Login or Sign Up

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Yoga
I live in Geneva (city). Does anyone go to nice yoga classes? Looking for something soft as didn't practise any sport for a while.

Please let me know what would be more appropriate (type of yoga) for someone that doesn't know it and the price of classes.

Cheers

Yasmina

The text you are quoting:
I live in Geneva (city). Does anyone go to nice yoga classes? Looking for something soft as didn't practise any sport for a while.

Please let me know what would be more appropriate (type of yoga) for someone that doesn't know it and the price of classes.

Cheers

Yasmina
yas08Jul 6, 2009 @ 01:02

Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

7 Replies | 1459 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Yoga
Post 1
I agree sivananda have nice gentle classes and it is not a problem really if you don't speak french.
I agree sivananda have nice gentle classes and it is not a problem really if you don't speak french.
Melanienyc, Jul 6, 2009 @ 12:01
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
Hello Yasmina,

I actually logged onto Glocals today to post something on tai chi and saw your forum post on yoga. Sivananda is a good style of hatha yoga. "Hatha" is used differently by different people, but generally refers to the posture (physical) aspect of yoga - the postures are usually called asanas.

Iyengar yoga is another style of yoga, slow and exceeding detail to posture alignment, etc.

Ashtanga is yet another approach to yoga with emphasis on creating a flow (vinayasa). It tends to build up more heat, strength, and is more cardio.

I personally think that regardless of the style, the teacher and the way they set up the classs makes all the difference. Hence, best to visit and try out a class. A good studio ought to let you try classes, and often the first class for free, but being Switzerland I would not count on that. Here is a link to some different schools that I found for Geneva:

http://yogafinder.com/yoga.cfm?yogacountry=Switzerland&yogacity=Geneva

If you and some friends have a space and would like to get together sometime with mats for a yoga session, let me know. My schedule is crazy with travels lately, but it would be a good excuse to get out and play some yoga.

-scott

Hello Yasmina,

I actually logged onto Glocals today to post something on tai chi and saw your forum post on yoga. Sivananda is a good style of hatha yoga. "Hatha" is used differently by different people, but generally refers to the posture (physical) aspect of yoga - the postures are usually called asanas.

Iyengar yoga is another style of yoga, slow and exceeding detail to posture alignment, etc.

Ashtanga is yet another approach to yoga with emphasis on creating a flow (vinayasa). It tends to build up more heat, strength, and is more cardio.

I personally think that regardless of the style, the teacher and the way they set up the classs makes all the difference. Hence, best to visit and try out a class. A good studio ought to let you try classes, and often the first class for free, but being Switzerland I would not count on that. Here is a link to some different schools that I found for Geneva:

http://yogafinder.com/yoga.cfm?yogacountry=Switzerland&yogacity=Geneva

If you and some friends have a space and would like to get together sometime with mats for a yoga session, let me know. My schedule is crazy with travels lately, but it would be a good excuse to get out and play some yoga.

-scott

Chaplowe, Jul 6, 2009 @ 12:51

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
Thank you so much for ur reply...

I'll check the place u told me about.

cheers

yasmina:)

Thank you so much for ur reply...

I'll check the place u told me about.

cheers

yasmina:)
yas08, Jul 14, 2009 @ 13:39

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4
Have a look at innercity yoga just down by Rive-just google to get details.They have a range of classes and it's a nice place.
Have a look at innercity yoga just down by Rive-just google to get details.They have a range of classes and it's a nice place.
hitchcockblo, Jul 15, 2009 @ 22:53
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5
hi YAS08

yes innercityoga offers english speaking classes; all staff speaks english and french.

www.innercityoga.com

namaste
hi YAS08

yes innercityoga offers english speaking classes; all staff speaks english and french.

www.innercityoga.com

namaste

poweryogi, Oct 18, 2009 @ 00:15
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Hi, I am looking for yoga which is in English and oriented on your meditation and breathing, not only on physical effort. It's funny to read that if you don't speak french it's not a problem. Do you know that yoga is only 10% of action and 90% of inner mental and spiritual work?;) How can you enjoy it if you don't understandd a teacher...which should be your spiritual leader?

Anyway, I am looking for a spiritual teacher...and...it shouldn't be something trandy or superexpensive...

Thanks a lot in advance

Hi, I am looking for yoga which is in English and oriented on your meditation and breathing, not only on physical effort. It's funny to read that if you don't speak french it's not a problem. Do you know that yoga is only 10% of action and 90% of inner mental and spiritual work?;) How can you enjoy it if you don't understandd a teacher...which should be your spiritual leader?

Anyway, I am looking for a spiritual teacher...and...it shouldn't be something trandy or superexpensive...

Thanks a lot in advance

Nata D, Mar 9, 2010 @ 14:02
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Sept 10-12 2010
http://genevayogaconference.com/
We are blessed to share the 1st Yoga Festival in Geneva, Switzerland. The festival brings together several world renowned teachers sharing their passion for Yoga and peace.
There will be yoga workshops, AcroYoga community teachings, performances and music all supporting the movement towards peace on the planet.
During this weekend you will be able to sweat, meditate, dance, sing, believe and share your hopes for this planet. You will practice with teachers experienced in jivamukti, anusara, iyengar, energy, hatha, AcroYoga

Sept 10-12 2010
http://genevayogaconference.com/
We are blessed to share the 1st Yoga Festival in Geneva, Switzerland. The festival brings together several world renowned teachers sharing their passion for Yoga and peace.
There will be yoga workshops, AcroYoga community teachings, performances and music all supporting the movement towards peace on the planet.
During this weekend you will be able to sweat, meditate, dance, sing, believe and share your hopes for this planet. You will practice with teachers experienced in jivamukti, anusara, iyengar, energy, hatha, AcroYoga

nadgroove, Sep 7, 2010 @ 21:14
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
7 Replies | 1459 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form