Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > another question about gyms... (free weights and all that, more specifically)

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
another question about gyms... (free weights and all that, more specifically)
So, to add to the number of questions on this forum about gyms, etc...
I am looking for a gym with good free weights, maybe machines.  I don't need daycare, I don't need a coffee bar, or sauna, I really don't care if they offer classes or not and I would rather not have to pay for all those things and I'll bring my own towels.
SO, is there such a place in Geneva with decent opening hours, not too far from either the UN or Eaux Vives (see, I'm flexible), but keeping in mind I have no car, where I can just go and work out with weights and not have to pay for all sorts of extras I won't use? (and where I won't feel uncomfortable as a total novice and woman)
I used to belong to Holmes Place, I have looked at Silhouette, the Hotel Bristol, Harmony fitness, the Crowne Plaza and Rainbow gym, so please don't suggest these.
Many, many thanks! 
The text you are quoting:
So, to add to the number of questions on this forum about gyms, etc...
I am looking for a gym with good free weights, maybe machines.  I don't need daycare, I don't need a coffee bar, or sauna, I really don't care if they offer classes or not and I would rather not have to pay for all those things and I'll bring my own towels.
SO, is there such a place in Geneva with decent opening hours, not too far from either the UN or Eaux Vives (see, I'm flexible), but keeping in mind I have no car, where I can just go and work out with weights and not have to pay for all sorts of extras I won't use? (and where I won't feel uncomfortable as a total novice and woman)
I used to belong to Holmes Place, I have looked at Silhouette, the Hotel Bristol, Harmony fitness, the Crowne Plaza and Rainbow gym, so please don't suggest these.
Many, many thanks! 

misskateSep 16, 2009 @ 14:46
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

8 Replies | 1552 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: another question about gyms... (free weights and all that, more specifically)
Post 1
 and to answer my own question,
american fitness in vernets seems to be the closest (though incredibly inconveniently located!) solution.

If anyone knows of any other places...  they would still be greatly appreciated!

Or if anyone has any experience with American Fitness, I would love to hear about it!
 and to answer my own question,
american fitness in vernets seems to be the closest (though incredibly inconveniently located!) solution.

If anyone knows of any other places...  they would still be greatly appreciated!

Or if anyone has any experience with American Fitness, I would love to hear about it!

misskate, Sep 16, 2009 @ 15:22
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Re: another question about gyms... (free weights and all that, more specifically)
Post 2

hi, did oyu ever find a good answer to this question....

I am after a simple gym, (scummy, I dont care) just somewhere to go and lift weights.....

kind regards

I am after a simple gym, (scummy, I dont care) just somewhere to go and lift weights.....

kind regards

cormac o, Aug 14, 2012 @ 16:38
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

I joined American Fitness for a year. They were lovely, the price was right, but in the end the location (far from work and home) was just too much to negotiate after working a full day. 

I do highly recommend them if you live or work in the Acacias/Jonction area. 

http://www.american-fitness.ch/

I joined American Fitness for a year. They were lovely, the price was right, but in the end the location (far from work and home) was just too much to negotiate after working a full day. 

I do highly recommend them if you live or work in the Acacias/Jonction area. 

http://www.american-fitness.ch/

misskate, Aug 15, 2012 @ 15:53
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

THank you vm misskate!

THank you vm misskate!

cormac o, Aug 15, 2012 @ 16:18
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

kind regards

Aug 14, 12 16:38

Did you find your gym?

Did you find your gym?

Sam I, Jul 29, 2014 @ 16:12
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

I am a member of Non stop gym and it fits your description. It's open 24h and really cheap (49 CHF per month). All machines are new. No hassle but it suits me just fine :)

I am a member of Non stop gym and it fits your description. It's open 24h and really cheap (49 CHF per month). All machines are new. No hassle but it suits me just fine :)

justine f, Jul 30, 2014 @ 19:19
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Non Stop say they are too busy and there is a 3 month waiting list.

Non Stop say they are too busy and there is a 3 month waiting list.

Sam I, Jul 31, 2014 @ 17:32
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

Yeah but do you understand? Why 3 month? They are expecting that some of the members will die or what? :D

It seem like gym for me.THX for advice :)

Yeah but do you understand? Why 3 month? They are expecting that some of the members will die or what? :D

It seem like gym for me.THX for advice :)

Andrea Simkovicova, Aug 3, 2014 @ 13:14
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
8 Replies | 1552 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form