Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Where we can find live music in Geneva and Lausanne?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Where we can find live music in Geneva and Lausanne?

Pub or bar not so much expensive??
Does anyone know??
Like with group playing rock pop music?

The text you are quoting:

Pub or bar not so much expensive??
Does anyone know??
Like with group playing rock pop music?

Daniela LAug 15, 2009 @ 15:36
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

11 Replies | 2566 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Where we can find live music in Geneva and Lausanne?
Post 1
Tell me what you find out here, because i LOVE live music.

Tell me what you find out here, because i LOVE live music.

Zonker, Aug 15, 2009 @ 15:43
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
 Hello Daniela,

There are several interesting places and groups in Geneve.

If you like rock, you should take a look at what the Mr. Pickwicks, Brittania Pub or Undertown have to offer. All have webpages (google for it, please) and display the forthcoming events, even though in summertime the pages might not be up-to-date. If you like hard-rock and metal, check out what the Uzine has to offer as well.

The best rock groups that I have seen playing in Geneve were Gora and Patchwork. If I have to pick one for pop(/funk/disco) I would definitelly chose Time/Machine. These are all cover groups.

It is also quite nice to pass by the Mulligan's, close to the train station, at Thursdays to listen to the always good-humoured Crazy Canadians,

If you find more info on yourown,please be so kind as to share it.

Cheers,

P.
 Hello Daniela,

There are several interesting places and groups in Geneve.

If you like rock, you should take a look at what the Mr. Pickwicks, Brittania Pub or Undertown have to offer. All have webpages (google for it, please) and display the forthcoming events, even though in summertime the pages might not be up-to-date. If you like hard-rock and metal, check out what the Uzine has to offer as well.

The best rock groups that I have seen playing in Geneve were Gora and Patchwork. If I have to pick one for pop(/funk/disco) I would definitelly chose Time/Machine. These are all cover groups.

It is also quite nice to pass by the Mulligan's, close to the train station, at Thursdays to listen to the always good-humoured Crazy Canadians,

If you find more info on yourown,please be so kind as to share it.

Cheers,

P.

pedrofig, Aug 15, 2009 @ 16:27
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
Cheers
Daniela
Cheers
Daniela
Daniela L, Aug 15, 2009 @ 18:28
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4
 L'usine is the best place for live music as far as I know (http://www.usine.ch/). L'ecurie in Rue de Montbrillant  above the train station is also a good, and a lot more intimate, place for watching live bands.

In the summer, La Barje underneath pont de Coulouvrenière is also a good place for live music (http://www.spottedbylocals.com/geneva/area/plainpalais/bars-plainpalais/la-barje), and a nice and relaxed place to just hang about by the water with a drink in your hand.

If you want to know what's going on from day to day in terms of gigs etc, you should check out la decadance: http://www.darksite.ch/ladecadanse/index.php .
 L'usine is the best place for live music as far as I know (http://www.usine.ch/). L'ecurie in Rue de Montbrillant  above the train station is also a good, and a lot more intimate, place for watching live bands.

In the summer, La Barje underneath pont de Coulouvrenière is also a good place for live music (http://www.spottedbylocals.com/geneva/area/plainpalais/bars-plainpalais/la-barje), and a nice and relaxed place to just hang about by the water with a drink in your hand.

If you want to know what's going on from day to day in terms of gigs etc, you should check out la decadance: http://www.darksite.ch/ladecadanse/index.php .

charlotta, Aug 15, 2009 @ 20:01
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5
 adjacent to baby plage there are live dj's playing electronic, reggae music, etc
Wed/Fri/Sat/Sun nights. A gem of a night if the weather is on our side. Cold drinks are
available on site.
Enjoy while it lasts as it is expected to close by
the end of the month.

adjacent to baby plage there are live dj's playing electronic, reggae music, etc
Wed/Fri/Sat/Sun nights. A gem of a night if the weather is on our side. Cold drinks are
available on site.
Enjoy while it lasts as it is expected to close by
the end of the month.

Cwilliam, Aug 15, 2009 @ 21:04
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6
 Tomorrow night Vic Pitts and his sons are doing a free concert at The Parc LaGrange as of 8.30.  Funk Soul RnB.  Some of you may have seen him a few weeks ago at Charlies.
 Tomorrow night Vic Pitts and his sons are doing a free concert at The Parc LaGrange as of 8.30.  Funk Soul RnB.  Some of you may have seen him a few weeks ago at Charlies.
patsycat, Aug 18, 2009 @ 12:36
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7
 and Chat Noir in Carouge....+ so many festivals everywhere.
Check it out in Parc Lagrange tomorrow and 21st August + Brasserie de l'ile ....etc

Enjoy !
 and Chat Noir in Carouge....+ so many festivals everywhere.
Check it out in Parc Lagrange tomorrow and 21st August + Brasserie de l'ile ....etc

Enjoy !
vir4070, Aug 19, 2009 @ 01:02
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8
 Today there's something!!
and for free
:D
http://www.glocals.com/things-to-
do/events_view/geneva/22568.htm
Cheers,

Bruno
 Today there's something!!
and for free
:D
http://www.glocals.com/things-to-
do/events_view/geneva/22568.htm
Cheers,

Bruno
Bpoeta Net, Aug 19, 2009 @ 10:05
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9
Chat Noir in carouge (www.chatnoir.ch). They're responsible for the program of Parc
Lagrange
Gab's Lounge & AMR in paquis - For jazz mood color="#008000" face="arial, sans-serif">Le Box in
Carouge
style="font-size: small;">Le Chorus in Lausanne color="#008000" face="arial, sans-serif">Mr pickwick in
GVA
style="font-size: small;">

Chat Noir in carouge (www.chatnoir.ch). They're responsible for the program of Parc
Lagrange
Gab's Lounge & AMR in paquis - For jazz mood color="#008000" face="arial, sans-serif">Le Box in
Carouge
style="font-size: small;">Le Chorus in Lausanne color="#008000" face="arial, sans-serif">Mr pickwick in
GVA
style="font-size: small;">

narcisse, Aug 19, 2009 @ 10:11
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10
 hey there
There's no doubt that "The Canettes" are the best band in Geneva, and Pickwicks are only able to book them a few times a year as they are all professionals.
They usually play around autumn, so if you're around then you should definetly try go by to catch them!
 hey there
There's no doubt that "The Canettes" are the best band in Geneva, and Pickwicks are only able to book them a few times a year as they are all professionals.
They usually play around autumn, so if you're around then you should definetly try go by to catch them!

faith07, Aug 19, 2009 @ 10:52
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 11
 I'd like find a pub where we can listening to live music like Cranberries, U2, James Bunt, REM, Westlife...where I can find it???
 I'd like find a pub where we can listening to live music like Cranberries, U2, James Bunt, REM, Westlife...where I can find it???
Daniela L, Aug 19, 2009 @ 19:16
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
11 Replies | 2566 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form