Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > bicycle repair shop near Rive

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
bicycle repair shop near Rive
Hello guys,

Anybody knows a good bicycle repair shop close to Rive? I just tried "Ashkan Sports", never, ever go there, the guy inside was busy and pissed off so he decided to shout at me that every 5 mins somebody is coming and he doesn't have time and space..

Let me know.
The text you are quoting:
Hello guys,

Anybody knows a good bicycle repair shop close to Rive? I just tried "Ashkan Sports", never, ever go there, the guy inside was busy and pissed off so he decided to shout at me that every 5 mins somebody is coming and he doesn't have time and space..

Let me know.
RasputinMay 8, 2009 @ 19:28
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

10 Replies | 2933 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: bicycle repair shop near Rive
Post 1
I know one place - they do bike reparation and prepare/put together bikes on request.

It's not Rive, but it's worth knowing

http://www.hotpoint.ch/

good luck,

Irena
I know one place - they do bike reparation and prepare/put together bikes on request.

It's not Rive, but it's worth knowing

http://www.hotpoint.ch/

good luck,

Irena
Lauda, May 8, 2009 @ 20:18
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
I just took my bike into Geneve Roule! I didn't know they did repairs for bikes other than their own. I'll get it back tomorrow, I suppose. Will let you know.

I just took my bike into Geneve Roule! I didn't know they did repairs for bikes other than their own. I'll get it back tomorrow, I suppose. Will let you know.

Zonker, May 8, 2009 @ 21:03
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
I do bicycle rentals and I share a shop with a good mechanic who is VERY reasonably priced. He used to be the head mechanic at Geneveroule, but has now opened his own workshop.

He's at 5 Rue Louis Favre, and you can find a map on my site: www.bikeswitzerlandrentals.com

[quote]Hello guys,

Let me know.[/quote]
I do bicycle rentals and I share a shop with a good mechanic who is VERY reasonably priced. He used to be the head mechanic at Geneveroule, but has now opened his own workshop.

He's at 5 Rue Louis Favre, and you can find a map on my site: www.bikeswitzerlandrentals.com

[quote]Hello guys,

Let me know.[/quote]
BikeCH, May 14, 2009 @ 15:28
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4
I broke a back wheel of my city bike :angry: and don't think will be repairing it.

I heard some shops are buying back old bikes to repair them and resale. Do you know any of those? I'd rather give it in good hands than leave rusting in a street.

A :D

I broke a back wheel of my city bike :angry: and don't think will be repairing it.

I heard some shops are buying back old bikes to repair them and resale. Do you know any of those? I'd rather give it in good hands than leave rusting in a street.

A :D
anushka, May 14, 2009 @ 15:53

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5
Rasputin,

unfortunately what you experienced is -with a few honourable exceptions- pretty much par for the course in Geneva, i.e. rude, disinterested, unmotivated and over-priced service in bike shops. Symptomatic of the many private service industries in Geneva where demand outstrips supply.

I remember bounding in to a few Geneva 'high' and 'low' end bike shops when I arrived a few years a go, full of enthusiasm to ride and keen to forge a good relationship with my 'Local Bike Shops' (LBS). Only to be confronted with statements like: "we do not service bikes we don' sell", "we do not service bike costing less than CHF1,000,000" (OK, I exaggerate, but you get my jist), "no, we don't have any organised rides", "no we don't have any maps", "no, we don't give a s^&%t"  etc etc. What a depressing experience.

Famously I went in to Geneve roule one day and asked to borrow a tyre iron, only to be told that only a mechanic can use it. WTF. And then I was directed to another bike shop that ceased to exist c. 12 months a go!

And most bike shops close for the August holidays. Can you imagine ski shops closing in January!

Honestly I have never met a bunch of people so dedicated to decreasing interest in the function, recreation and sport of cycling. Sigh.

Rant Ends!

Rasputin,

unfortunately what you experienced is -with a few honourable exceptions- pretty much par for the course in Geneva, i.e. rude, disinterested, unmotivated and over-priced service in bike shops. Symptomatic of the many private service industries in Geneva where demand outstrips supply.

I remember bounding in to a few Geneva 'high' and 'low' end bike shops when I arrived a few years a go, full of enthusiasm to ride and keen to forge a good relationship with my 'Local Bike Shops' (LBS). Only to be confronted with statements like: "we do not service bikes we don' sell", "we do not service bike costing less than CHF1,000,000" (OK, I exaggerate, but you get my jist), "no, we don't have any organised rides", "no we don't have any maps", "no, we don't give a s^&%t"  etc etc. What a depressing experience.

Famously I went in to Geneve roule one day and asked to borrow a tyre iron, only to be told that only a mechanic can use it. WTF. And then I was directed to another bike shop that ceased to exist c. 12 months a go!

And most bike shops close for the August holidays. Can you imagine ski shops closing in January!

Honestly I have never met a bunch of people so dedicated to decreasing interest in the function, recreation and sport of cycling. Sigh.

Rant Ends!
SlogFester, May 14, 2009 @ 15:55

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6
OK, you really do have to see my friend (5 Rue louis Favre) because he's always going on about the exact same thing. Again, his workshop doesn't look like much because he's only been in business a few months (after working for Geneveroule for more than 10 years), but his prices are "très correct" and he doesn't have a rude bone in his body. Still, you'll need to do your philosophizing in French.

[quote]Rasputin,

unfortunately what you experienced is -with a few honourable exceptions- pretty much par for the course in Geneva, i.e. rude, disinterested, unmotivated and over-priced service in bike shops. Symptomatic of the many private service industries in Genevawhere demand outstrips supply.

I remember bounding in to a few Geneva 'high' and 'low' end bike shops when I arrived a few years a go, full of enthusiasm to ride and keen to forge a good relationship with my 'Local Bike Shops' (LBS). Only to be confronted with statements like: "we do not service bikes we don' sell", "we do not service bike costing less than CHF1,000,000" (OK, I exaggerate, but you get my jist), "no, we don't have any organised rides", "no we don't have any maps", "no, we don't give a s^&%t" etc etc. What a depressing experience.

Rant Ends![/quote]
OK, you really do have to see my friend (5 Rue louis Favre) because he's always going on about the exact same thing. Again, his workshop doesn't look like much because he's only been in business a few months (after working for Geneveroule for more than 10 years), but his prices are "très correct" and he doesn't have a rude bone in his body. Still, you'll need to do your philosophizing in French.

[quote]Rasputin,

unfortunately what you experienced is -with a few honourable exceptions- pretty much par for the course in Geneva, i.e. rude, disinterested, unmotivated and over-priced service in bike shops. Symptomatic of the many private service industries in Genevawhere demand outstrips supply.

I remember bounding in to a few Geneva 'high' and 'low' end bike shops when I arrived a few years a go, full of enthusiasm to ride and keen to forge a good relationship with my 'Local Bike Shops' (LBS). Only to be confronted with statements like: "we do not service bikes we don' sell", "we do not service bike costing less than CHF1,000,000" (OK, I exaggerate, but you get my jist), "no, we don't have any organised rides", "no we don't have any maps", "no, we don't give a s^&%t" etc etc. What a depressing experience.

Rant Ends![/quote]
BikeCH, May 14, 2009 @ 16:07
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7
Yes, my friend at 5 Rue Louis Favre will buy it off you. Tell him "john sent you".

[quote]Hello guys,

Let me know.[/quote]
Yes, my friend at 5 Rue Louis Favre will buy it off you. Tell him "john sent you".

[quote]Hello guys,

Let me know.[/quote]
BikeCH, May 14, 2009 @ 16:09
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

Geneva roule is the best!! it is just behind Gare Cornavin. The guy fixed my bike and changed a part of it for free!! He is also really nice and polite. 

Geneva roule is the best!! it is just behind Gare Cornavin. The guy fixed my bike and changed a part of it for free!! He is also really nice and polite. 

Ling Lou, Nov 19, 2014 @ 12:45
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

Not next door to Rive, but I would recommed Peclot grotted or Pllainpalais,  you could take you bike on the tram quiet hours 

Not next door to Rive, but I would recommed Peclot grotted or Pllainpalais,  you could take you bike on the tram quiet hours 

TogJay, Nov 19, 2014 @ 15:12
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10

sorry link didnt go in

http://www.peclot13.ch/html/

sorry link didnt go in