Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > frontalier health insurance

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
frontalier health insurance

Hello, just a bit of info to any frontaliers that if you haven't yet used your 'droit d'option' for your health insurance you have 2 weeks left to do so!

The text you are quoting:

Hello, just a bit of info to any frontaliers that if you haven't yet used your 'droit d'option' for your health insurance you have 2 weeks left to do so!

George BuchanSep 14, 2017 @ 11:40
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

8 Replies | 1679 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: frontalier health insurance
Post 1

What happens next?

What happens next?

hay_, Sep 14, 2017 @ 21:52
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

I dont understand , if your a foreign resident, not residing in Switzerland, how does Health insurance get imposed by travelers or foreight workers , working is switzerland. There own countries have soverign rights and laws, and just working in Switzerland should not be imposing restrictions due to ' acceptable Health insurance. 

i think only Accident insurance is a legitimate case by Swiss laws but not health insurance. Sorry but France, England , etc have national insurances that cover there nationals, regardless, but maybe minimal or very restricted in Switzerland, but that would be normal. NORMAL

I dont understand , if your a foreign resident, not residing in Switzerland, how does Health insurance get imposed by travelers or foreight workers , working is switzerland. There own countries have soverign rights and laws, and just working in Switzerland should not be imposing restrictions due to ' acceptable Health insurance. 

i think only Accident insurance is a legitimate case by Swiss laws but not health insurance. Sorry but France, England , etc have national insurances that cover there nationals, regardless, but maybe minimal or very restricted in Switzerland, but that would be normal. NORMAL

Dave G, Sep 15, 2017 @ 00:50
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Mr. Buchan, 

Plkease can you help the expats instead of scaring them. Please provide the details and restrictions, and suggestions, because your posting I am sure could be very very upseting.

Especially your a professional and your comment is so blanketly scary.

Mr. Buchan, 

Plkease can you help the expats instead of scaring them. Please provide the details and restrictions, and suggestions, because your posting I am sure could be very very upseting.

Dave G, Sep 15, 2017 @ 00:59
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

i think the european commission will object by such 

https://www.tdg.ch/geneve/actu-genevoise/Frontaliers-et-assurancemaladie-il-faut-choisir-Et-vite/story/24444701

funny the discussion is between France and Switzerland, because the EU agreements will over ride other country agreements, EU is overriding France, regardless.

https://www.tdg.ch/geneve/actu-genevoise/Frontaliers-et-assurancemaladie-il-faut-choisir-Et-vite/story/24444701

funny the discussion is between France and Switzerland, because the EU agreements will over ride other country agreements, EU is overriding France, regardless.

Dave G, Sep 15, 2017 @ 02:30
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

It's specifically concerning as I said the droit d'option... if you indeed still have the right to choose the Swiss system or the french system, not a general point. This right basically for Swiss or Swiss / French nationals living in France and working in Switzerland who haven't yet signed that they officially want to be affiliated to LAMal or the secu. This window to change ends at the end of this month and not many people seem to know about it. if you don't do anything you will stay with what you have , but with the secu at 8% of your salary, likely to be increasing to 10% , it makes sense to use this right if you have it. If you're not Swiss or don't have double nationality, you will also stay with what you already have. It's not my post which is scary, it's just the short time left for those who can and want to change.

It's specifically concerning as I said the droit d'option... if you indeed still have the right to choose the Swiss system or the french system, not a general point. This right basically for Swiss or Swiss / French nationals living in France and working in Switzerland who haven't yet signed that they officially want to be affiliated to LAMal or the secu. This window to change ends at the end of this month and not many people seem to know about it. if you don't do anything you will stay with what you have , but with the secu at 8% of your salary, likely to be increasing to 10% , it makes sense to use this right if you have it. If you're not Swiss or don't have double nationality, you will also stay with what you already have. It's not my post which is scary, it's just the short time left for those who can and want to change.

George Buchan, Sep 15, 2017 @ 09:57
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Also, if you are not Swiss or have double nationality, you wont have this right to chose at this point. It is indeed a mess, particularly on the French side.

Also, if you are not Swiss or have double nationality, you wont have this right to chose at this point. It is indeed a mess, particularly on the French side.

George Buchan, Sep 15, 2017 @ 10:11
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Sep 15, 17 02:30

https://www.ahv-iv.ch/p/890.e

https://www.ahv-iv.ch/p/890.e

Reka Y, Sep 15, 2017 @ 13:24
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

Mr. Buchan, 

Sep 15, 17 00:59

https://worldradio.ch/news/2017/05/03/frontaliers-warned-to-act-on-health-insurance-now/

I would rather condider his post as a warning than scarring people.

You still have an option to investigate your position if you have not been aware of this. 

Regarding your comments of international treaties overriding the set up, it takes years while this is reviewed and decided. In the meantime, some might not want to pay 8% of their salaries in France .

https://worldradio.ch/news/2017/05/03/frontaliers-warned-to-act-on-health-insurance-now/

I would rather condider his post as a warning than scarring people.

You still have an option to investigate your position if you have not been aware of this. 

Regarding your comments of international treaties overriding the set up, it takes years while this is reviewed and decided. In the meantime, some might not want to pay 8% of their salaries in France .

Reka Y, Sep 15, 2017 @ 13:34
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
8 Replies | 1679 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form