Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Who knows Lycée Rodolphe Töppfer ?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Who knows Lycée Rodolphe Töppfer ?

Hello !

Thank you in advance for your help. I am looking for opinions or experiences with the Geneva private School Rodolphe Töppfer.

My bi-lingual son (FR/Engl) is currentely with IIL in the French section and strongly wishes to change school. It is true that 1500 students is not conducive to a enveloping experience and - to my opinion - the school risks depriving children of their best years by being in a hurry to bring them into Secondary (one good year earlier than in public schools).  

So we all went on a visiting tour to Lycée Rodolphe Töppfer in Champel (Geneva) because it is close to home and looks nice (old victorian house). It also offers English for anglophones and should allow our son to join with the Swiss Maturité in the public school system later.

My son and I liked the warm welcome by the Director and the human size (210 students) as well as the cosy atmosphere.

My wife misses sport amenities though and fears that it might be a "special needs kid" kind of environment where academia lags behind.

We have to take a decision but do not know any parents whose kids went to that school.

Has any one got any experience with this school ? Can you help us in our difficult  decision taking ?

Thank you very much for any sharing of experience !

Raphaël

The text you are quoting:

Hello !

Thank you in advance for your help. I am looking for opinions or experiences with the Geneva private School Rodolphe Töppfer.

My bi-lingual son (FR/Engl) is currentely with IIL in the French section and strongly wishes to change school. It is true that 1500 students is not conducive to a enveloping experience and - to my opinion - the school risks depriving children of their best years by being in a hurry to bring them into Secondary (one good year earlier than in public schools).  

So we all went on a visiting tour to Lycée Rodolphe Töppfer in Champel (Geneva) because it is close to home and looks nice (old victorian house). It also offers English for anglophones and should allow our son to join with the Swiss Maturité in the public school system later.

My son and I liked the warm welcome by the Director and the human size (210 students) as well as the cosy atmosphere.

My wife misses sport amenities though and fears that it might be a "special needs kid" kind of environment where academia lags behind.

We have to take a decision but do not know any parents whose kids went to that school.

Has any one got any experience with this school ? Can you help us in our difficult  decision taking ?

Thank you very much for any sharing of experience !

Raphaël

Raphaël EMar 18, 2017 @ 20:59
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

0 Replies | 607 Views      |  Send to friend

No replies posted yet.
0 Replies | 607 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form