Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > alpine holiday in December

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
alpine holiday in December
I am trying to work out a reasonable option for an Australian family of 6.

They will be based in Geneva but would like a long weekend ( 12th, 13th December with a night or 2 either side) in a picturesque area which has options i addition to skiing ( walking, pool, spa etc)

They would be dependent on public transport, probably train. I had looked at Chamonix but everything was very expensive even though it ticked all the boxes from a tourist point.

Has anyone a suggestion please?

I will post in the ski forum also

Thanks
The text you are quoting:
I am trying to work out a reasonable option for an Australian family of 6.

They will be based in Geneva but would like a long weekend ( 12th, 13th December with a night or 2 either side) in a picturesque area which has options i addition to skiing ( walking, pool, spa etc)

They would be dependent on public transport, probably train. I had looked at Chamonix but everything was very expensive even though it ticked all the boxes from a tourist point.

Has anyone a suggestion please?

I will post in the ski forum also

Thanks
sharon1Aug 6, 2009 @ 03:07
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

2 Replies | 628 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: alpine holiday in December
Post 1
maybe in avoriaz, always went for single days, but the resort is great : www.avoriaz.com
maybe in avoriaz, always went for single days, but the resort is great : www.avoriaz.com
Pika, Aug 6, 2009 @ 13:08
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Re: alpine holiday in December
Post 2
 Hi
The best deals for skiing,walking,spa bath,snow shoeing etc are to be found in Brides les Bains in the 3 vallees area of France staying in modernised sc apartments formerly the 1992 Ski Olympic village .

The G and L ski group-formerly run by G.Lowcalski-has run 3 long weekends there in association with the Nordic club.It's only 2.5 hours drive or train7bus from Geneva.

Zeh group plans to run some long weekends there again in Jan and Mid March avoiding French school holiday dates and high prices.
It is open I believe from Mid December.

call me for more info
Malcolm
077 207 0631
 Hi
The best deals for skiing,walking,spa bath,snow shoeing etc are to be found in Brides les Bains in the 3 vallees area of France staying in modernised sc apartments formerly the 1992 Ski Olympic village .

The G and L ski group-formerly run by G.Lowcalski-has run 3 long weekends there in association with the Nordic club.It's only 2.5 hours drive or train7bus from Geneva.

Zeh group plans to run some long weekends there again in Jan and Mid March avoiding French school holiday dates and high prices.
It is open I believe from Mid December.

call me for more info
Malcolm
077 207 0631

Malcolm W, Aug 10, 2009 @ 13:28
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
2 Replies | 628 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form