Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > White Water Rafting...

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
White Water Rafting...

Hi All..

Does anyone know where i can go white water rafting near Geneva? I have never tried it before but have heard its great fun...

Any advise is welcome..

Thanks ;-)

The text you are quoting:

Hi All..

Does anyone know where i can go white water rafting near Geneva? I have never tried it before but have heard its great fun...

Any advise is welcome..

Thanks ;-)

Lisa HJun 19, 2011 @ 18:36
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

8 Replies | 2746 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: White Water Rafting...
Post 1

There is the Dranse river about 40 minutes from Geneva. Glocal events have been organised on that river in the past. Depending on rainfall it may be more fun. 

There is the Dranse river about 40 minutes from Geneva. Glocal events have been organised on that river in the past. Depending on rainfall it may be more fun. 

Richard A, Jun 19, 2011 @ 20:51
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

They do it in Samöens in France about 45 min from Geneva.  This is not a huge flow of water and cascades, rapids, but probably not bad for a first time.  Its really fun if you go as a group and can get 2-3 or 4 rafts to go down together. have done it on some torrential rivers in Austria and it is a blast.

They do it in Samöens in France about 45 min from Geneva.  This is not a huge flow of water and cascades, rapids, but probably not bad for a first time.  Its really fun if you go as a group and can get 2-3 or 4 rafts to go down together. have done it on some torrential rivers in Austria and it is a blast.

Poster, Jun 19, 2011 @ 21:54
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

I did the Dranz last year and loved it. If you go in the early summer season, when the water is still high, it gets pretty wild. 

We used these guys and they were great: www.rafting.ch

Nir

I did the Dranz last year and loved it. If you go in the early summer season, when the water is still high, it gets pretty wild. 

We used these guys and they were great: www.rafting.ch

Nir

Nir Ofek, Jun 19, 2011 @ 23:40
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Hi All..

Any advise is welcome..

Thanks ;-)

Jun 19, 11 18:36

Aime la Plagne but it is a bit of a trot.

Why don't you do a descent of the Fier near Annecy? That would be an experience.

Aime la Plagne but it is a bit of a trot.

Why don't you do a descent of the Fier near Annecy? That would be an experience.

David G, Jun 22, 2011 @ 21:20
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Hi All..

Does anyone know where i can go white water rafting near Geneva? I have my own car i can o anywhere..!

thanks!

Hi All..

Does anyone know where i can go white water rafting near Geneva? I have my own car i can o anywhere..!

thanks!

val gar, Aug 31, 2015 @ 14:13
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Hi Val, 

We were in Thonon rafting two weeks ago and it was so fun! Here is the company we used: 

http://www.aquarafting.com/

We did the 'longo' and since our group was 'sporty' they brought us to places where we could also jump off rocks into the water. 

The equipment is good and the team is top notch. 

Enjoy! 

Hi Val, 

We were in Thonon rafting two weeks ago and it was so fun! Here is the company we used: 

http://www.aquarafting.com/

We did the 'longo' and since our group was 'sporty' they brought us to places where we could also jump off rocks into the water. 

The equipment is good and the team is top notch. 

Enjoy! 

Kat M, Sep 1, 2015 @ 12:43
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

genial! thank you Kat, I have booked with them. Laughing

genial! thank you Kat, I have booked with them. Laughing

val gar, Sep 1, 2015 @ 14:20
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

The Dranse is probably your best bet because you don't need to go to far. If you wanted a bit more of a "wild" one then the Dora Baltea river just the other side of Mont Blanc in Italy has some nice sections on it. The Dranse nearly always runs at the same level because it is dam controlled, and the rafting section is below the section which is actually difficult.

The Dranse is probably your best bet because you don't need to go to far. If you wanted a bit more of a "wild" one then the Dora Baltea river just the other side of Mont Blanc in Italy has some nice sections on it. The Dranse nearly always runs at the same level because it is dam controlled, and the rafting section is below the section which is actually difficult.

nickg_44, Sep 3, 2015 @ 16:09
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
8 Replies | 2746 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form