Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > change of last name on the B permit

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
change of last name on the B permit
I wanted to ask if anyone had to change their last name on their work permit?

My situation is a bit complicated. I have 2 passports from two different countries. One of them has my maiden name, the other one has my married name. Now, my work permit is issued based on the passport that has my maiden name ( it was just easier to use it as it's from the EU country).

I need to change my driver's licence which has my married name (it was issued in Canada)and I was told that I have to change my last name on my permit to my married last name.

I know it sounds complicated, but maybe someone had to go through it too and could tell me if it's possible without applying for a new permit.

Thanks a lot!
The text you are quoting:
I wanted to ask if anyone had to change their last name on their work permit?

My situation is a bit complicated. I have 2 passports from two different countries. One of them has my maiden name, the other one has my married name. Now, my work permit is issued based on the passport that has my maiden name ( it was just easier to use it as it's from the EU country).

I need to change my driver's licence which has my married name (it was issued in Canada)and I was told that I have to change my last name on my permit to my married last name.

I know it sounds complicated, but maybe someone had to go through it too and could tell me if it's possible without applying for a new permit.

Thanks a lot!
MarzAug 7, 2009 @ 17:52
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

5 Replies | 1129 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: change of last name on the B permit
Post 1
Can't you just tell them that you are divorced or something? That would be a nice explanation why your old driving licenece from Canada has your married name an your permit your maiden name. :D
Can't you just tell them that you are divorced or something? That would be a nice explanation why your old driving licenece from Canada has your married name an your permit your maiden name. :D
Arnovd, Aug 7, 2009 @ 18:26
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
Thanks Tinkie- I think I will go in person due to my limited French.

Arnovd- heh, nice one. I'm afraid they wouldn't take it, as I offered to show my marriage certificate which is both in English and French but they insisted that my last names on my driver's licence and my permit must be the same. I don't know why they make things so complicated. Now I have to go to the office of population, stand in the line and see if there's anything they can do. I suspect they will tell me that the name on the permit has to agree with the name of the passport that I used to apply for the permit...
Thanks Tinkie- I think I will go in person due to my limited French.

Arnovd- heh, nice one. I'm afraid they wouldn't take it, as I offered to show my marriage certificate which is both in English and French but they insisted that my last names on my driver's licence and my permit must be the same. I don't know why they make things so complicated. Now I have to go to the office of population, stand in the line and see if there's anything they can do. I suspect they will tell me that the name on the permit has to agree with the name of the passport that I used to apply for the permit...
Marz, Aug 7, 2009 @ 18:34
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
I wanted to update you on my case- I went today, got a different lady and got a permit!!! Yuppi!
I wanted to update you on my case- I went today, got a different lady and got a permit!!! Yuppi!

Marz, Aug 10, 2009 @ 17:08
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4
 Ooopss. I mean  that I got my driver's licence change into a Swiss one.
 Ooopss. I mean  that I got my driver's licence change into a Swiss one.

Marz, Aug 10, 2009 @ 17:09
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
5 Replies | 1129 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form