Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Zimmermann regie

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Zimmermann regie

Have you had any unpleasant experience with this regie that would make me think twice before doing business with this regie?

Thanks,

Lukasz

The text you are quoting:

Have you had any unpleasant experience with this regie that would make me think twice before doing business with this regie?

Thanks,

Lukasz

Lukasz JOct 6, 2014 @ 14:54
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

31 Replies | 4135 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Zimmermann regie
Post 1

I dealt with them recently. I do not know how it is with other Regies but given what is available on social networks, I would say that Zimmerman was reasonable to deal with

I dealt with them recently. I do not know how it is with other Regies but given what is available on social networks, I would say that Zimmerman was reasonable to deal with

Manish M, Oct 6, 2014 @ 16:23
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Thank you, if anyone know a trustworthy and reliable regie that he/she can recommed let me know as well.

Thank you, if anyone know a trustworthy and reliable regie that he/she can recommed let me know as well.

Lukasz J, Oct 6, 2014 @ 20:25
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Don't expect, if you will have different problems with your future appt, to help you.....

They just "collect" the rent, that's all....

Don't expect, if you will have different problems with your future appt, to help you.....

They just "collect" the rent, that's all....

Gabriel M, Oct 6, 2014 @ 23:00
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

He is known as a scoundrel in real estate circles and well known to the courts and ASLOCA.  If you are buying from him maybe it is OK but do not trust him an inch.  He served notice on us when we asked for a wall to be replastered and a cupboard mended.  The result was that we won the case and the owners kicked him out - after they had to refurbish the whole flat with new bathroom kitchen and decorating plus a rent reduction. 

We have the same flat and owners owners but a different régie and although it is true that they tend to represent the owners the difference is incredible.  After Z, we almost consider the new regie our friends.  We are now with Naef.  Heard also that Broliiet is OK

He is known as a scoundrel in real estate circles and well known to the courts and ASLOCA.  If you are buying from him maybe it is OK but do not trust him an inch.  He served notice on us when we asked for a wall to be replastered and a cupboard mended.  The result was that we won the case and the owners kicked him out - after they had to refurbish the whole flat with new bathroom kitchen and decorating plus a rent reduction. 

We have the same flat and owners owners but a different régie and although it is true that they tend to represent the owners the difference is incredible.  After Z, we almost consider the new regie our friends.  We are now with Naef.  Heard also that Broliiet is OK

Paul E, Oct 6, 2014 @ 23:47
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Hi Paul, thanks for sharing. It's actually your another post about the Z agency on this forum that made me create this thread. After getting familliar with your story, I started wondering whether there is more... So far opinions vary, which is a good sign I guess.

Hi Paul, thanks for sharing. It's actually your another post about the Z agency on this forum that made me create this thread. After getting familliar with your story, I started wondering whether there is more... So far opinions vary, which is a good sign I guess.

Lukasz J, Oct 7, 2014 @ 19:31
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Lukasz. I would be surprised if someone has put in a good word for this regie.  If they have, can you direct me to where I can read it.  I will admit that there might be a lot of neutral comments but you have to be aggressive with them 

Lukasz. I would be surprised if someone has put in a good word for this regie.  If they have, can you direct me to where I can read it.  I will admit that there might be a lot of neutral comments but you have to be aggressive with them 

Paul E, Oct 7, 2014 @ 20:14
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

I was referring to the first reply on this thread, which I have to admit is rather neutral.

I was referring to the first reply on this thread, which I have to admit is rather neutral.

Lukasz J, Oct 7, 2014 @ 21:01
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

He (Mr. Z) in person asked for cash under the table to get our flat.... He is a crook and would NEVER rent from them. If I see an add and they are the regie, i ignore it. My friends were renting a flat from them and they were rude on the phone and anything that broke they had to pay to have it fixed themselves. He has even been barred from the Associations des regisseurs....i highly recommend Comptoir Genevois Immobilier, but at the end of the day it also depends on the owner of the flat/building. 

He (Mr. Z) in person asked for cash under the table to get our flat.... He is a crook and would NEVER rent from them. If I see an add and they are the regie, i ignore it. My friends were renting a flat from them and they were rude on the phone and anything that broke they had to pay to have it fixed themselves. He has even been barred from the Associations des regisseurs....i highly recommend Comptoir Genevois Immobilier, but at the end of the day it also depends on the owner of the flat/building. 

larag80, Oct 8, 2014 @ 09:49
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

Looks like I was an isolated case of 'not so bad experience' with them..they repaired a lot of things for us (not sure who paid)..were reasonable at the time of transfer of lease..@ Lukasz, you will have to go by the majority 

Looks like I was an isolated case of 'not so bad experience' with them..they repaired a lot of things for us (not sure who paid)..were reasonable at the time of transfer of lease..@ Lukasz, you will have to go by the majority 

Manish M, Oct 8, 2014 @ 11:05
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10

We're pretty happy with Moser Vernet.

Building is well maintained, what needs fixing is fixed and no issues so far.

Good luck,

Oded

We're pretty happy with Moser Vernet.

Building is well maintained, what needs fixing is fixed and no issues so far.

Good luck,

Oded

SiteAdmin Oded, Oct 8, 2014 @ 11:47
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 11

larag80. Interesting. He never went that far but we rented from him 18 years ago and I think it was easier to find a flat.  I am not in the least surprised by your allegation.  When we with Asloca's help took him to court, the first thing the judge (or JP) said (after Z had turned up 15 mins late) was whether he had acted on the recommendations made the last time he was before them.  Of course he had not and I got the impression that the court saw him often and regarded him as a bit of a clown(but not one to take your children to see

Re other points made.  Of course regies are going to take the side of the owner and you would expect the same if you were the landlord but a good established regie is powerful enough to persuade the owner to act reasonably.  A tenant such as us could always argue as to what is reasonable and not reasonable but the rule of thumb is easy.  Ignore Z.

larag80. Interesting. He never went that far but we rented from him 18 years ago and I think it was easier to find a flat.  I am not in the least surprised by your allegation.  When we with Asloca's help took him to court, the first thing the judge (or JP) said (after Z had turned up 15 mins late) was whether he had acted on the recommendations made the last time he was before them.  Of course he had not and I got the impression that the court saw him often and regarded him as a bit of a clown(but not one to take your children to see

Re other points made.  Of course regies are going to take the side of the owner and you would expect the same if you were the landlord but a good established regie is powerful enough to persuade the owner to act reasonably.  A tenant such as us could always argue as to what is reasonable and not reasonable but the rule of thumb is easy.  Ignore Z.

Paul E, Oct 8, 2014 @ 13:14
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 12

Just one additional question, is it possible to have your tenancy agreement prepared in English? Did you happen to come across this possibilty with your regies? My french is rather rough at the moment and after hearing all these rather concerning stories about dishonest regies, I started worrying about signing up something that could get me into great troubles.

Lukasz

Just one additional question, is it possible to have your tenancy agreement prepared in English? Did you happen to come across this possibilty with your regies? My french is rather rough at the moment and after hearing all these rather concerning stories about dishonest regies, I started worrying about signing up something that could get me into great troubles.

Lukasz

Lukasz J, Oct 8, 2014 @ 14:33
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 13

Although I hate to admit it (being English) my French is OK but I seem to remember taking it to either a Swiss colleague at work or Asloca (probably the former) and it was pronouced to be a standard agreement and that was with Z!!.  Work colleague (Swiss) should be good enoiugh (or your human resource department) asking them to advise if there is anything that appears unusual.   

Although I hate to admit it (being English) my French is OK but I seem to remember taking it to either a Swiss colleague at work or Asloca (probably the former) and it was pronouced to be a standard agreement and that was with Z!!.  Work colleague (Swiss) should be good enoiugh (or your human resource department) asking them to advise if there is anything that appears unusual.   

Paul E, Oct 8, 2014 @ 14:45
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 14

I can imagine it was a hard confession to make :) I was afraid that I will have to sign the contract on the spot, if that's not the case then sure I will ask my Swiss colleagues.

I can imagine it was a hard confession to make :) I was afraid that I will have to sign the contract on the spot, if that's not the case then sure I will ask my Swiss colleagues.

Lukasz J, Oct 8, 2014 @ 14:56
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 15

Which confession: that I speak French or that I got an acceptable contract from Z.  Actually if the first maybe I can report abuse and ask the administrator to remove my own comment

Which confession: that I speak French or that I got an acceptable contract from Z.  Actually if the first maybe I can report abuse and ask the administrator to remove my own comment

Paul E, Oct 8, 2014 @ 15:37
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 16

My Regie is CGI. On the rare occasions I needed their help, they were OK.

My Regie is CGI. On the rare occasions I needed their help, they were OK.

Nir Ofek, Oct 8, 2014 @ 15:37
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 17

Several years ago I rented an apartment with NAEF.  Quite a good régie, professional and available.  The rent was reasonable too.  I recommend them.

Several years ago I rented an apartment with NAEF.  Quite a good régie, professional and available.  The rent was reasonable too.  I recommend them.

TheOmegaMan, Oct 8, 2014 @ 16:38
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 18

Lukasz: I'm just curious tho, why are you asking for a good regie? Are you one of those lucky few who actually own a place in Geneva, and you're looking to select the Regie to rent it out for you? 

Lukasz: I'm just curious tho, why are you asking for a good regie? Are you one of those lucky few who actually own a place in Geneva, and you're looking to select the Regie to rent it out for you? 

Nir Ofek, Oct 9, 2014 @ 09:24
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 19

@Paul: The former of course. I know that Brits have a strong aversion towards French language.

@Nir: Not really, I am looking for an apartment myself. I guess it's better to know who you will be dealing with before actually having to cope with them.

@Paul: The former of course. I know that Brits have a strong aversion towards French language.

@Nir: Not really, I am looking for an apartment myself. I guess it's better to know who you will be dealing with before actually having to cope with them.

Lukasz J, Oct 9, 2014 @ 09:54
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 20

Oct 9, 14 09:54

Honestly, if I found an apt I liked and I could get it, I wouldn't even consider the regie's rep as a criteria. Especially not in today's super tight real estate market, where tens of people compete for each decent apartment

Honestly, if I found an apt I liked and I could get it, I wouldn't even consider the regie's rep as a criteria. Especially not in today's super tight real estate market, where tens of people compete for each decent apartment

Nir Ofek, Oct 9, 2014 @ 10:15
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 21

I understand and that's why I am going to submit my papers tomorrow to the Zimmermann, despite all bad reviews. Nevertheless, now I know that I have to be very cautious when dealing with them.

I understand and that's why I am going to submit my papers tomorrow to the Zimmermann, despite all bad reviews. Nevertheless, now I know that I have to be very cautious when dealing with them.

Lukasz J, Oct 9, 2014 @ 10:21
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 22

Lucasz - I was going to say the same thing.  If the appartment is what you want and thge price is about right go for it. 

One other hint after you have signed the papers and moved in you have either 3 months or 6 months to check whether the price price has been increased too much since the last tenant moved out.  There are strict rules concerning this and (now I am really talking from a ^dementia aided memory) and maybe a gloclas follower can be more specific.

Of course when I came here I knew nothing about this and the regie will not tell you but they cannot just increase like that.  ASLOCA should be able to guide you and there is a weekly or montly paper which lists recent sales and possibly lettings.  All this can be found out easily if you know where to go -  I just cannot remember.  You do not tell Zimmerman anything about this until you are in and you know exactly what the score is.  All he can do is hate you (at the moment he just despises you like all his other tenants).  We are still in our original appartment (but the owners licked Z out) and took on another regie Naef.

When we took Z to court we ended up with complete refurbishment of the appartment (new kitchen and appliances, new bathroomv(inc new bath, bidet, toilet and washbasin) a new second toilet plus a rediuction of rent of 10 per cent and the owners kicked him out

VERY IMPORTANT POINT - when you take over the appartment you will be given a form to sign which if furnished should list all the items.  You should look at this as if you were hiring a car from some dodgy hire car firm and note down any damage or scratches to furniture paintwork and floors - this is after the contract is signed I think.  And if the rep says 'Oh do not worry about that, then you start worrying'  What is at stake here is your hopefully only 3 month deposit from which any damage when you leave will be deducted (and the regie decides the damage, not you)

Another thing (and it always makes me laugh when I hear people panicking about cleaning the flat), we were not satisfied with the cleanliness of the place when we moved in and dermanded that it be cleaned thoroughly.  Zimmermann organised this by getting the concierge to do it to our satisfaction.  He probably deducted a cost from the deposit of the previous tenant.

All in all, he only made one mistake.  He tried to evict us and that cost him the management of the whole block, otherwise we made no demands on him and he left us in peace

Lucasz - I was going to say the same thing.  If the appartment is what you want and thge price is about right go for it. 

One other hint after you have signed the papers and moved in you have either 3 months or 6 months to check whether the price price has been increased too much since the last tenant moved out.  There are strict rules concerning this and (now I am really talking from a ^dementia aided memory) and maybe a gloclas follower can be more specific.

Of course when I came here I knew nothing about this and the regie will not tell you but they cannot just increase like that.  ASLOCA should be able to guide you and there is a weekly or montly paper which lists recent sales and possibly lettings.  All this can be found out easily if you know where to go -  I just cannot remember.  You do not tell Zimmerman anything about this until you are in and you know exactly what the score is.  All he can do is hate you (at the moment he just despises you like all his other tenants).  We are still in our original appartment (but the owners licked Z out) and took on another regie Naef.

When we took Z to court we ended up with complete refurbishment of the appartment (new kitchen and appliances, new bathroomv(inc new bath, bidet, toilet and washbasin) a new second toilet plus a rediuction of rent of 10 per cent and the owners kicked him out

VERY IMPORTANT POINT - when you take over the appartment you will be given a form to sign which if furnished should list all the items.  You should look at this as if you were hiring a car from some dodgy hire car firm and note down any damage or scratches to furniture paintwork and floors - this is after the contract is signed I think.  And if the rep says 'Oh do not worry about that, then you start worrying'  What is at stake here is your hopefully only 3 month deposit from which any damage when you leave will be deducted (and the regie decides the damage, not you)

Another thing (and it always makes me laugh when I hear people panicking about cleaning the flat), we were not satisfied with the cleanliness of the place when we moved in and dermanded that it be cleaned thoroughly.  Zimmermann organised this by getting the concierge to do it to our satisfaction.  He probably deducted a cost from the deposit of the previous tenant.

All in all, he only made one mistake.  He tried to evict us and that cost him the management of the whole block, otherwise we made no demands on him and he left us in peace

Paul E, Oct 9, 2014 @ 10:26
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 23

@Paul: you have 1 month since you receive the avis de fixation de loyer.  See this: http://www.glocals.com/forums/geneva/where-how-in-geneva/Renting-in-Geneva--READ-THIS----206526.htm

@Paul: you have 1 month since you receive the avis de fixation de loyer.  See this: http://www.glocals.com/forums/geneva/where-how-in-geneva/Renting-in-Geneva--READ-THIS----206526.htm

TheOmegaMan, Oct 12, 2014 @ 19:30
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 24

Omegaman - my memory must be getting worse. It appears I read your original post and thanked you for it at the time

Omegaman - my memory must be getting worse. It appears I read your original post and thanked you for it at the time

Paul E, Oct 12, 2014 @ 23:12
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 25

Just adding my experience to say avoid anything to do with Regie Zimmermann if you can.  

My girlfriend applied for an apartment but was later told that the rent would be an additional chf200 per month versus what was advertised.  When she decided to withdraw the application, since it was no longer in her budget (shewould not have applied in the first place if the correct rent was advertised), they charged her a chf300 (!!) administrative fee.  

These people are totally unprofessional and not to be trusted.

Just adding my experience to say avoid anything to do with Regie Zimmermann if you can.  

My girlfriend applied for an apartment but was later told that the rent would be an additional chf200 per month versus what was advertised.  When she decided to withdraw the application, since it was no longer in her budget (shewould not have applied in the first place if the correct rent was advertised), they charged her a chf300 (!!) administrative fee.  

These people are totally unprofessional and not to be trusted.

Tom C, Jan 27, 2015 @ 14:42
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 26

If not the worst, Zimmermann is at least among the worse régies - we all know. But if they serve you who are landlord, Z is the best. All depends on which side you stand on...

If not the worst, Zimmermann is at least among the worse régies - we all know. But if they serve you who are landlord, Z is the best. All depends on which side you stand on...

Jimmy123, Jan 27, 2015 @ 15:25
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 27

I'm with them now. Hate them! They really don't have time for English speaking people. Avoid majorly 

I'm with them now. Hate them! They really don't have time for English speaking people. Avoid majorly 

rebecca s, Aug 3, 2015 @ 19:04
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 28

They suck....i had a small reparation to make that was their responsibility and they refused to do anything about it....avoid like the black plague

They suck....i had a small reparation to make that was their responsibility and they refused to do anything about it....avoid like the black plague

fazzi, Aug 4, 2015 @ 08:47
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 29

Any one who is with them should make sure that they are signed up with ASLOCA.  I already mentioned above that they tried to throw me out when I wanted some minor repairs doing.  If certain things are not working you have the right to demand a rent reduction (I think you can find this lsit on the ASLOCA site.  Language has nothing to do with  it but obviously it is easier if you speak French.  Imagine you were in London and somebody came up to you with a complaint and could not speak english,  would you devote extra time to them? I know people come here and have no exposure to French but then it is up to them to force thier HR departments to help them.  A human resource that has few personal problems is going to burn out later than one which is stressed 

Any one who is with them should make sure that they are signed up with ASLOCA.  I already mentioned above that they tried to throw me out when I wanted some minor repairs doing.  If certain things are not working you have the right to demand a rent reduction (I think you can find this lsit on the ASLOCA site.  Language has nothing to do with  it but obviously it is easier if you speak French.  Imagine you were in London and somebody came up to you with a complaint and could not speak english,  would you devote extra time to them? I know people come here and have no exposure to French but then it is up to them to force thier HR departments to help them.  A human resource that has few personal problems is going to burn out later than one which is stressed 

Paul E, Aug 4, 2015 @ 09:20
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 30

Oct 6, 14 20:25

Kornhaus is excellent. Take good care of the house and easy to deal with:

http://www.wohnung.ch/

Kornhaus is excellent. Take good care of the house and easy to deal with:

http://www.wohnung.ch/

rena, Aug 4, 2015 @ 10:00
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 31

Just my 2 cents here, you should really consider taking some legal insurance ("protection juridique").

You will eventually need it, even if your regie is kind of ok. Here in Lausanne (and I guess it's worst in Geneva) a lot of regies or owners are known for acting only when you threaten them with "consignation de loyer". And when that one happen, it's good to have some advice plus some insurance to pay justice fees (émolument).

In the end, it's pretty cheap and reasonnable (in my case 200.- per year at Baloise) for what it could provide you.

Just my 2 cents here, you should really consider taking some legal insurance ("protection juridique").

You will eventually need it, even if your regie is kind of ok. Here in Lausanne (and I guess it's worst in Geneva) a lot of regies or owners are known for acting only when you threaten them with "consignation de loyer". And when that one happen, it's good to have some advice plus some insurance to pay justice fees (émolument).

In the end, it's pretty cheap and reasonnable (in my case 200.- per year at Baloise) for what it could provide you.

Romaric D, Aug 4, 2015 @ 10:49
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
31 Replies | 4135 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form