Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > dancing rock in Geneva?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
dancing rock in Geneva?

So, ok, I know that it can seem crazy (considering that Geneva seems more the capital of the lounge bar...), but I am desperately looking for a place where I can listen to rock music (live, if possible....)... could you help me?

and is someone interested in organizing a meeting in a place like that (if it exsist, of course...)

The text you are quoting:

So, ok, I know that it can seem crazy (considering that Geneva seems more the capital of the lounge bar...), but I am desperately looking for a place where I can listen to rock music (live, if possible....)... could you help me?

and is someone interested in organizing a meeting in a place like that (if it exsist, of course...)

Paola CNov 9, 2010 @ 20:20
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

3 Replies | 601 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: dancing rock in Geneva?
Post 1

Salut Paola!!! I am!! And will join you when I also find it! I've been looking for and the maximum that I found was a strange place in Versoix. A tout.

Salut Paola!!! I am!! And will join you when I also find it! I've been looking for and the maximum that I found was a strange place in Versoix. A tout.

sabriyuk, Nov 9, 2010 @ 20:52
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Well, I've visited places with better live music scenes, shall we say ! There's a few things going on. Depends on what sort of music you're after. The Crazy Canadians are an excellent covers band, playing everything from the 60s upwards. For more original and alternative music, try l'Usine www.usine.ch, really good down and dirty club with a good indie vibe, frequented by people who aren't up themselves and just want to hear good music. Mr Pickwick has bands at weekends but the quality is - how can I put this - variable. There's also a place called the Tiki bar which I have yet to visit but it sounds full of punky promise.

Well, I've visited places with better live music scenes, shall we say ! There's a few things going on. Depends on what sort of music you're after. The Crazy Canadians are an excellent covers band, playing everything from the 60s upwards. For more original and alternative music, try l'Usine www.usine.ch, really good down and dirty club with a good indie vibe, frequented by people who aren't up themselves and just want to hear good music. Mr Pickwick has bands at weekends but the quality is - how can I put this - variable. There's also a place called the Tiki bar which I have yet to visit but it sounds full of punky promise.

Tony Lazarus, Nov 9, 2010 @ 21:06
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Right! I already know the Pickwick (where I've already heard the Crazy Canadians!!!), and unfortunately I've been at l'Usine only when there was electro-music (I hate it!!!). 

Does anybody else know other places?

We could organize a meeting in one of these places :)

Right! I already know the Pickwick (where I've already heard the Crazy Canadians!!!), and unfortunately I've been at l'Usine only when there was electro-music (I hate it!!!). 

Does anybody else know other places?

We could organize a meeting in one of these places :)

Paola C, Nov 9, 2010 @ 22:59
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
3 Replies | 601 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form