Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > White FREEEE parking zones

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
White FREEEE parking zones
Does anyone know where I can find a list of the free parking zones in geneva? i`ve been looking for this for 2 days and didnt find :O

The text you are quoting:
Does anyone know where I can find a list of the free parking zones in geneva? i`ve been looking for this for 2 days and didnt find :O

wanessaJun 28, 2009 @ 21:59
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

11 Replies | 9342 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: White FREEEE parking zones
Post 1
[quote]Does anyone know where I can find a list of the free parking zones in geneva? i`ve been looking for this for 2 days and didnt find :O

[/quote]

I'm looking, too.. 26-40 CHF/d gets old real fast.
[quote]Does anyone know where I can find a list of the free parking zones in geneva? i`ve been looking for this for 2 days and didnt find :O

[/quote]

I'm looking, too.. 26-40 CHF/d gets old real fast.

FerneyL, Jun 29, 2009 @ 00:18
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

There are lots of cars with a white sticker on. What's this and how do you get one? :)

There are lots of cars with a white sticker on. What's this and how do you get one? :)
FerneyL, Jun 29, 2009 @ 00:32
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
Actually Geneva has some free parking spaces. If there are no signs, and the parking line is white, then you can park there free of charge. An example of such a place is the parking places near Palais Des Nations on the road going towards the US mission. You would have to be very lucky to find a vacant space there though. Going up the same road you will find a few more as you enter Pregny.

I do not know if there is a site with this information though.

Actually Geneva has some free parking spaces. If there are no signs, and the parking line is white, then you can park there free of charge. An example of such a place is the parking places near Palais Des Nations on the road going towards the US mission. You would have to be very lucky to find a vacant space there though. Going up the same road you will find a few more as you enter Pregny.

I do not know if there is a site with this information though.
Molula_M, Jun 29, 2009 @ 01:55

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4
I dont need a macarron, I dont have a car here... this is for a friend coming to stay the weekend. I think i`ll just go to the police station provide onde of the blue disks, or pay for a normal parking. but I think really amazing we have no info like this on the net...
I dont need a macarron, I dont have a car here... this is for a friend coming to stay the weekend. I think i`ll just go to the police station provide onde of the blue disks, or pay for a normal parking. but I think really amazing we have no info like this on the net...
wanessa, Jun 29, 2009 @ 09:44
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5
Have a look at this link:

http://www.geneve.ch/Parkings/doc/1424_06_FPG_Dp_multizone_9.pdf

You can buy a "macaron multizone" that allows you to stay in a blue zone for a half day per card which costs CHF 10. So in total for the Saturday you would pay CHF 20. I think that parking in a blue zone on Sunday is free/you can stay all day (not 100% sure as I do not live in Geneva).

Keep in mind that officially you can not stay in the same spot the whole day. You should change spots to be 100% certain that there will not be a problem/ticket.

Details of where to buy the special ticket are shown on the PDF.

Good luck.
Have a look at this link:

http://www.geneve.ch/Parkings/doc/1424_06_FPG_Dp_multizone_9.pdf

You can buy a "macaron multizone" that allows you to stay in a blue zone for a half day per card which costs CHF 10. So in total for the Saturday you would pay CHF 20. I think that parking in a blue zone on Sunday is free/you can stay all day (not 100% sure as I do not live in Geneva).

Keep in mind that officially you can not stay in the same spot the whole day. You should change spots to be 100% certain that there will not be a problem/ticket.

Details of where to buy the special ticket are shown on the PDF.

Good luck.
Verbier, Jun 29, 2009 @ 13:05
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6
[quote]

[/quote]

... beware, those little traffic-control gremlins are very active and really do check those "macarons" on daily basis.. wondering if they don't live in the cracks between pavement & sidewalk as they suddenly appear from nowhere lol
[quote]

[/quote]

... beware, those little traffic-control gremlins are very active and really do check those "macarons" on daily basis.. wondering if they don't live in the cracks between pavement & sidewalk as they suddenly appear from nowhere lol
Gentlman4evr, Jun 29, 2009 @ 13:35
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7
they are not much free white parking zones in the center, but if you go further they are many. also the park and ride parkings are frre on sundays, like the one at the end of the highway in bernex.
they are not much free white parking zones in the center, but if you go further they are many. also the park and ride parkings are frre on sundays, like the one at the end of the highway in bernex.
Pika, Jul 3, 2009 @ 12:32
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

Hi all and thanks for the suggestions.. if only I had to work Sundays (only).. :)

Carpooling or some risky biking on small French roads daily to work might work. The bus.. is "meh".. it adds about 5-6 hours weekly to the travel time, at the very least ;).

Hi all and thanks for the suggestions.. if only I had to work Sundays (only).. :)

Carpooling or some risky biking on small French roads daily to work might work. The bus.. is "meh".. it adds about 5-6 hours weekly to the travel time, at the very least ;).
FerneyL, Jul 4, 2009 @ 04:02
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9
yes, thanks a lot for all the reply!

in fact, these white free zones DO exist. every friend I ask knows a small street, a hidden corner that is free. But there`s no map of geneva indicating this...

Cheers, wa
yes, thanks a lot for all the reply!

in fact, these white free zones DO exist. every friend I ask knows a small street, a hidden corner that is free. But there`s no map of geneva indicating this...

Cheers, wa
wanessa, Jul 4, 2009 @ 12:15
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
11 Replies | 9342 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form