Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > breaking lease

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
breaking lease

Our regie has given us permission to break lease because our place needs lots of repairs but claims he's not sure officially how to go about it.  We don't want to just take him at his word and sign a new lease possibly ending up paying two rents. Can anyone advise us what we do to officially terminate? Thanks!

The text you are quoting:

Our regie has given us permission to break lease because our place needs lots of repairs but claims he's not sure officially how to go about it.  We don't want to just take him at his word and sign a new lease possibly ending up paying two rents. Can anyone advise us what we do to officially terminate? Thanks!

victoriaDec 17, 2014 @ 21:28
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

5 Replies | 959 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: breaking lease
Post 1

That doesnt make sense. Your Regie is not sure how to officially let you break the lease with them? That alone is reason for you to get out of that place fast...

Since your contract is with the Regie, then all the Regie has to do is send you a letter saying they're letting you out of the contract with no penalty. Since the contract is all between you and them, so no need to involve anyone else. 

That doesnt make sense. Your Regie is not sure how to officially let you break the lease with them? That alone is reason for you to get out of that place fast...

Since your contract is with the Regie, then all the Regie has to do is send you a letter saying they're letting you out of the contract with no penalty. Since the contract is all between you and them, so no need to involve anyone else. 

Nir Ofek, Dec 18, 2014 @ 08:54
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

I agree,  it is strange he says he doesn't know but he has other businesses and doesn't seem serious about this one. He never returns emails, never calls when he says he will,  there's a lot of chasing him. We want something in writing but we weren't sure what, so a letter is enough?

I agree,  it is strange he says he doesn't know but he has other businesses and doesn't seem serious about this one. He never returns emails, never calls when he says he will,  there's a lot of chasing him. We want something in writing but we weren't sure what, so a letter is enough?

victoria, Dec 18, 2014 @ 09:45
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

as long as the letter is from the entity that signed the contract with you, then yes. 

as long as the letter is from the entity that signed the contract with you, then yes. 

Nir Ofek, Dec 18, 2014 @ 09:50
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

He says he is on holidays so could email instead if that would make us feel better?! That was 2 days ago and as yet no word. He also assured us some workmen would come on Monday but of course when we spoke to them they hadn't heard a word.  So depressing!

He says he is on holidays so could email instead if that would make us feel better?! That was 2 days ago and as yet no word. He also assured us some workmen would come on Monday but of course when we spoke to them they hadn't heard a word.  So depressing!

victoria, Dec 19, 2014 @ 22:21
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Victoria, may I ask you - what regie it is? It would be useful to know for all people I think

Victoria, may I ask you - what regie it is? It would be useful to know for all people I think

Liubov D, Dec 20, 2014 @ 19:49
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
5 Replies | 959 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form