your hair for only 18.50.  They're a bit slow and always require their teacher's approval (and sometimes corrections) but generally do a good job for a simple men's haircut at a price you cannot beat.

See http://www.ecolesuperieuredecoiffure.com/ for locations-hours

broadreach f, Sep 2, 2013 @ 15:10
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 21

Where not to go is definitely the coiffeur at Carrefour in Ferney-Voltaire. Not very clean nor polite, the girl cut my hair in less than 5 minutes in a fashion quite different from the model I showed her.  

Where not to go is definitely the coiffeur at Carrefour in Ferney-Voltaire. Not very clean nor polite, the girl cut my hair in less than 5 minutes in a fashion quite different from the model I showed her.  

Enico I, Jul 27, 2014 @ 12:14
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
21 Replies | 18517 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form