Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > boxes for moving

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
boxes for moving
Hi all,

We are soon leaving geneva and are looking for cargo boxes/ moving boxes/ packing material. Any ideas where to find them? Do you have any old bags or boxes that you wud want to get rid of? 

Also, since we havent done this before, any tips or suggestions on the same would be very handy.

Thanx in advance!!!

regds,

kimerton  

The text you are quoting:
Hi all,

We are soon leaving geneva and are looking for cargo boxes/ moving boxes/ packing material. Any ideas where to find them? Do you have any old bags or boxes that you wud want to get rid of? 

Also, since we havent done this before, any tips or suggestions on the same would be very handy.

Thanx in advance!!!

regds,

kimerton  
kimertonJul 27, 2008 @ 22:53

Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

10 Replies | 1224 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: boxes for moving
Post 1
Kimerton! oh no! you're leaving so soon?

i've got boxes to give you... and can come over to advise on 'how to pack'. i've done it enough times in my life, i could even open up my own moving company :)

Kimerton! oh no! you're leaving so soon?

i've got boxes to give you... and can come over to advise on 'how to pack'. i've done it enough times in my life, i could even open up my own moving company :)
YouMeCo, Jul 27, 2008 @ 23:52

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
Hi there,

we have just moved here a couple of weeks ago and have kept most of our boxes. Not sure how many exactly there are but I think at least 30 (medium and large). If you are interested , I can go and check for you in the basement:) I also went to Ikea the other day and saw that they are selling moving boxes there in case that helps?

the boxes I've got were all supplied by our removalists ( we also have some bubble wrap and tissue paper) . Let me know if youre interested.

ingy
Hi there,

we have just moved here a couple of weeks ago and have kept most of our boxes. Not sure how many exactly there are but I think at least 30 (medium and large). If you are interested , I can go and check for you in the basement:) I also went to Ikea the other day and saw that they are selling moving boxes there in case that helps?

the boxes I've got were all supplied by our removalists ( we also have some bubble wrap and tissue paper) . Let me know if youre interested.

ingy
ingy, Jul 27, 2008 @ 23:55
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
thanks yumeco and ingy for your replies. :)

ingy, i have found some boxes for now, but will def mail u if i need more :)

thanks again!! 

thanks yumeco and ingy for your replies. :)

ingy, i have found some boxes for now, but will def mail u if i need more :)

thanks again!! 
kimerton, Jul 29, 2008 @ 12:00

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Hi all,

I am just about to move and I am looking for boxes...Anyone wants to get rid of theirs/lend/sell?

Hi all,

I am just about to move and I am looking for boxes...Anyone wants to get rid of theirs/lend/sell?
Fiorella, Feb 9, 2009 @ 16:21

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5
You can find loads of boxes for free on Tuesday night, especially downtown outside the stores after 8pm or so...
You can find loads of boxes for free on Tuesday night, especially downtown outside the stores after 8pm or so...
Translator, Feb 9, 2009 @ 18:21
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6
 Hey everyone,
                            I urgently need some boxes- about 25 kg boxes....in good condition. I hope to use them to ship out things and it seems Swiss Post does not sell them at all! Does anyone have any I can take/buy off of? I would be most grateful!

Thanks!
 Hey everyone,
                            I urgently need some boxes- about 25 kg boxes....in good condition. I hope to use them to ship out things and it seems Swiss Post does not sell them at all! Does anyone have any I can take/buy off of? I would be most grateful!

Thanks!

FFTB, Sep 24, 2009 @ 12:00
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7
 We are moving soon and need boxes as well.  If anyone wants to recycle their boxes from a
recent move, please let me know and I will gladly take them.
thanks
 We are moving soon and need boxes as well.  If anyone wants to recycle their boxes from a
recent move, please let me know and I will gladly take them.
thanks
avni amin, Oct 6, 2009 @ 20:43
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8
 I bought mine at http://www.securstorage.ch/ in carouge! not bad and in all sizes!
 I bought mine at http://www.securstorage.ch/ in carouge! not bad and in all sizes!
pheeb, Oct 7, 2009 @ 00:27
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9
 nickd: i have used a moving company which charged 150 / hour. if you want to contact them, let me know.
 nickd: i have used a moving company which charged 150 / hour. if you want to contact them, let me know.
maxi74, Oct 7, 2009 @ 10:15
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10
 thanks,  I will check out securestorage

about moving
companies, I sent a request to a consolidator that works with 65 geneva companies and they
are going to get back to me with 3 quotes, will let you know once I get the 3 quotes.

A
www.devis-demenageurs-
internationaux.ch

thanks,  I will check out securestorage

about moving
companies, I sent a request to a consolidator that works with 65 geneva companies and they
are going to get back to me with 3 quotes, will let you know once I get the 3 quotes.

A
www.devis-demenageurs-
internationaux.ch

avni amin, Oct 7, 2009 @ 20:16
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
10 Replies | 1224 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form