Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > another question about Holmes Place

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
another question about Holmes Place

Hello,

I am the next one who has a small problem with leaving Holmes place:

My 1 year membership is finished end of October, but when I informed them today that I am not going to prolong it for the next year I was told that my membership is automatically prolonged whenever I want it or not and 3 months notice is still obligatory in this case.

Are they right not?

The text you are quoting:

Hello,

I am the next one who has a small problem with leaving Holmes place:

My 1 year membership is finished end of October, but when I informed them today that I am not going to prolong it for the next year I was told that my membership is automatically prolonged whenever I want it or not and 3 months notice is still obligatory in this case.

Are they right not?

aardwolfSep 1, 2010 @ 15:39
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

6 Replies | 1299 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: another question about Holmes Place
Post 1

One personjust  told me that I should tell them only 1 month in advance that O do not want prolongation of my membership.

One personjust  told me that I should tell them only 1 month in advance that O do not want prolongation of my membership.

aardwolf, Sep 1, 2010 @ 17:01
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

I was told by one guy who quit Holmes Place year ago, also with some adventures:

3 months notice - interruption
1 month notice - non renewal

It makes more sense I suppose.

I got suspicious when they asked me to pay for all 3 months just today.

I was told by one guy who quit Holmes Place year ago, also with some adventures:

3 months notice - interruption
1 month notice - non renewal

It makes more sense I suppose.

I got suspicious when they asked me to pay for all 3 months just today.

aardwolf, Sep 1, 2010 @ 17:02
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Hi Aardwolf

It all starts with reading the Terms & Conditions and the house rules. You should have received them before signing the contract. The notice period should be mentioned in the T&C.

By the way... if you read the T&C very carefully you notice that there are a couple of clauses contradicting to each other. My decision NOT to sign up with Holmes was purely because of their policy and T&C. The contract is absolutely outrageous. Let's be honest... it's just a gym... not a contract for a billion dollar deal.....

Hi Aardwolf

It all starts with reading the Terms & Conditions and the house rules. You should have received them before signing the contract. The notice period should be mentioned in the T&C.

By the way... if you read the T&C very carefully you notice that there are a couple of clauses contradicting to each other. My decision NOT to sign up with Holmes was purely because of their policy and T&C. The contract is absolutely outrageous. Let's be honest... it's just a gym... not a contract for a billion dollar deal.....

Arnovd, Sep 1, 2010 @ 17:45
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

OK, it looks that I did it.

It was enough to talk to the porper person. Not to this people working at the board since it looks that they do not have precise information, but to person responsible exactly for interruption and renewal.

That guy did not do any problems with non renewal at 2 months notice.

OK, it looks that I did it.

It was enough to talk to the porper person. Not to this people working at the board since it looks that they do not have precise information, but to person responsible exactly for interruption and renewal.

That guy did not do any problems with non renewal at 2 months notice.

aardwolf, Sep 2, 2010 @ 09:29
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

I do not know the name of the person.
I just called to the club on a weekday around 10:00 and I asked to talk to 'the person responsible for reneval and cancelation'. Their first answer was 'Maybe I can help you'. My answer was 'Maybe I want to talk to that person' (I am a bastard sometimes, I know).

The person responsible did not make any problems - my situation was clear - no renewal is something different than cancelation. I asked him to write it to the system immediately. I checked it when I went there next day and everything was ok.

From what I was told this person does not work in the evenings so it is the best to call him.

And in case you work for an international organisation you are a diplomat and rules are even beter for you.

I do not know the name of the person.
I just called to the club on a weekday around 10:00 and I asked to talk to 'the person responsible for reneval and cancelation'. Their first answer was 'Maybe I can help you'. My answer was 'Maybe I want to talk to that person' (I am a bastard sometimes, I know).

The person responsible did not make any problems - my situation was clear - no renewal is something different than cancelation. I asked him to write it to the system immediately. I checked it when I went there next day and everything was ok.

From what I was told this person does not work in the evenings so it is the best to call him.

And in case you work for an international organisation you are a diplomat and rules are even beter for you.

aardwolf, Oct 9, 2010 @ 13:35
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

As Arnovd said, it starts with reading the terms of your agreement with them. If you show you know what is in their terms, you are more likely to have a productive discussion. My experience with not renewing or cancelling memberships and subscriptions is that, almost all of the time, you can work things out in a reasonable manner.

I posted elsewhere that HP for me was too slick - that said, their facilities, hours etc are good and if you live nearby it may just be the club for you. You can run into these kinds of hassles most anywhere ...

As Arnovd said, it starts with reading the terms of your agreement with them. If you show you know what is in their terms, you are more likely to have a productive discussion. My experience with not renewing or cancelling memberships and subscriptions is that, almost all of the time, you can work things out in a reasonable manner.

I posted elsewhere that HP for me was too slick - that said, their facilities, hours etc are good and if you live nearby it may just be the club for you. You can run into these kinds of hassles most anywhere ...

Cees K, Oct 9, 2010 @ 22:02
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
6 Replies | 1299 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form