Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > buying RAM in Geneva

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
buying RAM in Geneva

So, I got an iPhone 4, which has been a bit of trainwreck in and of itself, but whatever. In order to use the iPhone 4, I have been told that I need to upgrade my iMac to 10.6.3. (I am currently using 10.4) I have bought my copy of 10.6.3, but when I went to install it, it said it couldn't because I didn't have enough RAM.

SO, I went off to Art Computer (where they are always lovely) and they didn't have any in stock. They sent me to Prodimex (which is a PITA to get to by public transport by the way) where they didn't have any RAM for my computer either. I went back to Art and ordered the RAM I needed, but honestly (and here's the entire point of my post)

is there nowhere else in this town to buy RAM? Are these two places it? Please tell me that there are some hidden little shops that carry the right kind of RAM for a 4 year old apple computer. Not that I need it because mine will be here next week, but I would love to know, for someone else when they ask.

Thanks so much!

The text you are quoting:

So, I got an iPhone 4, which has been a bit of trainwreck in and of itself, but whatever. In order to use the iPhone 4, I have been told that I need to upgrade my iMac to 10.6.3. (I am currently using 10.4) I have bought my copy of 10.6.3, but when I went to install it, it said it couldn't because I didn't have enough RAM.

SO, I went off to Art Computer (where they are always lovely) and they didn't have any in stock. They sent me to Prodimex (which is a PITA to get to by public transport by the way) where they didn't have any RAM for my computer either. I went back to Art and ordered the RAM I needed, but honestly (and here's the entire point of my post)

is there nowhere else in this town to buy RAM? Are these two places it? Please tell me that there are some hidden little shops that carry the right kind of RAM for a 4 year old apple computer. Not that I need it because mine will be here next week, but I would love to know, for someone else when they ask.

Thanks so much!

misskateAug 19, 2010 @ 14:49
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

4 Replies | 982 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: buying RAM in Geneva
Post 1

Generally Prodimex is a good bet (or PcTop in Lausanne). It's always going to be harder to find kit for Apple.

As an alternative try ordering it online, toppreise lists lots of suppliers and for memory it looks as if many of them won't charge postage:

http://www.toppreise.ch/index.php?search=apple&cat=43

Generally Prodimex is a good bet (or PcTop in Lausanne). It's always going to be harder to find kit for Apple.

As an alternative try ordering it online, toppreise lists lots of suppliers and for memory it looks as if many of them won't charge postage:

Nicolas M, Aug 19, 2010 @ 14:56
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Aug 19, 10 14:56

Actually I retract what I said about Apple and instead would assert: "You should be able to find kit for Apple if you look around".

Actually I retract what I said about Apple and instead would assert: "You should be able to find kit for Apple if you look around".

Nicolas M, Aug 19, 2010 @ 15:54
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Check: http://www.1000ordi.ch/

It's like Prodimex.

Check: http://www.1000ordi.ch/

It's like Prodimex.

ShineA, Aug 19, 2010 @ 16:40
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Thanks so much for that website. I paid them a visit this evening and they also said that for more RAM for a Mac, they would have to order it.

But at least, now I know of two different places (though not very far from each other distance wise) that are sort of like Radio Shack where all sorts of wonderful techno-geeky things are available. 

Thanks so much for that website. I paid them a visit this evening and they also said that for more RAM for a Mac, they would have to order it.

But at least, now I know of two different places (though not very far from each other distance wise) that are sort of like Radio Shack where all sorts of wonderful techno-geeky things are available. 

misskate, Aug 19, 2010 @ 18:04
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
4 Replies | 982 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form