Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > hiking the saleve

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
hiking the saleve

I am looking for an intermediate hike of 2-3 hours on the saleve.  I have found a few websites that lay out the trails but how do I get to them by car?  Does anyone have an address that I can put in a gps?  Thanks.

Kat

The text you are quoting:

I am looking for an intermediate hike of 2-3 hours on the saleve.  I have found a few websites that lay out the trails but how do I get to them by car?  Does anyone have an address that I can put in a gps?  Thanks.

Kat

Kat SApr 14, 2010 @ 23:20
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

3 Replies | 8612 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: hiking the saleve
Post 1

I like to hike from Le Coin (if you just Mapquest Le Coin, France, you'll find it).  It's a pretty hike up the Orjobet, but a little bit of a climb.  Another alternative is to take the Telepherique up and then either hike around or hike down from there (they can give you a map on the Telepherique).  Good luck!

I like to hike from Le Coin (if you just Mapquest Le Coin, France, you'll find it).  It's a pretty hike up the Orjobet, but a little bit of a climb.  Another alternative is to take the Telepherique up and then either hike around or hike down from there (they can give you a map on the Telepherique).  Good luck!

Betsy H, Apr 15, 2010 @ 09:44
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Free hikes are organized every Sunday from the border at 10 am, you can go there with bus No 8. For more info, check http://www.rando-saleve.net/ (info in English below)

Free hikes are organized every Sunday from the border at 10 am, you can go there with bus No 8. For more info, check http://www.rando-saleve.net/ (info in English below)

Bustan_A, Apr 15, 2010 @ 10:53
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

My hike up the Saleve is pretty simple:

1) Take bus number 8 at cornavin and get down in the end of the line, at stop "veyrier douane"

2) Cross the border into France and follow the signs to "Saleve", pass the post office, a restaurant, an agriculture field, cross the bridge over the motorway.

3) Walk up for 1.5 hours and voila, I'm on the top, where paragliders take off and where you can take the telepherique back down.

My hike up the Saleve is pretty simple:

1) Take bus number 8 at cornavin and get down in the end of the line, at stop "veyrier douane"

2) Cross the border into France and follow the signs to "Saleve", pass the post office, a restaurant, an agriculture field, cross the bridge over the motorway.

3) Walk up for 1.5 hours and voila, I'm on the top, where paragliders take off and where you can take the telepherique back down.

geojusto, Apr 15, 2010 @ 12:47
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
3 Replies | 8612 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form